stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Oakland over Baltimore 9:10 start

No time for write up, I like Oakland for several reasons. I can't give you guys long winded analysis all the time.

I like the lefty at home for starters (pardon the pun). And I'm not a Dylan Bundy fan, but Al Bundy made me laugh so hard I pissed my pants.

Oakland 2*

stevenash

Wow, that pick certainly blew monkey chunks.
    I'm done before the first inning is over.
    That's pathetic. That's beyond pathetic, I suck.

OK, I just grabbed my KC Royals cap, turned it inside out, put in on my head, now I have a chance, the rally cap in on.

Oh look, it's 7-0 now, Turner made the extra point.
    I tell you what, he's the best place kicker in the league.

(sorry about the dog pick fellas)

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Sean been one of worst in majors lately

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by bballs84 View Post
    Sean been one of worst in majors lately
    I really expected him to right the ship.

Kris Davis just hit a two run jimmy jack.
    I'm comatose, but I'm not worm food yet.

7-2 now.

I need four shutout relief innings from Brady however.

bballs84

Will root it on brotha

stevenash

The 1B of the future for Oakland Matt Olson with a solo ding dong.
    7-3 now.

Hey this rally cap thing is working.

Holy crap, Melke Cabrera of the Royals just hit one of the most clutch homers of the season off his old Chicago White Sox, was 4-3 Chicago, now 5-4 KC.

Kennedy was sharp, gave up 2 earned in 7 innings walked none.

bballs84

Ya I have been huge A's fan my whole life.. Lots of young talent in order which is weird.. Chapman gonna be stud as well.. Unfortunately all prob in different uniform in 4-5 years

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by bballs84 View Post
    Ya I have been huge A's fan my whole life.. Lots of young talent in order which is weird.. Chapman gonna be stud as well.. Unfortunately all prob in different uniform in 4-5 years
    I'd like to see a new park for Oakland.
    I like the 2/3/4/5 of Pinder (who I really like) Lowrie is very dependable, Davis is a beast and Healy who has that sneaky power.
    I was a catcher myself back in the day, I'm rooting for Maxwell, has a nice lefty swing, but he's not hitting this year, and let's face it he's a barely adequate defender. It's nice to have a backup catcher that hits left, he's somewhere between last year's .280 and this year's .220
    Phegly is better, but not by that much.
    Cutting Sonny loose was the right thing, his best years are in the rear view mirror.
    I really do like Sean, I though he was in a good spot against Bundy and tonight was going to be a confidence builder.
    Madson is a stud out of the 'pen, Doolittle to, but don't you hold your breath every time he comes in you think he's going to blow his arm out, during the off season when some people were talking up Cotton I never saw it.
    Guy who I do like is Graveman , what's up with his shoulder? Last year he ate up all those innings, I like innings eaters, thing is he doesn't strike anyone out.

I'd like to see the A's compete again, but I don't see it within the next few years, if I'm in the front office I'd evaluate the kids real close, and sign to keep the ones that have a future.
    Does this David Forst have a clue? I don't know really anything about him, I'm money ball guy myself but only to a certain degree, I still say if a .220 hitter vs. left handed pitching has been hot, let him hit against the lefty, let the manager manage some, don't always have to match up by the numbers, that's why I dislike Girardi.

My guy is Ned Yost, fills out the card, says to the starting nine "OK, have fun" and pretty much leaves everything else be.
    Yost doesn't really get involved in the stat sheets, him and his buddy Kuntz, love that duo.

bballs84

Lots of these guys can mash but defense awful besides Chapman at third.. Will be a gold glover.. Not sure where you are going with Madson Doolittle comment.. They were both traded to Nats couple weeks before deadline Nasher.. Miss Sonny already.. believe it or not this team needs pitching and bullpen help.. Never the case in glory moneyball days.. Now it is.. Lineup is good enough to win but that pitching.. Well.. They have none