PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Trump at it again:filling the SWAMP with more corruption.............

TRUMP HIRING A BANK LAWYER TO ATTACK CFPB BANK RULES

PRESIDENT TRUMP AND Congress have broadcast their every intention to gut the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. The president’s budget attempted to defund it and leading Republicans have called for its director to be fired and replaced with a more Wall Street-compliant regulator.

But much like the bulk of Trump’s agenda, that assault remains in the aspirational phase, and the agency continues to do its work. Earlier this month, the CFPB released a major new rule, flat-out barring financial institutions from using forced arbitration clauses in consumer contracts to stop class-action lawsuits.
    Now, Trump has sent out his lead attack dog to overturn the arbitration rule — a former bank lawyer who has used the very tactic the CFPB wants to prevent.

Class-action lawsuits are often the only way abusive behavior is checked. Take one of the more flagrant examples relating to overdraft fees. Millions of Americans are painfully familiar with the little perforated postcard that kindly arrives in the mail, courtesy of your financial institution, informing you that you have overdrawn your bank account and have been assessed a fee. Or, sometimes, you get three of them in the mail.

In order to make sure you get three and not one, banks in the past would re-order your transactions. The case of Gutierrez v. Wells Fargo is instructive here: a federal class-action case in California, the suit charged the bank with debit card reordering, or altering the sequence of debit card withdrawals to maximize overdraft fees. So if a cardholder with $100 in their account made successive withdrawals of $20, $30, and $110 over the course of a day, instead of getting hit with one $35 overdraft fee, Wells Fargo would reorder the transactions from high to low, thus earning three fees.

The plaintiffs won a $203 million judgment in 2010. But in an appeal before the 9th Circuit in 2012, Wells’ lawyers argued that a U.S. Supreme Court ruling in 2011, AT&T Mobility v. Concepcion, gave Wells Fargo the right to compel arbitration and quash the case, even after the judgment was rendered.

The 9th Circuit ruled that Wells Fargo never requested or even mentioned arbitration for five years of litigating the case. Only after losing in court and getting a potential lifeline from the Supreme Court did the lawyers take the shot. “Ordering arbitration would … be inconsistent with the parties’ agreement, and contradict their conduct throughout the litigation,” the court ruled.

Wells Fargo eventually paid California customers, but only after six years of appeals. Yet the company is still trying to use arbitration to quash a similar class action on overdraft fees, which would affect consumers in the other 49 states. Over 30 banks have been sued for this conduct, and every one of them settled the case except Wells Fargo.

Read much more here>PMORE TRUMP POPULISM: HIRING A BANK LAWYER TO ATTACK CFPB BANK RULES

David Dayen
    July 20 2017, 8:00 a.m.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I got a warning for posting a POKER staking thread in the poker subforum

how is pauly not banned yet for posting this bs in players talk?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Rudy settle down

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

This rag of a paper is further left than most of the left wing media. Based on opinion on how people are suppose to think according to these 'journalists' filled with liberal hate.

Gimme a break.

chidondollars
    chidondollars's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1315

RR,some liberals still havent come to terms that TRUMP is the president.i have lost faith that i can bring them to earth but i wont give up
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket

pinnerpsk
    pinnerpsk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

An article copied and pasted from the intercept...

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post
    This rag of a paper is further left than most of the left wing media. Based on opinion on how people are suppose to think according to these 'journalists' filled with liberal hate.

Gimme a break.
    Whoa,where did that baseless,senseless rant, according to the OP, come from?

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by pinnerpsk View Post
    An article copied and pasted from the intercept...
    Whats so funny about uncensored journalism?

Where do you get your news from?

I have a hunch it is the scripted "read by a pretty face" Fox news channel.......
    And when you're in your car, Rush Limbaugh..

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by chidondollars View Post
    RR,some liberals still havent come to terms that TRUMP is the president.i have lost faith that i can bring them to earth but i wont give up
    they have long 3+ years to go my friend

pinnerpsk
    pinnerpsk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Whats so funny about uncensored journalism?

Where do you get your news from?

I have a hunch it is the scripted "read by a pretty face" Fox news channel.......
    And when you're in your car, Rush Limbaugh..
    Let's say I did get my news Rush Limbaugh. Wouldn't you agree that The Interecept is as far left as Rush is as far right?

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by pinnerpsk View Post
    Let's say I did get my news Rush Limbaugh. Wouldn't you agree that The Interecept is as far left as Rush is as far right?
    No,

what is so left about this OP?

Do you want me to show you articles from intercept that bash the democrats as well?

Then my guess is you'll say they are anti American.......

Oh, your LMAO i ridicule gave you away...........

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Liberals can not grasp the concept of successful business folks running the country. Hilarious. The stock market gets it. Liberals simply terrified at the idea of making the country great.

Liberals realize this is the beginning of the end. A roaring economy and rising wages is their death. And they are in a death fight to prevent it. Wait until next month when tax cuts hit the floor of the House. You will see a lot more of this desperate propaganda.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

lol low IQ pauly posting on things he knows NOTHING about. Any amateur could recognize that trend.

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2069

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Liberals can not grasp the concept of successful business folks running the country. Hilarious. The stock market gets it. Liberals simply terrified at the idea of making the country great.

Liberals realize this is the beginning of the end. A roaring economy and rising wages is their death. And they are in a death fight to prevent it. Wait until next month when tax cuts hit the floor of the House. You will see a lot more of this desperate propaganda.
    as a thinking person hard to grasp this president who is his own conflict of interest. This is your guy to push your ultra right agenda? You should be terrified I;m mystified. bol to your utopia

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Again??? When did he stop

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

yeah, he is off to a great start. making america great again.

never the end for progressives, never happen. the history of this country is exactly the opposite of what you print my friend. either you don't know history or you are simply hoping for the impossible.

The Kraken

I would venture to say a majority of those "successful businesses" both big and small, are run by liberals.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

[QUOTE=The Kraken;27098436]I would venture to say a majority of those "successful businesses" both big and small, are run by liberals.

[/QUOT

almost every recent billionaire businessman is a progressive. true statement K, as usual.

PAULYPOKER

Mr. bacon tune in to my new thread on the fiasco of tax reform.............

Trump's Republican team is off with one ano

RoyBacon

Dante come clean. Your fellow libs will not.

Consumer confidence is at an all time high as is the stock market. Even wages are rising for the working class(remember them?). Tax cuts are coming with retroactive cuts. You are not worried the economy will be booming when Nov '18 gets here??

The Kraken

Consumer confidence is at an all time high as is the stock market. Even wages are rising for the working class(remember them?). Tax cuts are coming with retroactive cuts. You are not worried the economy will be booming when Nov '18 gets here??
    How bout you come clean first

The stock market being at an all time high has ZERO to do with Trump

When Obama took office it was around 8000 and when he left it was near 20000

Today it sits at 21500... Trump does not get to declare this victory

Honestly, Trump hasn't even faced adversity yet. His time in office has been extremely easy. W had 9/11 to deal with, Obama had the market crashing

Trump is simply the benefactor to Obamas hard work and handing off a near perfectly tuned economy

When Trump leaves office, the DJ will be sub 20000

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Ok, I've participated in the polito crap here for a bit but it's getting tiresome (even for a self righteous preck like me). Dude take this to Facebook. Let's hear how you feel about betting the under on a top defense at home?

Or if you think of the "college 4 team moneyline parlay on -14 home teams" is a good strategy.

And do you bet the same amount per game or do you weigh them? And if so how do you estimate your risk?

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

you think this is attributed to what DT has done, is that what you believe.

talk to me in 4 years if he is still around.

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    How bout you come clean first

The stock market being at an all time high has ZERO to do with Trump

When Obama took office it was around 8000 and when he left it was near 20000

Today it sits at 21500... Trump does not get to declare this victory

Honestly, Trump hasn't even faced adversity yet. His time in office has been extremely easy. W had 9/11 to deal with, Obama had the market crashing

Trump is simply the benefactor to Obamas hard work and handing off a near perfectly tuned economy

When Trump leaves office, the DJ will be sub 20000
    If I thought you believed that I would consider you an idiot but I know it's partisanship.

Consumer confidence is not at an all time high because of Obama. Obama didn't do anything the final six years after Republicans took over. And we both know that so why play dumb?

Next year you will have hard time spinning to the working class that Obama and the Dems get even a molecule of credit for a booming economy, assuming it's booming. They opposed everything that is being done to get it going.

I'm just curious if and libs can put aside partisanship and discuss whether they fear a booming economy will hurt their cause in '18? It's not a trick question.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

If I thought you believed that I would consider you an idiot but I know it's partisanship.

Consumer confidence is not at an all time high because of Obama. Obama didn't do anything the final six years after Republicans took over. And we both know that so why play dumb?

Next year you will have hard time spinning to the working class that Obama and the Dems get even a molecule of credit for a booming economy, assuming it's booming. They opposed everything that is being done to get it going.

I'm just curious if and libs can put aside partisanship and discuss whether they fear a booming economy will hurt their cause in '18? It's not a trick question.

RoyBacon

Crickets. I guess that is just too terrifying of a question for libs to consider.

It puts libs in a very bad situation. They have to see a weakening economy to make gains in '18. If that doesn't happen they are forced to fake and weave which did not play well with the working class in '16.

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

The whole partisanship thing is going to implode this country. Trump made a statement about how when they finally repeal and not replace the Dems will come begging to work with them to get something done.

That has gotta be the dumbest statement ever. The Dems won't like it and will fight repeal. But they won't come begging when the right move will be to let the GOP wear it. Like they did for the last shutdown.

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed they haven't been able to get anything big done. I mean they hold the house and the senate along with the white house. It should be smooth sailing. If the GOP in the senate were a united front they could pass anything. But they can't at the moment because those senators need to face the whole state and not just their gerrymandered district.

The REDMAP gerrymander of 2010 (a brilliant tactical play for grabbing power by way and executed brilliantly I might add) actually hurt American politics more than anything before (even more than when elder bush handed the party to the evangelicals). It pushed the moderate Repub and Dem representatives right out of the house and pushed in extremists on either side (cause there was no balance or "swing" to district elections). That is why some GOP Senators are "bucking" the GOP playbook. They don't have the luxury of having a district cherry picked and drawn to guarantee it votes Republican like so many of their counterparts in the house do. So it is either buck the playbook or risk being voted out.

America has a HUGE identity crisis. And it won't be fixed for awhile. Not until politics can come back to the center. Which probably will never happen now that the gerrymander pretty much guaranteed extremism.

end soap box.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8516

Trump can't win no matter what he does in some of your eyes.

First he hires people who have no political experience. That's bad.

He hires people with political experience. That's bad too.

He wants to promote make in America. That's bad.

He asks for 2 scoops of ice cream. That's bad. That one could actually be kinda bad.

Basically, let's just say anything Trump does is bad. Let's not wait for actual results and judge them accordingly. Prejudging negatively everything Trump does is smart because you all know better.

And that's all I got to say about that.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post

He asks for 2 scoops of ice cream. That's bad. That one could actually be kinda bad.

Basically, let's just say anything Trump does is bad. Let's not wait for actual results and judge them accordingly. Prejudging negatively everything Trump does is smart because you all know better.

in other words complete BS is all you have to say. present some facts, not BS, you deal in BS and lies like your best Brooks, two beauties.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Crickets. I guess that is just too terrifying of a question for libs to consider.

It puts libs in a very bad situation. They have to see a weakening economy to make gains in '18. If that doesn't happen they are forced to fake and weave which did not play well with the working class in '16.
    I'm going to call you the energizer bunny. First you couldn't explain how reagan lost the senate in his last two years office. Then you asked "name a policy that the left has put forth to grow jobs?" I said wind farms and you left for 2 weeks. Not that your right but you disappear. To Quote a "GREAT" philosopher from the right..... "Why are you running?"

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    I'm going to call you the energizer bunny. First you couldn't explain how reagan lost the senate in his last two years office. Then you asked "name a policy that the left has put forth to grow jobs?" I said wind farms and you left for 2 weeks. Not that your right but you disappear. To Quote a "GREAT" philosopher from the right..... "Why are you running?"
    You should get a job at CNN chico. Everything you say is completely fake.

I didn't want to rough you libs up. It's a fair question. What happens if the economy revs up? Is it the end? Is there enough faking and weaving to overcome a strong economy in '18??

It's a terrifying thought for liberals but there are 8 highly vulnerable Dem senators up in '18, some in states where Trump won by double digits. 52 + 8 is a critical number.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8516

You should get a job at CNN chico. Everything you say is completely fake.

I didn't want to rough you libs up. It's a fair question. What happens if the economy revs up? Is it the end? Is there enough faking and weaving to overcome a strong economy in '18??

It's a terrifying thought for liberals but there are 8 highly vulnerable Dem senators up in '18, some in states where Trump won by double digits. 52 + 8 is a critical number.
    there are so many posters who have been totally brainwashed by CNN for years that they truly don't know any better. We all know who most of then are. Most will always revert to Fox or Faux as if that is somehow supposed to look clever. Its like the Drumpf thing.

If funny to watch at times.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post

And Trump can't lose no matter what he does in your eye.

Like I've said, Trump goes for single payer health care as you've suggested and he has my atta boy.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14757

A famous Republican once said

Never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut