Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Breaking News..... Manute Bol was a HUGE ROID HEAD!!!!!

how else do you think he got so good at shooting 3's in one year?

Don Nelson's coaching???

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

It makes sense...how else does one make the transition from the Nba to minor league hockey ? That's just not normal or natural

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Never heard of him.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    Never heard of him.

cuz he died at a young age of too much juice!!!

guy killed a damn lion with his bare hands for goodness sakes!!!

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

RIP Manute and Rick!

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    The guy looks hung like a zebra.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. — Bol Bol is not the only son of a former NBA player on his AAU team here at the Nike Peach Jam.

Shareef O’Neal, son of former NBA star Shaquille O’Neal, also plays for Cal Supreme, one of the teams on the Nike circuit.

Whereas Shaq was on hand Wednesday night watching his son, Manute Bol passed away in 2010. Yet his son, who stands 7-foot-2 and attends Mater Dei (Calif.) High School, is used to the comparisons based on his name and his game. Like his father, Bol likes to shoot the 3-point shot, and also likes to block shots.

“It’s a lot of pressure but throughout time I’m used to it,” the younger Bol said of living up to his father’s name

Ranked No. 4 in the ESPN.com Class of 2018 rankings, Bol Bol was named the MVP of the Nike EYBL regular season after averaging 24.1 points, 10 rebounds and 4.5 blocks while shooting 49 percent from deep and leading his team to a 13-3 record.

Not surprisingly, he is the subject of a blueblood recruiting rush with Kentucky, Arizona, UCLA, Oregon and USC among the schools involved.

“I’m going to probably start taking visits after Peach Jam,” he said, adding that he plans to visit Arizona, Kentucky and Oregon. “I haven’t set up the rest of my visits yet. I think I’ll take at least three [visits], I don’t know about five.”

He added: “I’m definitely open, I don’t have my mind made up on school.”

On Wednesday night, Arizona coach Sean Miller, Kentucky’s Kenny Payne, and Oregon’s Mike Mennenga were among those watching him.

Bol said he has “good contact” with the Arizona staff. “We keep in good touch.”

As for Oregon, “It’s like really close, so that’s a good visit to take.”

In terms of Kentucky, Bol is still considering the Wildcats despite a unique situation last month where he was cut by the USA U19 team coached by Kentucky’s John Calipari.

“It was very disappointing [to not make the team] because I just heard good things from [Calipari] and other people the whole weekend,” Bol said of the tryouts last month in Colorado Springs, Colo.

Bol will never know how the USA U19 team would have done at the FIBA U19 World Cup had he made the team. In Cairo, Egypt, the team lost to R.J. Barrett and Canada in the semifinals before finishing in third place.

Asked if he could have helped, he simply said, “Yeah.”

Still, he doesn’t hold any bitterness toward Calipari and Kentucky and is still considering UK among his list of colleges. Payne spoke with Bol after the cuts to clear the air.

“Yeah, he’s the one that told me that I should’ve made it, too,” Bol said.

“It wasn’t just [Calipari’s] fault, because as a coaching staff it’s the USA Basketball staff, so I don’t really blame him for not putting me on the team because he can’t officially decide everyone who’s on the team,” he added.

The U19 team did keep four high school players: Immanuel Quickley, Romeo Langford, Louis King and Cam Reddish. Three hold scholarship offers from Kentucky.

Asked if he thinks Kentucky has a recruiting edge with those players, he said, “I think it should a little bit, because they spent more time with Cal so they can build a closer relationship.”

Whether Manute Bol’s son winds up at Kentucky remains to be seen. Wherever he goes, his father’s name and game will follow him.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

guy killed a damn lion with his bare hands for goodness sakes!!!
    Holy shit is this true?

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2053

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Holy shit is this true?
    I remember him doing that

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Holy shit is this true?
    As legend has it, when Manute was 15-years old he killed a lion with a spear somewhere near his village in Africa.

The folks at Atavist.net evidently debunked this myth by stating Bol told one of his closest friends that he made the story up but there’s no definitive proof of this conversation.
    Points Awarded:

grease lightnin gave str 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Thanks stirrer

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Looks like he has a decent size package

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Never heard anything of Bol using steroids. Dude was skinny as a twig. I saw him in a night club in Washington DC many years ago. He was black as night. I could barely see his face, he was so dark. I could only see his teeth (which were white), his eyes and his knees that were up towards his head they were so long. A beautiful Ethiopian woman was sitting next to him. She looked smaller than his legs. Crazy sight.

The club gave you a free house drink, Long Island ice tea that had to be about 20 oz. We were already drinking the entire day. One of my friends had just bought a brand new Mercedes so he was already driving like a lunatic. I told him he shouldn't drive anymore but of course he said he was okay. I ended up getting in my other friends car headed back to his house because I didn't want to drive with that idiot. We get a call 4 hours later where my friend was in jail. That drink put him over the limit. This was when MADD was really ramping up. They fukked him big time. He had to stay in jail for like a day and a half (until alcohol had to be completely out of his system or some shit, his car got towed, he got like a $5k fine but worst of all, he had to do like 1,000 hours of community service. Maybe it was 2,000, I can't remember but it was a ridiculous amount. How the hell do you ever work that shit off?

I've never, ever driven drunk ever since. I've left cars all over the place and caught taxi's instead. His example scarred me. He was hemmed up legally for a few years from that night.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Never heard anything of Bol using steroids. Dude was skinny as a twig. I saw him in a night club in Washington DC many years ago. He was black as night. I could barely see his face, he was so dark. I could only see his teeth (which were white), his eyes and his knees that were up towards his head they were so long. A beautiful Ethiopian woman was sitting next to him. She looked smaller than his legs. Crazy sight.

The club gave you a free house drink, Long Island ice tea that had to be about 20 oz. We were already drinking the entire day. One of my friends had just bought a brand new Mercedes so he was already driving like a lunatic. I told him he shouldn't drive anymore but of course he said he was okay. I ended up getting in my other friends car headed back to his house because I didn't want to drive with that idiot. We get a call 4 hours later where my friend was in jail. That drink put him over the limit. This was when MADD was really ramping up. They fukked him big time. He had to stay in jail for like a day and a half (until alcohol had to be completely out of his system or some shit, his car got towed, he got like a $5k fine but worst of all, he had to do like 1,000 hours of community service. Maybe it was 2,000, I can't remember but it was a ridiculous amount. How the hell do you ever work that shit off?

I've never, ever driven drunk ever since. I've left cars all over the place and caught taxi's instead. His example scarred me. He was hemmed up legally for a few years from that night.
    So you're saying you saw Manute Bol once?

Mac4Lyfe

Damn, his son has skills. Look at that between the legs dunk at 2.34. Impressive. He is much more athletic as his father.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

Bola son should land in th NBA

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Did he take those special roids that make you skinnier?
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave DiggityDaggityDo 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Did he take those special roids that make you skinnier?
    I talked to a scientist once that made a very good argument on why people are short or tall. He had done research on many cultures over many generations and his assertion was that pasteurization caused people to grow taller. He had done research in Africa with the Dinka tribe (Bol's family tribe) and they had been pasteurizing (heating up over a period of time I think) for centuries. Bol's mother or grandmother was supposedly 8 feet tall. The entire tribe are tall. So are the Tutsi's, people in Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, he said all have pasteurized their foods. He then looked at short people, including tribes with short people and they did not use the process at all. He then showed me a graph that showed the US. The average height of men in 1850's were like 5'4" before pasteurization. Over the next century that grew to 5'10". You could see a specific jump in the tables right after pasteurization. I've seen studies saying that nutrition is the biggest factor for growth so maybe pasteurization just means better nutrition as a whole but it was very convincing.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Looks like he has a decent size package
    Base on what? Oh hi funniest

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Base on what? Oh hi funniest
    hi toniest hi funiest

tony_come

Hi smokiest

Smoke

toniest how is your day?

tony_come

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    toniest how is your day?
    Horny without pussy

tony_come

Smokiest you horny or what?

Smoke

Toniest no. i shot a load earlier. stikky mess

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Damn, his son has skills. Look at that between the legs dunk at 2.34. Impressive. He is much more athletic as his father.

he's 7 feet tall playing against 6'2" guys- of course hes' dominating and he shoots his jump shot from his chin. He must be watching Lonzo Ball videos.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19285

How would roids help you make a set shot 3 pointer? Nute was on Letterman and said the first time he played basketball he knocked his front teeth out on the rim. He tells Dave he is glad he tried out and he is rich now and can buy new teeth everyday if he wants to