PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Trump's Republican team is off with one another's heads over Tax Reform

NOW IT’S TIME FOR TAX CUTS —
    AND REPUBLICANS ARE MORE DIVIDED THAN EVER

Here’s how that’s going. Freedom Caucus members went public about their fears of being cut out of the deal. Nevertheless, GOP leaders persisted, releasing a budget resolution this week with $203 billion in mandatory spending cuts and trillions more in other reductions. That infuriated the more moderate members of bunch. It also included a “deficit-neutral” tax reform that includes an unpopular tax increase conservatives can’t stand. Sound familiar?

[Clarification: The budget resolution instructs the Ways and Means Committee to devise a deficit-neutral tax reform, but does not specify any specific tax cuts or increases to accomplish that. While Rep. Mark Sanford, R-S.C., did suggest amending the resolution to exclude a border adjustment tax from any future bill, the resolution did not require the border adjustment tax, although that is the main revenue-raiser being discussed by the House GOP. We regret any impression that the budget resolution required that tax to be instituted.]

Freedom Caucus conservatives want more cuts and no offsetting tax increases, and moderates want fewer cuts. With only 22 votes needed to kill the budget, both sides could have the votes to do the deed.

The head of the Freedom Caucus confidently predicted the resolution doesn’t have the votes to pass the House. By Tuesday night, House leaders were already scaling back their ambitions, vowing to pass only a handful of the necessary appropriations bills. One Freedom Caucus member threatened a poison-pill amendment in the Budget Committee that would kill the biggest revenue-raiser in the bill, the unpopular “border adjustment tax.” On Wednesday night, House Budget Committee chair Diane Black disposed of that amendment, and the budget resolution squeaked through committee, but it’s viability on the floor is anything but certain.

“I have serious concerns about the budget in its current form,” said Rep. Charlie Dent, R-Pa., head of the moderate caucus. “The focus of this budget should be on reconciliation instructions for tax reform. … Trying to use mandatory savings in the same reconciliation instructions is going to make tax reform much harder, not easier. Anybody with a pair of eyes can see this.”

The budget resolution is really a fight over tax cuts, and even more so a fight about deficits. The House GOP blueprint insists on revenue neutrality, making it difficult to pass, because you have to find acceptable tax increases from a Republican caucus that hates them all.

If all that fails, Republicans have said they’ll pursue a “shell” budget — which has close to nothing in it, but still allows the filibuster to be busted. But conservative Republicans in the Senate — enough to kill it — have said they won’t support a shell.

Read more here>NOW IT’S TIME FOR TAX CUTS — AND REPUBLICANS ARE MORE DIVIDED THAN EVER
    David Dayen

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

The cuts will not be deep enough. We all know that without a rambling manifesto. It's unfortunate but the Republicans hold the narrowest of majority and Dems do not give a rats azz about working folks we all know that too.

However the executive branch has already undone Obama's smothering regulation and a decent tax cut will spark further economic momentum.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

Wait are they going to pass health bill or no? Might not pass tax bill? What the hell.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Can't do anything without leadership. Originally they said tax cuts done by June. Almost August and not even a draft bill. W had his tax cut by June, I believe.

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Wait are they going to pass health bill or no? Might not pass tax bill? What the hell.
    Healthcare was always going to be tough with zero democrats. I think they will decide to keep Obamacare and move on to tax cuts and infrastructure.

The Dems are able to spin the narrative that 22 million will lose coverage vs Obamacare but the devil is in the details. With the Obamacare death spiral pretty soon the Republican plan will look much smarter but we have to hit bottom on Obamacare first.

PAULYPOKER

The only Healthcare bill that will be passed is a single payers bill, only it will have a different name......

RoyBacon

They should simply repeal it and let the market/states take care of it. If your state wants single payer then great. Another state wants no insurance at all then great too. The country is too big for a one size fits all. It ends up being a clusterfvck like Obamacare.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

American politics are laughable. A bunch of clowns running around like they think they know what they're talking about.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14745

Last edited by Jayvegas420; 07-22-17 at 12:43 AM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    They should simply repeal it and let the market/states take care of it. If your state wants single payer then great. Another state wants no insurance at all then great too. The country is too big for a one size fits all. It ends up being a clusterfvck like Obamacare.
    No way. People can move from one state to another or claim residency or game it. You act like a person belongs to a state. 50 different systems total non-starter. Country is not too big. We already have the one-size-fits-all for seniors. It works.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

i reported this post

my first report ever

i got a fukkin warning for creating a poker staking thread in the POKER subforum

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

people that vote for these traitorous dumbfukks

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    you are an illegal alien

oh the irony

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8504

taxes should be 10% flax tax. No deductions. Put in a goods&services tax on everything else of 3 to 5%.

You're welcome

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    taxes should be 10% flax tax. No deductions. Put in a goods&services tax on everything else of 3 to 5%.

You're welcome
    In other words, raise taxes on poor people, lower taxes on rich people, and reduce revenue. Brilliant. I'm sure that will fix everything. Thanks.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    you are an illegal alien

oh the irony
    Irony in what way you rooster eyed motherfukker?

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8504

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    In other words, raise taxes on poor people, lower taxes on rich people, and reduce revenue. Brilliant. I'm sure that will fix everything. Thanks.

RudyRuetigger

i seriously reported this thread

why isn't it moved?

PAULYPOKER

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    American politics are laughable. A bunch of clowns running around like they think they know what they're talking about.
    of course..America

is trash now

Politicians and immigrants ruined it

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

I have lost 3 friends to opiods sp in the last 3 years. These doctors should be up on murder charges. Person fuucks his back up at work and these fuuckers put them on that shit. One was a road grader in heavy construction,another was line repairman for duke energy and third was painter who had his own company. These guys all made over 100 grand and were not on the govt dole like brooks.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14745

I lost three friends because I voted for Trump....it cuts both ways!

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

lol story time with chico, get your popcorn

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    I lost three friends because I voted for Trump....it cuts both ways!
    the difference is you can see them again but i will never have that chance. The doctors are getting extra money to get our society hook to opiods

PAULYPOKER

‘Secret donors help Trump push ahead agenda’

US President Donald Trump’s secret donors have been leading outside efforts to either defend him against investigations or win him support among voters and congressional Republicans, according to a new report.

Billionaire Charles Koch, an entrepreneur who has been running a political empire with his brother Robert, has so far spent 2 million to boost Trump’s tax-cut plan and is aiming to hold another event in Washington to rally congressional support, the USA Today reported Sunday.

Americans for Prosperity, the Koch network’s grass-roots arm, has scheduled some 50 events in August and September to promote the blueprint.

The Great America Alliance, another pro-Trump group, has spent more than $3 million advertising Trump’s policies and has committed to spend another $5 million for the same purpose, says Eric Beach, a Republican strategist who helps run the group.

The group is also behind a $450,000 ad that claims the ongoing probe into Trump’s alleged ties to Russia is a “rigged game.”

The Judicial Crisis network spent $7 million to muster support for Trump’s top judicial nominee, Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch.

The group’s policy director Carrie Severino said in a statement that the JCN was “prepared to spend whatever we need to spend to help President Trump fulfill his promise of restoring balance to our federal courts.”

America First Policies, another group supporting the Republican president, has spent $5 million to support Republican Karen Handel, Trump’s favorite nominee in Georgia’s June special election.

According to the report, non-profit groups have spent $7.5 million to influence congressional special elections so far this year, up from $1.8 million spent over the same period in the 2013-2014 election cycles.

All of the donating groups are non-profits that can accept any amount of money from virtually anyone without being required by law to disclose their donors.

Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton (Photo by AFP)

During last year’s presidential campaign, Trump time and again accused his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton of taking large sums of money in form of donations to the Clinton Foundation in exchange for political favors.

Trump recently attacked Attorney General Jeff Sessions for not replacing acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, who oversaw the bureau’s investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails.

The president says McCabe should have recused himself from the probe because his wife, Jill, had received nearly $700,000 from a close Clinton ally during her unsuccessful 2015 campaign for the Virginia state Senate.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Healthcare was always going to be tough with zero democrats. I think they will decide to keep Obamacare and move on to tax cuts and infrastructure.

The Dems are able to spin the narrative that 22 million will lose coverage vs Obamacare but the devil is in the details. With the Obamacare death spiral pretty soon the Republican plan will look much smarter but we have to hit bottom on Obamacare first.
    problem is they need health care budgets tax cuts to make the system work. That is why trump want's to give it another crack. If they didn't have the wall situation than they could pass a bill. I will say trump is doing wonders on the stock market. Obama raised us up from w's mess and trump has taken it to another level. Or businesses confidence has. Either way he deserves credit.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

saloon or politics

chico2663

kudo out of respect to you and sammy, every thing goes in politics

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    problem is they need health care budgets tax cuts to make the system work. That is why trump want's to give it another crack. If they didn't have the wall situation than they could pass a bill. I will say trump is doing wonders on the stock market. Obama raised us up from w's mess and trump has taken it to another level. Or businesses confidence has. Either way he deserves credit.
    chico lying again

get post-it notes you moron

brooks85

lol the funniest part about this thread is pauly couldn't pass 7th grade. Not a joke.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

hey look that lying moron who said he was in the marines. Hey you lying sack of shit, how ya doing? I ran you off so long ago, it's been awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Can't do anything without leadership. Originally they said tax cuts done by June. Almost August and not even a draft bill. W had his tax cut by June, I believe.

hey look that lying moron who said he was a lawyer. Hey you lying sack of shit, how ya doing? I ran you off so long ago, it's been awhile!

chico2663

Tomi Lahren admits she benefits from Obamacare during Chelsea Handler debate at Politicon

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    hey look that lying moron who said he was in the marines. Hey you lying sack of shit, how ya doing? I ran you off so long ago, it's been awhile!

hey look that lying moron who said he was a lawyer. Hey you lying sack of shit, how ya doing? I ran you off so long ago, it's been awhile!
    The only thing you have been running is your dicc sucker

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    The only thing you have been running is your dicc sucker
    hey coward who runs away when he gets caught lying.

chico2663

brooks no one lies to you. You are like one of those pieces of mud.That becomes stuck on the bottom of my shoe after a hard rain.

12 Last