lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Why are athletes getting fined for gay slurs?

What's the big deal? It's normal to talk like that.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

So their respective leagues and teams can still sell advertising. It's all about money. Don't upset the sponsors.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20394

You really need the answer to this? We live in a society sensitive to minorities and homosexuals now, you can't say much anymore.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11961

Well keeping it real.. Let me take a stab at it - First off it offends the gay community..

Getting to the source of it all -

Most men and women that are straight in this world and of religious belief can't really understand or accept why men get with men and women get with women.. The penis is suppose to unload in a vagina to reproduce as it is the way we were created....

Personally I don't care who does what.. Just breaking it down off the dribble..

So in conclusion gays will always be discriminated against even in sports and always in the straight world... The world turns and that's life..

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

I remember the word phag was used all the time when I grew up. In fact if you didn't use the word phag you were considered one.

lom bylyri
    lom bylyri's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

It's normal to jerk off too, but you don't call for time and do it in the batter's box. Plus Jason Motte is not homosexual...

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20394

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I remember the word phag was used all the time when I grew up. In fact if you didn't use the word phag you were considered one.
    And Im sure your grandpa used to use the "N" word all the time when referring to black people in the early and mid 1900's. Society changes.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Merella

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

40% athletes gay now

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

LB, I think SBR started this trend and most major sports leagues just followed it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    And Im sure your grandpa used to use the "N" word all the time when referring to black people in the early and mid 1900's. Society changes.
    No the proper ones back in the day called black people "colored"... Try calling a black person "colored" today and that might be worse then the "N" word...

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16157

Society is just plain gay...too many sensitive people out there

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Laker if you were a gay guy would you like people joking about you being gay>?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Anytime I've watch Durant dunk on anyone he turns to them and calls them a B*tch A$$ N****A. Then his mom cries when fans call him a bitch.....hypocrite much?

Anyway, a lot of players talk like that.

Hell, when I played sports in high school people talked like that. The world is soft now.

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    40% athletes gay now
    lmfao

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16157

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    40% athletes gay now
    Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post

lmfao
    WNBA brings that percentage up

wikkidinsane

Shit Changes over time man. Language wasnt around way way back in the day. We get smarter...

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    welll yeh. Basketball dont turn them gay. Its just that they do more manly things because of their identity

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Wikki???

Well maybe not 40% but at least 30% take it in during showers and massages

I guy I know he say big names getting pounded weekly at private gyms and private trainers.

I know an NFL guy 6-6 , 345 pounds having affair with stick /stock broker that is 5-5, 120. He is the top and the boss.

Many bottoms

Now who cares because everyone different,

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

True that.. LA Sparks games are a lesbo fest out here in LA..

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

I agree. Its not like these guys are going around to the mall and saying it. Hockey players beat the shit out of each other but calling him a name is fine worthy?

What are we offended by today north america?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Gets softer and more pathetic.. Im all for ppl doing whatever the hell they wish with whomever they like long as doesn't effect me (as I wish to do as I please and be left alone). My issue is why should anyone have to change up their pronoun game over it? Makes no sense getting all sensitive over words! So I'm perfectly for gay rights, marriage, all that shit, have at it if it makes you happy! But in return it too much to ask for me to be allowed to call someone a f&g? Which like the n-word is not even used to describe a actually homo in most cases these days but just a douche or someone acting like a well you know a f&&.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

It's tough when your youngest kid sees two men or women kissing in public and then you have to explain why that is.. Kid then gets confused and turns gay just like that ...

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Gets softer and more pathetic.. Im all for ppl doing whatever the hell they wish with whomever they like long as doesn't effect me (as I wish to do as I please and be left alone). My issue is why should anyone have to change up their pronoun game over it? Makes no sense getting all sensitive over words! So I'm perfectly for gay rights, marriage, all that shit, have at it if it makes you happy! But in return it too much to ask for me to be allowed to call someone a f&g? Which like the n-word is not even used to describe a actually homo in most cases these days but just a douche or someone acting like a well you know a f&&.

Agreed with all points.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

fine who cares, let the homosexuals get married but let's not teach the kids that it's OK in school please

are we bad people if we want better lives for them?

like 2Dabank said, there will always be a certain percentage of people that will discriminate against skinrippers regardless
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    It's tough when your youngest kid sees two men or women kissing in public and then you have to explain why that is.. Kid then gets confused and turns gay just like that ...
    Is that what happened? lol

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 203

Society is just plain gay...too many sensitive people out there
    Booya gets it

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    LB, I think SBR started this trend and most major sports leagues just followed it.
    Exactly, sbr is paving the way. If pillar would have called motte a mudshark instead of a faggggott he would have been suspended 5 games instead of two.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    So their respective leagues and teams can still sell advertising. It's all about money. Don't upset the sponsors.
    end of thread right here...you can do and say whatever you want as long as its not hurting the bottom line...pro athletes are no different than any employee of any company when it comes to this...

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I prefer calling people maggots anyway

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

1) pro sports is ENTERTAINMENT and ppl pay big money for front row seats. If a gay person paid $2,000 to sit courtside, and the players are insulting gays all game long, and fans hear it, are fans gonna keep spending 2k/game? no. league doesnt want to chase away top-dollar paying customers. its completely avoidable.

2) leagues make millions/billions of advertising. every large corporation that buys ads has gay employees. if players direct slurs towards those employees that pay fortune for ads, the companies can pull out their ads, losing league tons of $. you dont want an advertising boycot. its way easier to have a clean image, so you can keep making a fortune on ads.

3) bullying is wrong. Kids watch sports, and you don't want athletes sending kids wrong message that bullying gay people is OK. you dont want more teen suicides. kids look up to celebrity athletes and want to be like them. it will cause more bullying, harassment, hate crimes, suicides, etc. you can run a profitable business without doing societal harm to kids. gay people have hard lives, are rejected by their own family and friends, get bullied their whole life making them feel worthless, and they disproportionately commit suicide... gay slurs are kicking someone that's already been kicked their whole life. athletes should not be encouraging bullying. No class.

4) gay slurs are sexual harassment, which is illegal. Athletes make millions, so a sexual harassment lawsuit will lose a fortune of $. League doesnt want to get sued for millions by the gay players. there's gay athletes in every sport. if players sexually harass each other, its a gigantic liability. gay people are a protected class. sexual harassment is illegal. if a gay slur escalates and a gay guy gets hit, its a hate crime. you dont want your employees going to jail or getting sued. the league is liable as well if they condone it, so allowing sexual harassment/hate crimes to occur on the field is a huge financial liability.

5) Bad PR. The media (which covers sports heavily) is 95% liberally biased, so they support gay rights. Media broadcasts the games, for one, and also the press coverage generates lots of hype and sales for league, so you dont want to piss them off and get bad press. that will drive away business exponentially. if you piss off the networks and they cease broadcasting your games, how u gonna make profit?

6) its just wrong. gay people aren't using slurs to sexually harass or insult the sex life of the straight people. why do they deserve it in return? gay ppl have hard lives. theyve been through enough crap. be greatful u have an easier life as a millionaire pro athlete celebrity. leave the gays alone. they aint doing anything to you.

7) league maximizes profit by having the best product. some employees are gay. you dont want gay players getting upset about being bullied and then under performing. it hurts the product. sexual harassment causes friction and tension between employees, which is detrimental to a TEAM sport where collective effort and cooperation is required to succeed.

8) sports is unrelated to sex. they play sports. keep the sex slurs out of it. it's unrelated to your business, provides no benefit, but does tons of harm both internally and externally. losing millions of $ is silly and totally preventable.

9) you dont want to boycotts/protests from gays you offended with your slurs. protests/boycots cause reduction in sales and bad press.

10) people deserve to be treated with respect and dignity at the workplace, regardless of what they do in their private life. the workplace is not a spot for sexual slurs or insults. it causes friction between employees. its disrespectful. people deserve to be treated with more dignity than being called a f****t at their own workplace.

PS i live with my girlfriend. im just against bullying and understand the fines as a businessman. fines are a common sense way to prevent huge financial losses from sexual harassment.
    Last edited by hockey216; 05-21-17 at 04:26 AM.

hockey216

if sexual harassment is normal to you, i suggest you slow it down before your victims start suing you. gay people are a protected class under the law. gay slurs are illegal. Obscenity is NOT protected under 1st amendment free speech.

i wish you knew what it felt like to be bullied your whole life. maybe if that happened, you'd learn to not bully someone that's already been beaten to shit their whole life. pick on someone your own size. bully someone that hasn't had such a hard life, will you?
    Last edited by hockey216; 05-21-17 at 04:29 AM.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    True that.. LA Sparks games are a lesbo fest out here in LA..
    perfect example. high % of WNBA are lesians. when it comes to harassment in the workplace, WNBA players are a protected class in 3 ways (female, black, gay)! it's easy to win lawsuit if you're just 1 protected class, but being a member of 3?! Slam dunk case.

enough of the league is lesbian, so WNBA would be paying millions in sexual harassment lawsuits to every player if they allowed gay slurs. poor business model. if you want to run a successful business, making it easy for every employee to sue you for millions of dollars is a bad idea. you'll be bankrupt by half-time.
    Last edited by hockey216; 05-21-17 at 05:09 AM.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    You have a lot of good points here, but at the end of the day we should probably refrain from using certain words if they're considered hurtful. At the same time, who should be the judge of what words? I personally believe only a phag would be offended by the word f\*g, but who am I to decide whether he should be or not.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I liked when he said it kept him up all night like it just popped outta his mouth. He obviously always says it.

12 Last