Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11198

Cav's and Warrior will both go undefeated into the Finals

The NBA... Where drama Happens.

I think the NBA is setting up an epic matchup with both teams going undefeated going into the Finals. I don't think it's ever been done by 1 team, let alone both teams in opposing conferences. They are setting up a Mike Tyson/ Muhammad Ali gladiator match.

Mac4Lyfe

Spurs may steal one at home but Break out the brooms in Boston.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

except I don't think anybody will care when it gets to the finals. the desire to see player created teams in the finals again isn't exciting.

if Durant didnt go to golden state, maybe there would be some interest.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    except I don't think anybody will care when it gets to the finals. the desire to see player created teams in the finals again isn't exciting.
    I disagree. I think we're going to see some huge ratings. Both teams are huge draws and they have 2 actually 3 of the most beloved and hated players the league has ever seen. Lebron, Curry and Durant are all like Money Mayweather. People tune in hopefully to see them fall on their ass. 1/2 the people hate Lebron, think he's a poser, drama queen. The other half cannot stand Durant leaving OKC like a lil pussy. Then you have a ton of people who hate Curry with his baby face, cheesing, show boating. Huge ratings.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I disagree. I think we're going to see some huge ratings. Both teams are huge draws and they have 2 actually 3 of the most beloved and hated players the league has ever seen. Lebron, Curry and Durant are all like Money Mayweather. People tune in hopefully to see them fall on their ass. 1/2 the people hate Lebron, think he's a poser, drama queen. The other half cannot stand Durant leaving OKC like a lil pussy. Then you have a ton of people who hate Curry with his baby face, cheesing, show boating. Huge ratings.
    maybe. I just feel in that fans have casually lost interest. and a repeat of the last 2 finals won't help. especially if they sweep in.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

In 2001 lakers went undefeated into the finals against Philadelphia. Won that series 4-1.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post

way off base here

this may be the highest rated finals off all time.

people dont like the superteams, but they love to talk about them and watch them.

Elton Jack
    Elton Jack's Avatar Become A Pro!

warriors will go undefeated in playoffs period. zAzA takes out lebron in game 1 on another "unnatural closeout". unanimous playoff MVP

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

These past two finals have been written in stone almost and it does ruin those two teams run to the finals but we're all tuning into the grand finale and as you said it's big time ratings. Finally the year long wait to see GSW v CLE 2 is almost here.... hopefully it's worth it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

not bold pick

Should of said it 1 month ago

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

I don't think the finals matchup is worth enough to make up for the worse playoffs in history. The whole excitement of postseason is the journey of it. Imagine march madness if it was just all blowouts till the championship game. This product is terrible.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2781

I'll certainly tune in to see the GS/Clev matchup but much of the games so far in the playoffs have been blowouts and I'm sure the TV audience has tuned out long before the game is over....

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5748

Surprised how we complain about blowouts in the playoffs but when a favorite fails to cover the spread we say the game is rigged.
    The better teams put in their best. You may not like the outcome but you can't blame a team for playing well.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I don't think the finals matchup is worth enough to make up for the worse playoffs in history. The whole excitement of postseason is the journey of it. Imagine march madness if it was just all blowouts till the championship game. This product is terrible.
    March Madness was mostly blowouts. This year was the worst March Madness ever, including the final game, or should I say the Final free throw contest (62 free throw trips out of like 75 possessions). College is much worst than the NBA.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    not bold pick
    Should of said it 1 month ago
    I definitely didn't see it a month ago when Durant was recovering from a hobbled knee and the Cavs were playing no defense and looked like they didn't give a shit. It's still pretty tough to sweep both Boston and San Antonio especially as good as they both are at home. The Spurs should have won game 1 and I do think they are going to challenge the Warriors in game 3. I'd still say the odds of both teams sweeping is fairly low. I'd make the line +270

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    In 2001 lakers went undefeated into the finals against Philadelphia. Won that series 4-1.
    True, Lakers also swept through the west a year in the 80s then got swept in the finals.

I'm fine with 2 sweeps in the CF and 9 days of hype myself.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cavs will lose 1st

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Cavs will lose 1st
    I disagree. I think the Spurs could get one at home while the Cavs sweep Boston. I think if the Spurs get one, then they will most likely get 2. So either a sweep or 6 games.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I disagree. I think the Spurs could get one at home while the Cavs sweep Boston. I think if the Spurs get one, then they will most likely get 2. So either a sweep or 6 games.
    Mac is the girl in your current avatar the same as the swimming pool girl you had forever?

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

Going to be lots of bitching to the Refs in the Finals by Warriors and Cavs

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    Mac is the girl in your current avatar the same as the swimming pool girl you had forever?
    Different girl...