Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Doc Rivers nails it.

"And, I think we talk about in sports every night, don't underestimate your opponent. And, after defeat, the sun comes back up and you get back to work. In the political process, the way to get back to work is to actually get out and vote, you know, instead of protest. A lot of people didn't vote, and then they wake up the next morning and they're upset.

"And, I think, the one thing this thing taught me again, is how powerful the vote is. It's extremely powerful. Rural America went out and voted. Inner-city America did not. You can make a case that people in inner cities didn't want to vote because there's not been a lot of change for them. And, they're tired of voting. They want some action. So, that's what I saw last night."
    People had a chance to stop Trump by actually voting and didn't do it. No one to blame but them.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

wrong. look at his last paragraph. he is making excuses for them

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    wrong. look at his last paragraph. he is making excuses for them
    I agree with it. If you're in the same boat as you were the last 8 years or more, you're going to get fed up and not care.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I agree with it. If you're in the same boat as you were the last 8 years or more, you're going to get fed up and not care.
    so the side you voted for last 8 years saw no change for you...maybe they weren't actually on your side then

lightbulb.gif

triplecrown333
    triplecrown333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

they didnt vote because there was no ballot for a black man...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nobody can beat trump he's a winner

Blacks love welfare and not improving themselves that's why they love Democrats but they didn't come out and vote

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    so the side you voted for last 8 years saw no change for you...maybe they weren't actually on your side then

lightbulb.gif
    So then what do you do????

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Doc has the right premise, but wrong solution. In defeat an athlete will focus on self improvement. If Doc is looking to inspire a rejected political base he should suggest an emphasis on personal self improvement to effect life's conditions, not continued reliance upon a political party that panders with handouts and failed social engineering ideas to placate groups of minorities while robbing the system blind.

Why can't these NBA guys get involved in these communities more as inspiration than detracting. Very frustrating.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Doc has the right premise, but wrong solution. In defeat an athlete will focus on self improvement. If Doc is looking to inspire a rejected political base he should suggest an emphasis on personal self improvement to effect life's conditions, not continued reliance upon a political party that panders with handouts and failed social engineering ideas to placate groups of minorities while robbing the system blind.
    I agree with what you're saying in a broader sense. I believe welfare is a band aid on a 12 inch stab wound. Doc isn't going that far to break down something that complex. It's more of an immediate, simpler problem that people didn't deal with.

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Nobody can beat trump he's a winner

Blacks love welfare and not improving themselves that's why they love Democrats but they didn't come out and vote
    JJ, let's make a video celebrating Trump's win.

I've never seen you making one video about Trump, but you've talked so highly about him.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

no celebrations

He has to produce now

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Sometimes I wonder if people don't vote so they can bitch more. If they spent a fraction of the time finding a way to vote as they do bitching & complaining then they wouldn't have as much to bitch about