Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Demar DeRozan has EARLY scoring lead by a yuuge 3 pts. Still 14-1 for scoring champ?

Demar DeRozan is up over Westbrook by 3 points. His game is improved. Could be a breakout year? Anyway... 888Sport has him at 14-1 for the scoring title. At first I thought it was a bad line but they have James Harden updated for Assist Leader at Odds of -200.

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Derozen put on a bit of much needed muscle in the off season, has really helped his drive game. He gets to the basket more often now, always had a good mid range game.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'm definitely surprised.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It is why Toronto will not win and he can win title

Ball hog...cannot win with wild guards

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

What I like about this bet besides the outdated price is that all of his games so far were played the same way. A lot of times when an unexpected guy is winning or a guy is way out ahead its because he had an insane game where he scored 60 and the coach left him in until the mid 4th in a blowout to get a big total. Unless he is Kobe, its not something a bettor should expect to happen every 8 games.
    Also, the Raptors are not too good to where DDR is going to be sitting a lot of 4th quarters. In my mind its between him, Harden and Westbrook. Harden seems like he wants to lead the league in assists.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5724

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    What I like about this bet besides the outdated price is that all of his games so far were played the same way. A lot of times when an unexpected guy is winning or a guy is way out ahead its because he had an insane game where he scored 60 and the coach left him in until the mid 4th in a blowout to get a big total. Unless he is Kobe, its not something a bettor should expect to happen every 8 games.
    Also, the Raptors are not too good to where DDR is going to be sitting a lot of 4th quarters. In my mind its between him, Harden and Westbrook. Harden seems like he wants to lead the league in assists.
    Great insight!
    I can definitely see him play more minutes per game than Durant, Curry, Thompson, and James.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Derozan is shooting at an unprecedented clip so far this year. His eFG% is 80 points higher than his career. It is bound to regress towards the mean at some point I think he is just starting out the season hot. He's still taking a lot of low percentage shots. He is making them but it would seem unlikely that he would continue to shoot so well. He had that 7/20 game against Sacramento and he had 17/27 game against Detroit in the opener. I think the real Derozan lies somewhere between these two games.

I don't think he wins it, honestly, but at +1400 it's worth a poke.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

good topic....... i would ask on huge raptors fan website but i generally don't have a ton of respect for the posters there. much better answers here.

it definitely helps that durant/curry won't win now. and i think lebron not for all kinds of reasons.

i would say westbrook is probably #1 alternative.

one thing to keep somewhat in mind is JV has been out some for toronto, although DD was getting big points when JV was playing.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Agree on the FG% but he is shooting 17% in 3s. But yea, 10% of the season is gone by and he will probably be overtaken by Russ or Harden but the odds of that happening of course are much lower than in this prop.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16186

I haven't seen anything from him that I haven't seen before. Players run hot & cold. A couple weeks from now it might be Lowry scorching the Earth.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Agree on the FG% but he is shooting 17% in 3s. But yea, 10% of the season is gone by and he will probably be overtaken by Russ or Harden but the odds of that happening of course are much lower than in this prop.
    He's actually taking fewer threes than last year, slightly. It's never been a huge part of his game. I say this because I watch a ton of Raptors games, living in Toronto. His game is mid range, drives, mostly coming in iso situations. He's getting to the line alot and shooting at a high clip there but that is nothing new.

He's just making shots that he wasn't last year but a lot of them are "bad" shots. It seems very unlikely that he will continue to make so many contested mid-range jumpers.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Hamburger

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    He's actually taking fewer threes than last year, slightly. It's never been a huge part of his game. I say this because I watch a ton of Raptors games, living in Toronto. His game is mid range, drives, mostly coming in iso situations. He's getting to the line alot and shooting at a high clip there but that is nothing new.

He's just making shots that he wasn't last year but a lot of them are "bad" shots. It seems very unlikely that he will continue to make so many contested mid-range jumpers.
    agree 1000%. i watch every raptors game.............. good at 14-1 though, i think we all agree

cwnotorious

A guy who is ahead because of an insane game - Anthony Davis

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6231

Get the same odds with a decent bookmaker, those guys are dodgy

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1300

becareful he has been playing very well. Making all of his mid and close range shots he will average out i believe 14-1 is more then fair odds for him to win.

I would probably bet him at 25-1 not enough value at 14 imo

1017BrickSquad
    1017BrickSquad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4273

Would rather take lillard. He's on a mission this year

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1760

Westbrook won't be stopped

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I'd put $25 on it for the hell of it.

Too early in the season to place a bet on any of these unless you're getting great odds like the +1400. Harden I think easily wins the assist title, the offense will always run through him. -200 is not worth waiting 7 months for a payout though.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post

Can't disagree. But if you had to talk yourself into it at 14-1 and ask what is different... He is stronger. That is a big part of getting to the stripe. And then there is USA basketball... How many players come back from those summers and decide they need to be doin what the top guys are doing? It's like superstar bootcamp.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by cwnotorious View Post
    A guy who is ahead because of an insane game - Anthony Davis
    For sure. This is a guy I would like to bet NOT to be be in top 5. Teams figure him out as the season goes on and he breaks down from the double teams and pressure. There is no one to spread the floor and take the pressure off him. I love AD's game but look at this roster. http://www.nba.com/pelicans/roster/ Could these guys - minus Davis and Holiday - win the D league?

cwnotorious

For sure. This is a guy I would like to bet NOT to be be in top 5. Teams figure him out as the season goes on and he breaks down from the double teams and pressure. There is no one to spread the floor and take the pressure off him. I love AD's game but look at this roster. http://www.nba.com/pelicans/roster/ Could these guys - minus Davis and Holiday - win the D league?
    That roster is brutes! Really speaks to the disparity in the league right now, is Nwo still majority owned by the nba?