Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by fieryking View Post
    You think his family gives AF about the money? Holy crap some ppl just don't get it. RIP
    They really don't. People are messed up.

fieryking
    fieryking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    What the hell, man. Always so negative. Three people just died. It's difficult to see a jetty at night. No drugs, or alcohol were involved it looks like.

Jose loved the game, life, and his family. His story is amazing. Now he will have a daughter who never gets to meet her father. He was beloved by his teammates, coaches, opponents, fans, family, and friends. Plus, an absolute superstar, but that's the least of it in the grand scheme. Shit sucks, and you're thinking of the millions he could have had. You've always been a bitter old man, with hate in your heart.

Rest in Peace Jose. Praying for your family, and friends. Especially your girlfriend, and soon to be daughter. At least someday, she will see how talented, and beloved her father was. I'd trade my damn life to have such a great person back.

RIP to him, and Arnold.
    Well said

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6231

The last game he pitched was a amazing effort

funmakers
    funmakers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

gone to soon . RIP Jose . God got his ACE .

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/ml...104073926.html

so sad. Had a preganant girlfriend. Accident happened at the end of the jetty.

pretty sure he's at league minimum for his contract because Boras was haggling for Kershaw money. Sick

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20382

So sad. He was one of my favorite pitchers to watch. RIP Jose Fernandez.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

This could make for a 30 for 30 show in the making ...
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    This could make for a 30 for 30 show in the making ...
    lol I was thinking the same. 30 for 30 documentaries can be very educational.

+ expected value.

Last edited by Thrilla; 09-26-16 at 06:30 PM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Is Fernandez the best pro athlete to ever die in the prime of their career? He has to be right?

Dražen Petrović

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

You think his family gives AF about the money? Holy crap some ppl just don't get it. RIP
    My post wasn't about what the family thought about money, it was a response to an earlier question regarding his contract and if it gets paid or not. And say what you will, but you go from not having to work for the rest of your life to having to find a job and people are going to care. That's the reality of it, not your romanticized bullshit.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1454

You can tell that guy was loved just look at his teammates faces. Not saying they wouldn't be sad if another teammate passed. But this hit hard cause of the kind of guy he was u can see the pain

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I remember that.. Tragic too... I remember when when Boston Celtic Reggie Lewis died on court.. Remember when Lynn Bias died and they were projecting him to be as good as Jordan... Hank Gathers another one that died on the court..

Been alot of tragic deaths in pro sports over the years.. I'm sure we'll see more happen in the future..

A bunch more I didn't mention.. http://www.thesportster.com/entertai...g-their-prime/
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6231

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oat-crash.html

I'd be surprised if the toxicology reports come back clean.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Pelle Lindberg died Philly flyers goalie...some thought he would be better then Bernie parent

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Seems like boating at night very dangerous

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Reports now that Jose was stressed about something and wanted to go on the water to blow off steam. Sad, it was probably something small, but ultimately cost him his life. One of the others killed sent a text that night saying "trust me, it's not my time", after saying he was hesitant to go out, but wanted to keep Jose close to shore. I wonder if he said it's not his time after the other person expressed concern about going on the water that late.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Was spotted at a bar at 2am...something wasn't right, friends were texting him worried. He gets in an accident and kills two other people. My money is on this being more of an Oscar Tavares situation. Teams should wait before paying tribute. Was it sad he died? Yes. Everyone is going to look bad if Fernandez was drunk and killed two other people. No need to be out there at 3am the night before you are supposed to pitch. Whole thing is very odd.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: alling

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

What about the 2 other people that died?.. Some could blame that on Fernandez himself.. His boat and he was probably driving it...

Everyone is sad and talking about his Jose's death when he could very well be responsible for killing his 2 friends.. Just saying.....
    Points Awarded:

TheLangster gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

I'm not sure who owned or drove, but there is an article on Yahoo that I saw earlier about the night. Jose and 1 guy took the boat to the bar to pick up another guy. When they left there, the accident happened. The one guys buddy was pleading with him to not go on the water so late. The guy told him he lost a friend a couple weeks ago and didn't want to lose another. He was so worried that he tracked his iPhone to make sure it didn't stop in the water. He fell asleep before the accident. From what the friend said, it doesn't sound like they were at the bar very long.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Was spotted at a bar at 2am...something wasn't right, friends were texting him worried. He gets in an accident and kills two other people. My money is on this being more of an Oscar Tavares situation. Teams should wait before paying tribute. Was it sad he died? Yes. Everyone is going to look bad if Fernandez was drunk and killed two other people. No need to be out there at 3am the night before you are supposed to pitch. Whole thing is very odd.
    Why all the sherlock holmes shit? A guy with much more talent and worth a lot more than you and me died. They chose to be on the boat. A tragedy no matter how you slice it.

Funny how people speculate and prod about shit that has nothing to do with them, as if We never make mistakes. Kid was 24

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

What about the 2 other people that died?.. Some could blame that on Fernandez himself.. His boat and he was probably driving it...

Everyone is sad and talking about his Jose's death when he could very well be responsible for killing his 2 friends.. Just saying.....
    It wasn't his boat. And they said he wasn't driving.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13194

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Why all the sherlock holmes shit? A guy with much more talent and worth a lot more than you and me died. They chose to be on the boat. A tragedy no matter how you slice it.

Funny how people speculate and prod about shit that has nothing to do with them, as if We never make mistakes. Kid was 24
    [quote=MickeyMan;26311562]

It wasn't his boat. And they said he wasn't driving.[/quote]
    I fail to understand why some people feel the need to "trample on a man's grave........"

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11174

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    It wasn't his boat. And they said he wasn't driving.
    This.. and even if it was his boat or he was driving, so what. It was an accident. They weren'ton some suicide pact. Good grief.
    Points Awarded:

44 Mag gave Mac4Lyfe 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6513

Yea I've read that the boat was in fact Jose's. And the name of the boat is "Kaught looking" (with a backwards K)

Terrible accident. RIP

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I read it was his speed boat and he was driving... Proof fellas^^^ Link please..

I consider Jose Fernandez a possible "murderer" and I really feel bad for the other 2 friends that died and their families..

Should file a civil law suit perhaps when all the REAL facts eventually come out. (toxology report) The friends were probably just following the rich baseball players direction on that fatal evening... Sounds like Jose had some issues and was venting that night, probably pushed it hit the throttle and then the rocks..

Everyone puts sports figures in such a high light above all others.. We all are just people trying to live out our lives without dying.. Jose had a blessed arm and can throw the rock, outside of that he's just a young person that is not alot different then you and me probably...

The reason I say this -

There was a kid in high school that was driving 3 friends home from a party drunk, he was showing off and tried to speed through a yellow that turned red to early.. Another SUV pulled out on the green and struck the car sending it 60 mph into a big Oak tree right by where I grew up.. All 4 high schoolers died that night.. I heard the crash bang and was at the scene before police and medics got there.. I saw all four of the teens close up dead in the car and it looked like they were all peacefully asleep, seat belts on too.. I checked for signs of life and there were none..

I blame the driver for killing those 3 others and so does their families... That tragic event still lives with me today as I knew the family of one of those teens that died.... I still can't get that image out of my head even 20 years later..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-27-16 at 04:39 PM.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

I read it was his speed boat and he was driving... Proof fellas^^^ Link please..

I consider Jose Fernandez a possible "murderer"
    and I really feel bad for the other 2 friends that died and their families..

Should file a civil law suit perhaps when all the REAL facts eventually come out. (toxology report) The friends were probably just following the rich baseball players direction on that fatal evening... Sounds like Jose had some issues and was venting that night, probably pushed it hit the throttle and then the rocks..

Everyone puts sports figures in such a high light above all others.. We all are just people trying to live out our lives without dying.. Jose had a blessed arm and can throw the rock, outside of that he's just a young person that is not alot different then you and me probably...

The reason I say this -

There was a kid in high school that was driving 3 friends home from a party drunk, he was showing off and tried to speed through a yellow that turned red to early.. Another SUV pulled out on the green and struck the car sending it 60 mph into a big Oak tree right by where I grew up.. All 4 high schoolers died that night.. I heard the crash bang and was at the scene before police and medics got there.. I saw all four of teens close up dead in the car it looked like they were all peacefully asleep, seat belts on too...

I blame the driver for killing those 3 others and so does their families... That tragic event still lives with me today and I knew the family of one of those teens that died.... I still can't get that vision out of my head even 20 years later..
    Now you are just over the edge!!!! What the hell is wrong with you???? Where is there indication of that, or anything else other than an accident???? Man, talk about trampling a man's grave???? Wow. You better go back to your MMA, that must be where you get these "conspiracy theories"......... Good Heavens.....

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    Yea I've read that the boat was in fact Jose's. And the name of the boat is "Kaught looking" (with a backwards K)

Terrible accident. RIP
    Yeah I see that now, I had only seen reports that it wasn't so far.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Now you are just over the edge!!!! What the hell is wrong with you???? Where is there indication of that, or anything else other than an accident???? Man, talk about trampling a man's grave???? Wow. You better go back to your MMA, that must be where you get these "conspiracy theories"......... Good Heavens.....
    Well 44 Mag if Fernandez was in fact driving the boat, talked his 2 friends into coming on the boat with him and he was drunk and being wreckless then who should be to blame? Still no one?

You see things your way, I see them different.. Still need to know all the final facts though.. Perhaps I am jumping the gun... Still, remember 2 other people died and not just Jose Fer...

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

RIP Jose

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Well 44 Mag if Fernandez was in fact driving the boat, talked his 2 friends into coming on the boat with him and he was drunk and being wreckless then who should be to blame? Still no one?

You see things your way, I see them different.. Still need to know all the final facts though.. Perhaps I am jumping the gun... Still, remember 2 other people died and not just Jose Fer...
    I agree there. And they were all young men, but old enough to make their own decisions. Right now, you are taking a tragic accident and trying to turn it into a Soap Opera, or Oprah moment. I am well aware two other fella's died, and since Sunday when the story broke, their families had to post "go fund me" accounts, I really hoped the Miami team would just pick up the cost of all the funerals. I know if I was a wealthy owner, I would.
    Points Awarded:

Conqueror gave 44 Mag 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TTA_President gave 44 Mag 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheLangster
    TheLangster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1675

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    I agree there. And they were all young men, but old enough to make their own decisions. Right now, you are taking a tragic accident and trying to turn it into a Soap Opera, or Oprah moment. I am well aware two other fella's died, and since Sunday when the story broke, their families had to post "go fund me" accounts, I really hoped the Miami team would just pick up the cost of all the funerals. I know if I was a wealthy owner, I would.

if he was speeding and being reckless was that also their choice?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheLangster View Post
    if he was speeding and being reckless was that also their choice?
    Yep, how many times have we all been in a car telling the driver to slow down because he was drunk or high and speeding and it was becoming dangerous? I know I have a few times growing up and if that person would have crashed and killed me I'd hunt him down in hell and whooop his ass..

All indicators say - Jose was the ring leader, his boat, his idea, he was driving, he was drunk, dealing with personal issues, acting wreckless.. He was speeding near rocks and hit them killing himself and 2 others.. That's all I'm saying.. Not making this into a soap opera..

If my hunches are correct which they usually are then shame on Jose Fernandez for killing his two friends as I'm sure they'd love to be alive right now...

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Yep, how many times have we all been in a car telling the driver to slow down because he was drunk or high and speeding and it was becoming dangerous? I know I have a few times growing up and if that person would have crashed and killed me I'd hunt him down in hell and whooop his ass..

All indicators say - Jose was the ring leader, his boat, his idea, he was driving, he was drunk, dealing with personal issues, acting wreckless.. He was speeding near rocks and hit them killing himself and 2 others.. That's all I'm saying.. Not making this into a soap opera..

If my hunches are correct which they usually are then shame on Jose Fernandez for killing his two friends as I'm sure they'd love to be alive right now...
    Go f u c k your mothers ass with your brothers c o c k !

First ... 23456 Last