will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

American League With a Dominant Starting Lineup +102 at Pinnacle

When you have Jose Altuve (most underrated player in baseball) and the best player in baseball in Mike Trout as your number 1 and 2 hitters, you're dominant.

Johnny Cueto was a weak pitcher as a Royal and has been a hall of famer in the National League. This is why the NL are the favorites (and the Cubs expected to win the World Series (Bryant and Rizzo). The Amercian League has a better bullpen, but that starting lineup is one of the best ever. They face
    Ozuna and not Stanton. Mookie Betts has been dominant this season and hitting 6th due to the log jam!!! Betts is much better than Zobrist (leadoff NL hitter). Even Will Myers isn't established and Bryce Harper is having a poor season. Also, Cargo is a product of Coors Field.

I know that anything can happen in a game like this, but on paper, the AL should destroy the NL

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

whoever has better pitchers wins

Been that way last 100 years in baseball

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    whoever has better pitchers wins

Been that way last 100 years in baseball
    If that's the case, Cueto had a shit year with Royals (he's a National League stud) and Betances and relievers favor AL

Manny0825
    Manny0825's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Chris sale hasn't been as great as we expected he would be so far. Cueto has been better. The AL definitely has an edge in my opinion. I would just be nervous with how sale pitches.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13194

[QUOTE=Manny0825;25995858]Chris sale hasn't been as great as we expected he would be so far. Cueto has been better. The AL definitely has an edge in my opinion. I would just be nervous with how sale pitches.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't really matter, nobody goes more than inning or 2, got to get everybody in the show. LOL.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

hard to hit in these games

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Sale sometimes looks like Cy Young and other times, will give up a 6 run inning. He's still great and the National League doesn't see him much. Also, starting pitchers are only in there for a portion of the game.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Also, Cubbies have been cold as of late and this is virtually a Boston vs. Chicago Cubs game where the starting lineups are concerned (just making a reference to my man thinking about Big Papi +500 to hit a hr in his last all-star game)

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14416

I was surprised at the line as well. I have it maybe AL -130. I guess playing in a NL park and then a home team came into play.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Rite. And at petco u7.5 worth a shot at even $

mohye1980
    mohye1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4790

American League lineup is so much better than the national league. Thanks cubs fans. Pitching a wash with bum and kersh out. Slight edge to al. Tt 3.5 seems low as well for al.

vividjohn45

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    I was surprised at the line as well. I have it maybe AL -130. I guess playing in a NL park and then a home team came into play.
    Then AL ml at even $ is a ez play for you. Even load up a bit as you are getting 30 cents value to what you see the line should be.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    When you have Jose Altuve (most underrated player in baseball) and the best player in baseball in Mike Trout as your number 1 and 2 hitters, you're dominant.

Johnny Cueto was a weak pitcher as a Royal and has been a hall of famer in the National League. This is why the NL are the favorites (and the Cubs expected to win the World Series (Bryant and Rizzo). The Amercian League has a better bullpen, but that starting lineup is one of the best ever. They face
    Ozuna and not Stanton. Mookie Betts has been dominant this season and hitting 6th due to the log jam!!! Betts is much better than Zobrist (leadoff NL hitter). Even Will Myers isn't established and Bryce Harper is having a poor season. Also, Cargo is a product of Coors Field.

I know that anything can happen in a game like this, but on paper, the AL should destroy the NL
    This.

FlyinAir
    SDQL
    FlyinAir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Under 1st 5

vegaschulo
    vegaschulo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2689

I'm also on AL to win..and leanin on the over

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

AL plays as the home team in this game

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Also, Cubbies have been cold as of late and this is virtually a Boston vs. Chicago Cubs game where the starting lineups are concerned (just making a reference to my man thinking about Big Papi +500 to hit a hr in his last all-star game)
    Is there a line for just Big Papi gets a hit? Or is the only line for he hits a HR?

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    AL plays as the home team in this game
    Oh that's right my bad. I did see that earlier even though it's in an NL park.

habitualwinning

So what edge does the NL have then that they opened as fav? I see the AL as being superior on paper. Also Jose Fernandez said that he's going to groove Big Papi three meatballs right down the middle so he can go long. The f'n quote is on ESPN right now. Wtf?

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    Is there a line for just Big Papi gets a hit? Or is the only line for he hits a HR?
    I mean, I haven't looked, but if you want a line, Bovada usually has it and the main focus is Big Papi doing what he does best and that's crushing the baseball out of the park. Not to mention, he's dominating in his Farewell Tour. Roids or no roids, one of the most clutch hitters that I've seen in my time of watching baseball. Somewhat of a big George Brett or Molitor. Always delivers. Never disappoints. This is his chance.

Bostongambler

I'm going with the American League. Heck it's not the 70's when the AL couldn't win.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

So what edge does the NL have then that they opened as fav? I see the AL as being superior on paper. Also Jose Fernandez said that he's going to groove Big Papi three meatballs right down the middle so he can go long. The f'n quote is on ESPN right now. Wtf?
    If I was his NL teammate and he did that, I'd deck him. All-Sta game or not. Lame.

habitualwinning

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    If I was his NL teammate and he did that, I'd deck him. All-Sta game or not. Lame.
    I would too. To be perfectly honest I'm not betting on this game after seeing that quote on ESPN. I'll watch as a fan but I'm not screwing around and potentially losing money cause these guys are being nice to their friend or whatever. FWIW, I think Wainwright grooved Jeter a pitch in his last ASG too. He said something similar to what Fernandez said at the press conference and then IIRC Jeter got a double and the AL scored in the 1st inning. Games like this should probably be off the board if everyone was being real about what's going on. Maybe that guy who posted Papi hit a HR for +500 knows what's up?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

NL has the advantage. Cubs stars will be playing for WS home field advantage.

Nostradamus said the offspring of bears will win a trophy the last year of Hussein's reign.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Are you fuckin kidding me?

habitualwinning

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Are you fuckin kidding me?
    No man. I took a screenshot and tryed to upload it but it's too big for the parameters of this forum and I can't edit it any smaller or nobody can read it. It might still be up on ESPN, the quote, idk.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

I said Cueto is a National League pitcher. I say it all of the time. AL off to nice 3-1 lead, but lot's of game to go. Bryant spits the bit in a big spot-yeah

jay89
    jay89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 409

Sal caught Cueto in KC. Hosmer played in KC as well. These guys had a beat on Cueto tonight lol

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6231

Humiliation this for the national league

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6231

The mascot having a good time with katie nolan

vividjohn45

Good point jj.

vividjohn45

Quote Originally Posted by vividjohn45 View Post
    Rite. And at petco u7.5 worth a shot at even $
    Looks good as a winner.

vividjohn45

I'm going with the American League. Heck it's not the 70's when the AL couldn't win.
    Looks good. Thread was about winners.
    Points Awarded:

will2survive gave vividjohn45 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by vividjohn45 View Post
    Looks good. Thread was about winners.
    Yes Sir!

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Why was the American League the home team?

12 Last