l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

superman vs batman

so the movie kinda sucked
    but not ben afflecks fault
    i thought he was good and liked how he played a dark batman.

batman kicks supermans ass. so that was good too.

the story sucked. they should have hired a diff director or something

very long and decent but not a great movie.

was excited and now a lil disappointed.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7894

I really liked it. Its not some spectacular movie but it's good! I can understand the reasoning for not liking it but I can't believe it was so universally panned. 30% on rotten tomatoes! Definitely not accurate, and if you want to see I don't think you should let the critics dissuade you

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

you one of them dudes who goes to Marvel and DC films expecting Oscar worthy plots and dialogue and then complains there was too much action or too LITTLE comedy

it's not a comedy movie and it's not intended to win Oscar awards

I bet this movie does a heck of a job setting up the groundwork for future DC universe movies while having to deal with a lot and still not taking away entirely from it being a Man of Steel "sequel"

or one of them dudes who complains that they don't like this version of Batman or Superman or whoever because of whatever...

then watch it once and never watch it again. problem solved

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

I dunno i loved the christopher nolan batman movies maybe they just raised the bar for me. I thought most of the x men were pretty good i liked avengers. This story didn't flow right to me.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by l7ustin View Post
    I dunno i loved the christopher nolan batman movies maybe they just raised the bar for me. I thought most of the x men were pretty good i liked avengers. This story didn't flow right to me.
    why? lots of people said that Man of Steel didn't "flow" right to them... to me, I liked how it would go from one scene in the present to a scene in his childhood... then back... and not all at once to start the movie.

wait till the R-Rated cut of Batman vs Superman comes out... probably 3 hours long. Might flow better for you. They didn't want to have a 3 hour movie... and had to make cuts to keep it PG-13 when it came to certain parts of the movie.

texhooper

it does suffer from being a little bloated and over ambitious, but i don't mind that it's dark, depressing and serious. as a matter of fact that's what i like about it. as i read through the reviews on rotten tomatoes, that seems to be a recurring theme with the negative reviews. "too dark, depressing" etc. everyone has gotten to where they want comic book movies to be 2 hour laugh-it-up thrill rides, which marvel has been very successful with, but there's not one marvel movie i've seen where afterwards i thought "yeah i'd like to see that again."

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    why? lots of people said that Man of Steel didn't "flow" right to them... to me, I liked how it would go from one scene in the present to a scene in his childhood... then back... and not all at once to start the movie.

wait till the R-Rated cut of Batman vs Superman comes out... probably 3 hours long. Might flow better for you. They didn't want to have a 3 hour movie... and had to make cuts to keep it PG-13 when it came to certain parts of the movie.
    the Nolan Batman movies are not even comparable to Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman and the future movies. different ball game. I liked Batman Begins and TDK... TDKR was ok. Things I liked, things I didn't like... so be it. It's a good trilogy to own.

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post

oh really, that's cool.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    it does suffer from being a little bloated and over ambitious, but i don't mind that it's dark, depressing and serious. as a matter of fact that's what i like about it. as i read through the reviews on rotten tomatoes, that seems to be a recurring theme with the negative reviews. "too dark, depressing" etc. everyone has gotten to where they want comic book movies to be 2 hour laugh-it-up thrill rides, which marvel has been very successful with, but there's not one marvel movie i've seen where afterwards i thought "yeah i'd like to see that again."
    Yeah, kind of the same for me. I don't mind the dark themed movies. I also watch the Marvel movies. Outside of Iron Man (1) and Avengers (1) I don't really re-watch the Marvel movies... or haven't done so.

I don't mind the comedy at times... but sometimes it gets to be too much like in Iron Man 3.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    oh really, that's cool.
    yep, it's planned. look it up. I think the success of Deadpool confirmed they would go ahead with it later in the year I am assuming.

texhooper

Yeah I need to see deadpool. The previews for that one made it look god awful but apparently it's a little slice of alright