unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 155

ND (-1.5) Will Down SFA

Biggest play of the tourney for me thus far. I like the matchup for ND in this one.

SFA is great at turning teams over as we all witnessed against WV, beating the Mountaineers at their own game. They looked sharp in their first round game but this is a different team they will face this time around. Something has to give as ND is one of the best in the country at taking care of the basketball and is very efficient on offense. ND has good ball handlers so I don't see SFA getting the points off turnovers like against WV.

The other major difference is ND is a far superior shooting team than WV, obviously, and I see the full court pressure ending up giving the Irish sharp shooters open 3 looks once they break the press. ND also has a similar personnel so they should do a better job guarding Walkup.

Considering the fact that SFA had not defeated 1 team that made the tournament field prior to the WV upset and their long win streak was against probably the easiest schedule of any team in the field. ND will be the best all around team SFA faces this year. I don't think we see another upset here, Walkup has another good game but comes up short IMO.

GL

Other 2 regular plays:

Iowa +7
    Florida +1

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Good luck.. I'm on SFA ML and Nova -7 (amongst others)

Definitely more on Nova -7 though. Iowa hasn't been playing well at all and took OT to beat one of the worst at large teams in the tournament.. Nova usually chokes, but I think they're tired of hearing about it and they have to make it out of the 1st weekend eventually, right? Wildcats crush the Hawkeyes.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    Good luck.. I'm on SFA ML and Nova -7 (amongst others)

Definitely more on Nova -7 though. Iowa hasn't been playing well at all and took OT to beat one of the worst at large teams in the tournament.. Nova usually chokes, but I think they're tired of hearing about it and they have to make it out of the 1st weekend eventually, right? Wildcats crush the Hawkeyes.
    Ya, both Nova and Iowa don't have the best track records but I think Iowa matches up well with Nova but it all comes down to making shots. GL to you as well, one of us will be a winner

unde0087
    Did we win?

Astro, good work in the cbb contests so far, I am coming for you

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

WV defense is light years ahead of Notre dame. Notre dame played a weak defensive michigan team that fell apart and let them climb back in. I guess I don't see what you see here, I'm on the opposite side. I think sfa is going to get everything they want scoring wise and Notre dame is going to struggle against their d

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    WV defense is light years ahead of Notre dame. Notre dame played a weak defensive michigan team that fell apart and let them climb back in. I guess I don't see what you see here, I'm on the opposite side. I think sfa is going to get everything they want scoring wise and Notre dame is going to struggle against their d
    Really? How is SFA gonna get everything they want scoring?

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

I inititally thought ND but... this is my post in a subforum thread, please feel free to respond to it in this thread...

"Dommer, I was initially thinking ND over SFA..... but looking around, it seems like ND always shits their pants after a win. Big blue was weak this year, got lucky in making it to the tourney with the win vs IU....

And I never look at this, but in looking around I see that the "odds shark computer" has SFA smashing ND like 83 to 55... really? I am about to go against my initial thought and load up on SFA.... do I need to be talked off the ledge here? Can somebody talk some sense to me?"

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9474

I like ND, but it seems like the line is too low. Only a 1.5 favorite? I don't trust ND or Bray in these games, but they did have a good run last year and showed some toughness coming back from the big hole early against Michigan. But pass on this one for me.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This game is on most sheets

ND

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

ND should be -6.5

Take the gift of -1.5 or -1

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Oklahoma State are going after Underwood for their coaching job the second they leave the tournament

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    ND should be -6.5

Take the gift of -1.5 or -1
    Ya, ND isn't getting any respect.

OckertCR
    OckertCR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

SFA ml is one of the easiest tournament plays you will ever see

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    SFA makes its living turning people over, ND doesn't turn the ball over. Pretty self explanatory, a pressing team that can't turn the game into a frantic mess is in trouble. WV was a perfect storm for SFA, a team that doesn't like to be pressed and can't shoot the ball. Well SFA is playing the exact opposite of that.

grease lightnin
    &

I took sfa ml 1x

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    SFA makes its living turning people over, ND doesn't turn the ball over. Pretty self explanatory, a pressing team that can't turn the game into a frantic mess is in trouble. WV was a perfect storm for SFA, a team that doesn't like to be pressed and can't shoot the ball. Well SFA is playing the exact opposite of that.
    Very well said. Exact opposite matchup. SFA won a grind it out game, pressing a team that doesn't like to be pressed. Now SFA has to play a track meet and 3pt shooting contest. Can't see the Lumberjacks keeping up in this one.

grease lightnin
    &

Guys, this is the type of analysis I was looking for BEFORE i made my bet.

I am now hoping ND's inconsistency shines in this game.

grease lightnin
    &

Aaaand it is now a PK

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

SFA should have been more of a 12 seed.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Very well said. Exact opposite matchup. SFA won a grind it out game, pressing a team that doesn't like to be pressed. Now SFA has to play a track meet and 3pt shooting contest. Can't see the Lumberjacks keeping up in this one.
    Also, just look at the Lumberjack schedule after the upset of WV, SFA has 1 win, 1 fukin win against the top 80 RPI team. 99.9% of their wins, on this epic run that CBS wants to glorify, came against teams no one has ever heard of. The power 5 teams they did play, which are only a handful, they got worked. Yet, because they beat WV, who is definitely the worst shooting team in the tournament, now all their stats are glorified as if they did all this playing in the Big 12 or ACC. There defensive and offensive stats came against weak ass competition. I am not saying they can't win but people getting way too carried away with 1 win. There is a reason no one was talking about SFA before the WV game because they hadn't done anything prior to that game worth even mentioning

KSmooth4U
    KSmooth4U's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2137

SFA -1 now!!!

grease lightnin
    &

Looks like somebody agrees with me

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Looks like somebody agrees with me
    GL to you grease, I respectfully disagree with you on this one

newbie64
    newbie64's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4605

ND advance only twice in sweet sixteen in 10 try. Do they have the team this year to do it and that 's my question

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by newbie64 View Post
    ND advance only twice in sweet sixteen in 10 try. Do they have the team this year to do it and that 's my question
    How many appearances does SFA have in the sweet 16? ND turns the ball over 3 times less per game than SFA (which is SFA whole game), shoots the 3 better, and has the advantage on the boards. If that isn't a good recipe for beating a pressure team I don't know what is.

newbie64
    newbie64's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4605

Thank for answering my question ND it is

jtoler

How many appearances does SFA have in the sweet 16? ND turns the ball over 3 times less per game than SFA (which is SFA whole game), shoots the 3 better, and has the advantage on the boards. If that isn't a good recipe for beating a pressure team I don't know what is.
    But ND doesnt force turnovers. Iowa doesnt turn it over much either not stopping them from coughing the ball up today though. Nd doesnt trap just a lazy zone if they trapped some Dame would win no problem Ive seen SFA against a trapping zone twice although a 1-3-1 and they looked horrible to me thats what makes this game a little iffy. Over time SFA should see how to score some, if you watched the Duke games youd think Coach K is an amateur, Duke better talent but really didnt run plays to break the zone just a little dribble penetration to crash it some then launching 3's. ND has to make 3's. For now just a small bet on ND would be bigger if they trapped.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

They turned the ball over 16 times against Michigan. I'm an ND homer, and even I am staying the hell away from this one.

ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Quote Originally Posted by KSmooth4U View Post
    SFA -1 now!!!
    crazy this line is all over the place. My local had it at a pick earlier today, and now its SFA +1.5

Bovada has SFA +2. SCoresandodds.com has SFA -1

jtoler

Its an iffy game, I like the way SFA run their offense but they utilize it well vs. man to man. Alot of it is set up to get 3 pt shooters open, but if you stay at home in a 2-3 that becomes a problem for them, they are gonna have to do some different stuff today. Still over the course of the game they should be able to score some against ND.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 191

Huge trap here

Sfa is legit

Thomas walk up is the truth

They win here and maybe again

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Smart money pounding Notre Dame right now. SFA backers heading for the hills.

MadeInDetroit
    MadeInDetroit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2052

Bodog has ND -2.5... I got them at -1

jtoler

Still havent placed my bet, gonna wait till after the first 5 minutes to see some stuff first.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2117

1234 Last