louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Log-in to ESPN using Chrome

Has anyone else been able to log on to ESPN using Chrome for like the past week. Seems like since the McDonald's promo banner went away and it has been rotating daily with various new ads, I can't log on.
    Across the navigation bar towards top screen, far right, used have Watch Listen Fantasy, some little grid icon, the search icon, then Log-In. It's gone, plus on home screen left hand side it clearly shows Sign-up or Log-In, click Log-In and nothing, normally the box pops up where you can sign in wit screen name n pw, or wit FB. I tried circumventing around the problem by using the drop down menu under Fantasy then select streak for cash, it used have box at top to enter screen name & pw , but no go. Go to the help section, it asks you to sign-in to be able to help or submit a question. Well can't do that.
    It's just weird how its always worked and now it don't. If I use Chrome on my nexus tab or my Asus Chromebook I can't log in. But if I use Firefox it works, or if I use my old laptop or desktop with IE or Firefox it works. If I try use Chrome on my desktop, same thing, can't Log-In.
    I have a windows phone, plus stay logged on so it works with it.
    At work, I've tried on numerous different Mac desktops, Chrome or safari don't work, but if you find one that has Firefox installed, it works. Same goes for the HP or Sell laptops at work, IE n Firefox work, but not Chrome.
    I've checked the browser settings, it just seems like Chrome doesn't work with ESPN anymore, well to be able to Log-In that is.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29836

After the last chrome update I have experienced something similar on a few other sites.
    Other browsers work, but just unresponsive using chrome.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

clear cache

louisvillekid
    slummin it

Quote Originally Posted by turtlejc View Post
    clear cache
    Ha!
    clearing a cache or not, should not make a Log-In icon disappear from a homepage when only using a certain browser.

But, thanks for the hot tip Quincy, err, Gates I should say.

turtlejc

works for me

its a pop up now, so that might be a problem

try holding control while clicking log in

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

cache clearing might work

louisvillekid
    slummin it

Quote Originally Posted by turtlejc View Post
    works for me

its a pop up now, so that might be a problem

try holding control while clicking log in
    well im not at work to try it on the Macs or HP laptops. And im not home to try on the old desktop, but i can use my phone cause it's a windows. I got my Nexus tablet, but i have no idea how to hold down a ctrl AND click log in to make the pop up appear. plus still dont explain why on the black navigation bar towards top of home page. previously there was a log in icon next to the search icon, it it gone from chrome, but there for IE and firefox.
    Im tryin my asus chromebook now, and if i use the log in on left side of screen and hold crtl and click log in, all it does is open another tab with the espn homepage. If you notice, the url will be espn.go.com but when you click the log in it goes to espn.go.com/# but no pop up to log on.
    Using a strictly chrome OS, i have no idea how to clear a "cache", i can clear my history, PW's, active content, etc, but no "cache". On My nexus tab, when i have chrome opened i cant log in, but if i use firefox i can.

louisvillekid
    slummin it

amazing, after close to 2 weeks, i make a post, and now as of this post, the log-in icon on the top right of the menu bar is back, plus the log-in from the left side works, when using chrome. I made no adjustments to my settings, it just magically works now(eye roll).

turtlejc

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    amazing, after close to 2 weeks, i make a post, and now as of this post, the log-in icon on the top right of the menu bar is back, plus the log-in from the left side works, when using chrome. I made no adjustments to my settings, it just magically works now(eye roll).
    I put it back on your screen, youre welcome