Playoff rankings

Confused

1 Clemson
    2 lsu
    3 osu
    4 bama
    5 nd
    6 Baylor

You may as well put these teams in a bag and shuffle them up and see who comes out first

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    Confused

1 Clemson
    2 lsu
    3 osu
    4 bama
    5 nd
    6 Baylor

You may as well put these teams in a bag and shuffle them up and see who comes out first
    Ummmm
    YEAH
    That's the whole purpose.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

How is it possible to find 12 people (the committee) who know so little about what they're doing? This is a complete farce.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

it will change drastically in 4 weeks

settle down

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Good chance 5 & 6 are not relevant after Saturday

SquareBetNoMore
    SquareBetNoMore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1833

Agree with gold, not worried about it, too many big games and upsets to come to worry about it now

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Of course the teams will change; we all know that. Where I have a problem is that the committee has shown it has no idea what criteria it's using and how those are or are not applied to all teams. Looks to me like the committee is looking at one thing for one team, something else for another team, yet something else for another team, yada, yada . . . I don't care what the teams are as long as we can understand the evaluation process.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    Of course the teams will change; we all know that. Where I have a problem is that the committee has shown it has no idea what criteria it's using and how those are or are not applied to all teams. Looks to me like the committee is looking at one thing for one team, something else for another team, yet something else for another team, yada, yada . . . I don't care what the teams are as long as we can understand the evaluation process.
    Ya, Long is an idiot. Everytime he is asked a question his response is a contradiction to his last comment. Everytime he opens his mouth I am more confused. You have to set up an order on what is the most important to the least important aspects when grading each team. Right now they can look at two teams that are equal in almost every category and judge them two different ways however they see fit. Example, Florida same record as bama, Bama falls to a team Florida beat yet bama is ahead of many undefeated teams and 5 ahead of Florida when asked about it Long made zero sense. Guy is a moron. Just put the BCS formula back in place and let that pick the top 4 so we aren't wondering what the committee feels like being important from week to week. They never seem to grade teams on the same playing field. Well today we will grade this team on who they played but another team with a similar shit schedule we will just grade them on the eye test because I like that team better or they are from the SEC so let's just put them in, it's rediculous.

jjgold

guys lets talk about this in weeks

It is way too early and means nothing

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

The only rankings I don't agree with in the top 10 are Bama and Florida. When you look at common opponents, Florida has a big edge on them with Ole Miss. The rest of the top 10 are fine. They rewarded teams with tougher schedules like they should have and penalized those teams who played no one.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Let's get a few things straight. First, no one on the committee gives a crap about what you think or I think. I guarantee you that they are smarter than I, which makes them 5 times smarter than you. So our opinions are worthless. If you guys want something legitimate to worry yourselves over, worry about how much money you have lost this season.

Now let's see how each of the power 5 conferences can become odd man out.

ACC: A Clemson loss and the Big 12 has a team that goes undefeated. It doesn't matter who the loss is to. Any loss will do it.

Big 10: No Big 10 team goes undefeated and Clemson, the Big 12 Champ goes undefeated, and the SEC and Pac 12 Champ has one loss. That is a lot, but the bottom line is that the Big 10 SOS is much weaker than the SEC, and the Pac 12.

Big 12: If no team in the conference goes undefeated, the Big 12 is out again. The Committee made that crystal clear yesterday. Their SOS is just pathetic.

Pac 12: If the other 4 conferences have undefeated champions or Stanford loses to Notre Dame.

SEC: If Alabama loses another game and LSU loses.

Notre Dame has a shot if they run the table and chaos reigns in two of the other conferences.

jjgold

Say Temple. Houston or Memphis goes undefeated??

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Anyone remember a few years back when we had a computer pick the best 2 teams? Well..no we have replaced the computer with 12 people to pick 4 teams. The entire universe is laughing at us right now.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

I just wish they would go ahead, and expand this to 8 teams so we can bitch about the 9th team that got left out.

bobaphet
    bobaphet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

What I don't understand is how L.G.Mike Gould and Condoleezza Rice are on this committee. They have no business being on it considering that there are many, more qualified people who are interested in sitting on it.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Let's get a few things straight. First, no one on the committee gives a crap about what you think or I think. I guarantee you that they are smarter than I, which makes them 5 times smarter than you. So our opinions are worthless. If you guys want something legitimate to worry yourselves over, worry about how much money you have lost this season.

ACC: A Clemson loss and the Big 12 has a team that goes undefeated. It doesn't matter who the loss is to. Any loss will do it.

Big 10: No Big 10 team goes undefeated and Clemson, the Big 12 Champ goes undefeated, and the SEC and Pac 12 Champ has one loss. That is a lot, but the bottom line is that the Big 10 SOS is much weaker than the SEC, and the Pac 12.

Big 12: If no team in the conference goes undefeated, the Big 12 is out again. The Committee made that crystal clear yesterday. Their SOS is just pathetic.

Pac 12: If the other 4 conferences have undefeated champions or Stanford loses to Notre Dame.

Notre Dame has a shot if they run the table and chaos reigns in two of the other conferences.
    Notre Dame doesn't need much chaos. If they win out, they are the first team in if the Big 10, Big 12 or ACc end up with a champ with one loss. It's very possible the Big 12 is likely to all beat each other up and Big 10 may as well. SEC could also have chaos if Bama wins this week and Ole Miss wins out.

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post

So many possibilities in the SEC West to even fathom what might happen. Some tough road games for the top three:

This week: LSU at Bama
    Next week: Bama at Miss. State
    Following week: LSU at Ole Miss
    Final week: Ole Miss at Miss. State and Bama at Auburn

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Say Temple. Houston or Memphis goes undefeated??
    JJ. Why do you constantly make a complete and total fool out of yourself in here? You really should be replaced. I beleive that you have serious mental issues. Temple lost to Notre Dame last Saturday Night. If you cannot do better than this, then it is time for you to leave.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Memento View Post
    So many possibilities in the SEC West to even fathom what might happen. Some tough road games for the top three:

This week: LSU at Bama
    Next week: Bama at Miss. State
    Following week: LSU at Ole Miss
    Final week: Ole Miss at Miss. State and Bama at Auburn
    Do not forget about the CC game between the SEC West Champ against a one or two loss Florida team. It would be funny if Florida State defeated Florida and then Florida defeats the SEC West Champ. Bye-Bye SEC.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Anyone remember a few years back when we had a computer pick the best 2 teams? Well..no we have replaced the computer with 12 people to pick 4 teams. The entire universe is laughing at us right now.

True, at least with the computers you knew what was important going in instead of knowing their fate was in the hands of a guy that looks and explains things like a total retard. It doesn't matter what teams get in, it matters they are all graded the same way from start to finish, that has never been the case.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

Nick Saban:

I don't think the ranking means anything. It doesn't mean anything. All it means is that you've created an opportunity to have a chance to finish the season and maybe have an opportunity to play in some other games that are big games. The players are smart enough to know that they need to stay focused on the game because if you don't play well in every game that we have from here on out you won't be ranked any more. So what good does it do, what does it mean? It means nothing.