RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Will you take more MLs instead of -2.5 with new field goal rule?

Well it is still 95% or something from the 33yd line, but will more teams go for 2?

What about in December at Green Bay or Chicago when wind is blowing and snowy???

Maybe it is more possible for teams to win by only 1 or 2 now

Will this affect my boy WONG at all???
    Last edited by RudyRuetigger; 08-12-15 at 11:10 AM. Reason: extra point*

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Honestly, I think the effect of the rule change will be negligible.

Yes there are going to be like 1 or 2 bad beats this year that will have people saying "FUK THIS STUPID RULE CHANGE BULLSHIT" but I think that is inevitable with any rule change.

Like you said, Rudy, the difference in FG% between 20 and 33 yards is ~3.5-4% and that is without the field goals being taken in the center of the hashes. My guess is it we will see no more than 2% more misses extra points this year and that teams will be no more likely to go for two than they were last year.

Coaches play conservatively. My guess is because when you got for two and don't make it, you look like an idiot where as when you go for the FG you can either blame it on the kicker (something teams often do it seems) or simply say "well I did what any coach would have done."

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

yeah

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It could impact games

Hard to say right now

You guys do your homework

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

shut the fuk up

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

i meant extra point but you knew what i meant

hugh_jorgan
    hugh_jorgan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Honestly, I think the effect of the rule change will be negligible.

Yes there are going to be like 1 or 2 bad beats this year that will have people saying "FUK THIS STUPID RULE CHANGE BULLSHIT" but I think that is inevitable with any rule change.

Like you said, Rudy, the difference in FG% between 20 and 33 yards is ~3.5-4% and that is without the field goals being taken in the center of the hashes. My guess is it we will see no more than 2% more misses extra points this year and that teams will be no more likely to go for two than they were last year.

Coaches play conservatively. My guess is because when you got for two and don't make it, you look like an idiot where as when you go for the FG you can either blame it on the kicker (something teams often do it seems) or simply say "well I did what any coach would have done."
    Good answer

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Hard to say right now, percentages are still pretty high and it goes both ways