SBRPicks
    SBRPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

New Year's Day Bowl Games Preview with Peter Loshak and Justin7

The bowl games for New Year’s Day feature several teams with coaching drama, as well as matchups pitting top Big Ten teams against top teams from the SEC and the Pac-10.

The day begins with two teams that both feature fast-paced spread offenses, Northwestern as an 8-point dog against Auburn in the Outback Bowl. The Tigers prefer to run, while the Wildcats lean to the pass, but both play an up-tempo game, and a high-possession shootout could result.

The Capital One Bowl features No. 11 Penn St as a 2.5-point fave over No. 13 LSU, and both teams’ outstanding defensive squads will be on display. The Tigers have a tremendous record in Bowl games in the 4 years they’ve been coached by Les Miles, but that may not have any bearing on the likely outcome here.

The 2010 Rose Bowl pits No. 8 Ohio St against No. 7 Oregon, with Oregon rated a 4-point favorite. The Ducks consistently gave awesome offensive performances throughout the regular season, led by multiple-threat mobile QB Jeremiah Masoli. But the Buckeyes bring one of the elite defenses in the country to the table, and it will be interesting to see if they can stop Oregon in a way no one else has been able to this year.

In the Gator Bowl, legendary Florida St coach Bobby Bowden will coach the final game of his career. The Seminoles will need to get a boost from that to pull out a win, as they appear to be significantly outmatched on paper by No. 18 West Virginia, whom the market has made a 2.5-point favorite.

And the day ends with one of the biggest bowl matchups of the year, No. 5 Florida against No. 4 Cincinnati in the Sugar Bowl. The market sees the Gators as having a big edge here, making them 12.5-point favorites over the Bearcats, who almost made the Championship game this year. Coaching drama with both teams may be contributing to this line, as Cincinnati’s coach Brian Kelly split with the team acrimoniously in December to take the head coach position at Notre Dame, while Florida coach Urban Meyer’s health problems have the team rallying behind him. Perhaps the surest thing about this game is that if Florida wins by 11 or 12, the books will get killed on a nasty middle.

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Great Video...Really love these bowl game preview videos. A lot of GREAT information!! Keep em coming!

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

HEY PETER I HAVE A VERY SERIOUS QUESTION I AM DEAD SERIOUS SO LEASE ANSWER.

PETER WHEN YOU GO TO LIGHT UP A CIGAR ARE YOU AFFRAID YOUR MUSTACHE MIGHT CATCH ON FIRE ?

ALSO AFTER YOU AND JUSTIN FINISH TALKING SPORTS AND BOWL GAMES DO YOU EVER TALK ABOUT BROADS OR HAVE YOU GIVEN UP ON THAT IDEA BECAUSE YOU BOTH HAVE NO CHANCE

I AM JUST CURIOUS BUT THE INTERVIEWS ARENT BAD I JUST THINK YOU TWO SHOULD GET LAID EVERY NOW AND THEN.PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO THINK YOU MIGHT BE FAGS

bigdaddyjames
    bigdaddyjames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 680

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

lol this beantownjim character is just too funny.

Good stuff as always, follow your picks justin so you better hit

1st and Ten
    1st and Ten's Avatar Become A Pro!

Loshak...like the northwestern analysis you stud

1st and Ten

Ohio State is the play Men...Justin is sharp

kenny123
    kenny123's Avatar Become A Pro!

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

thanks justin

IrishTim
    IrishTim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Watching Justin in these videos is worth a 3 units a month.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Justin called Oregon "Oregon State". Could explain why his model has Ohio State favored.

lol at Loshak asking Justin if he's ever placed a bet and had the market go against him.

Even if you're great at predicting market trends, there are going to be times it moves against you. It's part of betting. You just try not to make it the norm.

Portlander
    Portlander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Yeah I agree with the Oregon State thing.. If it was Oregon State I would be going with Ohio too!

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by BEANTOWNJIM View Post
    HEY PETER I HAVE A VERY SERIOUS QUESTION I AM DEAD SERIOUS SO LEASE ANSWER. PETER WHEN YOU GO TO LIGHT UP A CIGAR ARE YOU AFFRAID YOUR MUSTACHE MIGHT CATCH ON FIRE ? ALSO AFTER YOU AND JUSTIN FINISH TALKING SPORTS AND BOWL GAMES DO YOU EVER TALK ABOUT BROADS OR HAVE YOU GIVEN UP ON THAT IDEA BECAUSE YOU BOTH HAVE NO CHANCE I AM JUST CURIOUS BUT THE INTERVIEWS ARENT BAD I JUST THINK YOU TWO SHOULD GET LAID EVERY NOW AND THEN.PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO THINK YOU MIGHT BE FAGS
    This is the meaning of Internet Thug.

What a douche this guy is.

Anyway Justin & Loshak disagree with my top play Oregon -3.5. I dont have the tools that Justin uses, but I study stats/ give teams the eye test. Dont see how Ohio State scores enough to keep up. If Navy's option attack works against Ohio St., then Oregon's should follow suit.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by Portlander View Post
    Yeah I agree with the Oregon State thing.. If it was Oregon State I would be going with Ohio too!
    Ohio vs. Oregon State instead of Ohio State vs. Oregon?

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Good catch. The line was for Oregon, notwithstanding what I said. As you have probably figured out by now, I don't care much for names. Oregon, "Black Box #1", "random number generator x" - all the same. Although Oregon State is obviously confusing in that context.

TheMizzle
    TheMizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    This is the meaning of Internet Thug.
    Anyway Justin & Loshak disagree with my top play Oregon -3.5. I dont have the tools that Justin uses, but I study stats/ give teams the eye test. Dont see how Ohio State scores enough to keep up. If Navy's option attack works against Ohio St., then Oregon's should follow suit.

The thing is I doubt they will have to do much keeping up. Ohio state has a very good defense, if they show up its over. They have a number of shut outs, even if they were shitty teams not even a field goal allowed is pure skill. Oregon has played one good defense, Boise State, who held them to 8 points and resulted in a loss. (although i hate to make comparisons to the beginning of the season) You can not compare their offense to any Pac-10 defense. I would expect them to be on a similar level as OSU, as stated before!

I heard that the Ohio state QB is going to play with a knee tear, anyone have some good info on the status of that? Besides this issue, id say this is a good bed. (possibly an under bet as well)

yisman

good bed? Is that like a good lay?

mav2112
    mav2112's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1373

I am having trouble thinking Ohio St is going to match up to well with Oregon when I think of how both these teams looked against USC..............

Ohio St had trouble moving the ball and scoring on USC even losing the game outright while Oregon looked like it was a scrimmage moving up and down the field at will.............

For as good as OSU's defense was..........how can you let a freshman drive the length of the field for the win in the last 2 minutes on your home field????

TheMizzle
    TheMizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mav2112 View Post
    I am having trouble thinking Ohio St is going to match up to well with Oregon when I think of how both these teams looked against USC..............

Ohio St had trouble moving the ball and scoring on USC even losing the game outright while Oregon looked like it was a scrimmage moving up and down the field at will.............
    While i have taken this into consideration, sometimes its hard to compare how two different teams played the same team based on one instance, at least i would not weigh my whole decision on it. I am just looking at trends in the teams overall performances, especially towards the end of the season, Ohio had some pretty legit wins. Oregon when to OT with a team that scored ZERO in their bowl game.

For as good as OSU's defense was..........how can you let a freshman drive the length of the field for the win in the last 2 minutes on your home field????
    Nebraska more or less let this same thing happen to them. Giving up the defense in the end of the game in a tight situation, it happens.

I am a student at Nebraska, ahah!

Happy new year.

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

HEY MIZZLE YOUR A STUDENT AT NEBRASKA THAT F-CKING DEGREE ISNT WORTH A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AT ANY SCHOOL HERE ON THE EAST COAST.A DEGREE AT NEBRASKA WHAT YOUR MAJOR (CORN GROWING) WHAT THE F-CK I WOULDNT GO AROUND TELLING ANYBODY YOUR A STUDENT AT NEBRASKA THEY WILL LOOK AT YOU LIKE YOUR A DOPE

HERES A TYPICAL QUESTION TO GET INTO THE UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA

IF TOM OSBORNE ATE 3 EARS OF CORN AT 5 PM THEN HAD ANOTHER EAR OF CORN A 7 M HOW MAN EARS OF CORN DID TOM HAVE

HALF THE PEOPLE AT NEBRASKA COULDNT ANSWER THIS QUESTION

tjlampe
    tjlampe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ohio st will show up and put another waxing on a PAC 10 team

kiknit
    kiknit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

When they played...the 3rd game of the season if I remembe correctly - and looking back at how the rest of the seasons went for both schools, USC peaked early and Ohio Sate hadnt quite gotten there yet. USC went on to lose a couple games they should have easily won.

Keep in mind that it was an 18-15 final...its not like USC blew Ohio State out of the water. Although that game winning TD drive on the shoulders of McKnight was quite impressive and showed the Ohio State D they had some room for improvement.

If that game takes place in the 10th week, Ohio State rolls USC hands down on both sides of the ball.

kiknit
    kiknit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

HEY MIZZLE YOUR A STUDENT AT NEBRASKA THAT F-CKING DEGREE ISNT WORTH A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AT ANY SCHOOL HERE ON THE EAST COAST.A DEGREE AT NEBRASKA WHAT YOUR MAJOR (CORN GROWING) WHAT THE F-CK I WOULDNT GO AROUND TELLING ANYBODY YOUR A STUDENT AT NEBRASKA THEY WILL LOOK AT YOU LIKE YOUR A DOPE

IF TOM OSBORNE ATE 3 EARS OF CORN AT 5 PM THEN HAD ANOTHER EAR OF CORN A 7 M HOW MAN EARS OF CORN DID TOM HAVE

Dude...spell check? Or did they not teach that on the East Coast? It's a lot harder to take you seriously when your East Coast education is getting in the way of spelling and sentence formation.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Nice call on Northwestern and Penn state

Chugs
    Chugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

HEY PETER I HAVE A VERY SERIOUS QUESTION I AM DEAD SERIOUS SO LEASE ANSWER.

PETER WHEN YOU GO TO LIGHT UP A CIGAR ARE YOU AFFRAID YOUR MUSTACHE MIGHT CATCH ON FIRE ?

ALSO AFTER YOU AND JUSTIN FINISH TALKING SPORTS AND BOWL GAMES DO YOU EVER TALK ABOUT BROADS OR HAVE YOU GIVEN UP ON THAT IDEA BECAUSE YOU BOTH HAVE NO CHANCE

I AM JUST CURIOUS BUT THE INTERVIEWS ARENT BAD I JUST THINK YOU TWO SHOULD GET LAID EVERY NOW AND THEN.PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO THINK YOU MIGHT BE FAGS

This guy is just too funny hahahaha

1st and Ten

Consult me before you make these clown-like predictions

IrishTim
    IrishTim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley View Post
    Nice call on Northwestern and Penn state
    And Ohio St. The guy is worth the price of admission.

The Bishop
    The Bishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1938

Go go Cincy.

1st and Ten

What were the results?

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by 1st and Ten View Post
    What were the results?
    I know they got buried by FSU. Math and numbers can't quantify intangibles such as young kids playing over their heads to win a game for their legendary coach.

1st and Ten

Seer...he didn't cap the Jesus factor...plain and simple...no excuse

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by 1st and Ten View Post
    Seer...he didn't cap the Jesus factor...plain and simple...no excuse
    I was talking about Bowden but, yeah, Tebow and the Jesus factor too needs to be figured in the model.

bigdaddyjames
    bigdaddyjames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 680