FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Griner annuls marriage to Gloria Johnson

Not that anyone cares but figured id post since this is just another weird story coming from these two. Griner annuls marriage after Glorida Johnson becomes pregnant. WTF....

One day after Glory Johnson announced her pregnancy, wife Brittney Griner has moved to annul their 28-day marriage, PEOPLE has confirmed.

The news comes just 28 days after the WNBA players' May 8 wedding, but six weeks after a physical altercation between the two 24-year-olds at their Goodyear, Arizona, home resulted in arrests and league suspensions for both.

"Last Wednesday, Glory and I agreed to either legally separate, get divorced, or annul our marriage," Griner, a center for the three-time champion Phoenix Mercury, said in a statement to PEOPLE. "I can confirm today I filed for an annulment. In the week prior to the wedding, I attempted to postpone the wedding several times until I completed counseling, but I still went through with it. I now realize that was a mistake.”

A request for comment from Johnson was not immediately answered. However, Johnson's sports marketing agent, D.J. Fisher, tells TMZ: "Glory was unaware of the filing and still loves and cares for Brittney. Glory loves Brittney and made a huge sacrifice to carry a child, put her career on hold, to invest in their relationship and their future. As a result she won't be playing this season."

He continues, "Glory wouldn't intentionally do anything to hurt Brittney and has tried her best to protect her and their marriage. Obviously this marriage was about them starting their life together. Glory is the sweetest thing in the world and she was dedicated to their partnership. She knows how important marriage is and made a lifetime commitment and decision to spend the rest of her life with Brittney."

Adding just a hint of confusion, Johnson used her Instagram account earlier Friday to post a virtual love note to Griner, writing, "One day until I'm reunited with my wife @brittneygriner. . . This is about to be one CRAZY SUMMER!!! #TooExcited #NewLife #NewAdditionToTheFamily."

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

i dont get it

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I don't either

I think Baby was from embryo??

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Bomani Jones made a a really interesting point on this -- We've never seen this before, but estranged lovers will soon have to play against each other when the season comes back around! Crazy.

I'd actually watch beaverball if I knew Glory Johnson was about to drive the lane with Godzilla standing there waiting.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I gotta be honest Ralph, I still wouldn't watch it.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Yeah, who am I kidding?

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    I gotta be honest Ralph, I still wouldn't watch it.
    Nope.