4sees
    4sees's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

2017 the year of the upset

Have watched gaming odds for over 20 years, and never saw as many huge upsets last year verse in the last 20 years. Starting with Trump being sworn in as President, to the Astros taking down the Yankees and then the Dodgers in a game 7 in LA to win the World Series. Though the pats winning the Super Bowl was no upset, that 2nd half has to be the most miracle 2nd half in NFL playoff history. I saw like 35 point college football underdogs win games outright, and many that were 20-30 point dogs. Such as, Ohio St @ Iowa in Nov opened up -16.5 / -675. Closing odds had them up to -21 / -1495. Forget covering the 21 or barely somehow winning on a fluke, Iowa wins themselves by 21. In college hoops, believe #1's (top 5 ranked) Duke, Villanova and N. Carolina all lost outright to 10:1 underdogs. On Duke's lost to B.C., had them in a 6 team parlay with all good wining picks except for Duke at like -2000 or something, which for the couple of extra bucks learned how VERY foolish I was to do that. If anything, you should throw in the +1200 once and while just to keep 'em honest and in hopes for hitting the jackpot.

Was wondering if you all think last year was the biggest upset year in recent memory, and what was the greatest underdog memory you had for the year to either help you lose or win big?

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

I'm not usually a halftime bettor but I pounded the Patriots in the 2nd half of Super Bowl. That had to be the greatest comeback ever, given the significance of the game.