LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

For Those Complaining About Dayton Being Home...

Really, how could it have been avoided? Dayton played in the First Four because they were one of the Last Four In as selected by the committee. And Dayton the city won the bid for the First Four for quite a few years.

So there was really only two choices: Either allow Dayton to play at home as they were one of the Last Four In, or over-seed them and give them a free pass to the Round of 64 just to avoid playing in Dayton. I think the committee did the right thing as being properly seeded shoud be more important, even if it means playing at home.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

blame the committee for putting them their to sell some tickets

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Only ones complaining are Dayton-4 supporters

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Dayton should of been a #9 or #10 seed and never even been in the game in the first place.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

It was a joke. They were a 10 seed at worst and they were only put in the First Four to draw fans and money. Disgusting

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i had boise so im happy but powell and megatron are definitely right, team should have been ahead of indiana, ok st, ucla, etc

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

To think Oregon is an 8 and Dayton is an 11.

Wtf.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

they can't have the "first round" in multiple venues?

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    What up stealthy!!!

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Dayton should of been a #9 or #10 seed and never even been in the game in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    It was a joke. They were a 10 seed at worst and they were only put in the First Four to draw fans and money. Disgusting
    Forget woulda coulda shoulda and just stick with the facts. The fact is that they were one of the last four in as selected by the committee. So just based on that alone and discarding whether or not they should have been seeded higher, there was really no other option. And besides, there is really no need to place Dayton in First Four "intentionally" as these games are always sell-outs or close to it anyway.

TwoWays

Guys stay focused. The tourney starts tomorrow morn. It's all a money grab so let's get ours, and screw the kids while at it

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    What up stealthy!!!
    You in vegas bro??

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    No, Dayton won the bid years ago. It's only four games so it will always be at one venue. Dayton won the rights for First Four through 2018 tournament.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

How terrible would it be "get in the tournament" only to go to fukking Dayton and lose.

Its like winning a vacation to Detroit.
    Points Awarded:

Slanina gave MoMoneyMoVaughn 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Its what NCAA is all about money and greed proof they don't give a rats ass about integrity the Boise coach I'm sure was not happy about having to play s true road game to start the tourney this isn't ghe Fukkin NIT it's just a shame the effort Boise put into this one not to have a neutral setting to make this fair n square.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Forget woulda coulda shoulda and just stick with the facts. The fact is that they were one of the last four in as selected by the committee. So just based on that alone and discarding whether or not they should have been seeded higher, there was really no other option. And besides, there is really no need to place Dayton in First Four "intentionally" as these games are always sell-outs or close to it anyway.

I had Boise +4 tonight and it was a good spot for them, but morally it was a joke of a decision. How do you NOT think about Dayton eventually being in the first four? The first four games are typically sell-outs? I'd have to see some proof of that and even if so, it makes good television that Dayton is playing at home.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

No, Dayton won the bid years ago. It's only four games so it will always be at one venue. Dayton won the rights for First Four through 2018 tournament.
    Fair enough, so partly through the construct of the NCAA. It's a rare occurrence. Doubt the one venue format would change than.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

I had Boise +4 tonight and it was a good spot for them, but morally it was a joke of a decision. How do you NOT think about Dayton eventually being in the first four? The first four games are typically sell-outs? I'd have to see some proof of that and even if so, it makes good television that Dayton is playing at home.
    looked like way more people tonight than last night

LT Profits

But what are you gonna do? If a team is one of the last four in, it plays during the first four regardless of the venue. If you give the team a free pass to the round of 64 because the first four is on it home floor, then it would be unfair to the team that was forced to play in the first four that was seeded higher.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    blame the committee for putting them their to sell some tickets
    those games are sold out whetherdayton is in or not.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    those games are sold out whetherdayton is in or not.
    did it look like a sellout last night? many times they went to the crowd and open seats were all over, plus it made for good tv like someone else said, a true road game in the ncaa tournament

LT Profits

Last night was sold out, yes. Maybe not everyone showed up but every ticket was sold. Dayton supports its college hoops, that was one factor in awarding city the bid.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Just saw the last shot of that game.

Very questionable no call...

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Dayton playing next game 70 fukking miles from Dayton.

May as well have the entire damn tournament in Dayton why don't we.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Just saw the last shot of that game.

Very questionable no call...
    Na, it was good no-call. Defender went straight up and landed on ground while shooter leaned into him trying to draw the call.

TwoWays

Illinois played a home game at bama.

LT Profits

Dayton playing next game 70 fukking miles from Dayton.

May as well have the entire damn tournament in Dayton why don't we.
    Playing close to home happens all the time, but actually playing on your home floor can only possibly happen during First Four or Final Four. Once Round of 64 starts, committee is not allowed to place a team where it could play literally on its home floor before the Final Four.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Playing close to home happens all the time, but actually playing on your home floor can only possibly happen during First Four or Final Four. Once Round of 64 starts, committee is not allowed to place a team where it could play literally on its home floor before the Final Four.
    Understandable.

I was of the belief that the largest factor of "home court advantage" were an over abundance of fans cheering for one team that influence referees to subconsciously give more favourable calls to the "home" team. I thought that the whole reason basketball is considered the sport in which home court advantage is largest was because fouls are so subjective.

Wouldn't this game be played in a location where there will undeniably be many Dayton fans, likely in number that will be able to replicate this effect?

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

who cares where it was played. college hoops is such a horrible product and this game was absolutely meaningless

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Na, it was good no-call. Defender went straight up and landed on ground while shooter leaned into him trying to draw the call.
    Just watched it again a few times and I don't think its that clear. I hate to get Zapruder film on you... BUT

I think he did jump towards him some.

Foul or not, I would agree with the commentators that "traditionally it is called a foul". I think the issue here is not the play in and of itself but rather the somewhat inconsistent application of the rule.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    who cares where it was played. college hoops is such a horrible product and this game was absolutely meaningless
    Will all due respect Ex, I think one could intelligently argue the opposite to all three of the things you said in that sentence.

TheHumanTripod
    TheHumanTripod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Will all due respect Ex, I think one could intelligently argue the opposite to all three of the things you said in that sentence.
    Yes! Even if not to you all games have meaning to some, especially this time of year. Also college hoops, in my opinion, is by far the best and most entertaining sport by far.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

dayton hasn't lost a home game all season or something and this team gets a home game?

regardless, boise st had their chances, oh well they still covered...

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

I understand refs always swallow their whistles and the end of the game but that play is always called a foul. Yes, Marks did lean into him but the defender was still in the air when contact was made. One thing to point out if the situation was reserved I guarantee their would of been of fouled call. Game is over and lets move on, lots of good basketball today. Good luck boyz.

TwoWays

Daytons got a large following in this games vs providence.

12 Last