frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Thursday's Plays: Keep rolling with TCU at +8 as well as St. Bonny, Utah St, and more

TCU +8... keep rolling with them. Kansas only beat TCU by 3 and 9 this year, TCU would have had them beat in Fort Worth if they could make free throws, and Perry Ellis did all the work in Lawrence in a 9 point win. But since he is not healthy today and Cliff Alexander is out, Kansas won't have as strong of an inside prescence, and doesn't shoot the 3 well, so TCU will be able to hang. They will be confident coming off of last night's win.

St. Bonaventure -2.5 over St. Joseph's... they are my sleeper pick to win the Atlantic 10 tournament. St. Joseph's has been disappointing this year, and the Bonnies are starting to click.

Texas +2... this is a sharp play. A lot of people think Iowa State at the Sprint Center and beating Texas twice this year means an easy win for them, and only 2 points to cover... Texas wins this straight up. They have more to play for and Iowa State will be a bit rusty, and no way they shoot as well as they did vs. TCU on Saturday where they shot something like 80% in the first half. Texas plays better defense than that and if they shut down Niang inside they have a good shot.

Oklahoma -3.5... Oklahoma State just isn't any good. Why Oklahoma is getting no respect here in regards to the line we will never know.

Air Force +10.5 ... Anthony Drmic is a big deal to Boise State and he is out, Air Force will be able to slow this game down and dictate the tempo. Just watch. The 1 seed in the MWC tournament always has a rough first game as history shows.

Utah State +1.5 ... The winner of this game is my sleeper pick to win this tournament. Utah State is playing for their coach who is retiring so they will have an extra edge/motivation. I think Utah State is a bit more disciplined offensively in this game that will be a slow paced, first to 50 wins.

CSU Northridge +9.5 ... UC Davis is the favorite here and the 1 seed but they will be a bit nervous and will need to work out those first game jitters, which is why I like Northridge to cover.

UC Santa Barbara -3.5 ... My pick to win the Big West tournament. Gauchos are finally healthy, time for them to show what they can do. Only 3.5 points to cover against a bad Cal Poly team is free money IMO.

Eastern Michigan +4 ... EMU is playing some good basketball right now. They are rolling... 3rd game in 3 days who cares, they are on fire right now and their 2-3 zone claims another victim today. Huge disappointment in MAC play but the conference tournament is giving them a 2nd chance and they are making the most of it right now

Prairie View A&M -1 ... I hate betting on the SWAC but this line is too good to pass up. Prairie View always plays well in this event and are a semi-home team playing close to home opposed to Jackson State having to drive several hours from Jackson. Prairie View is the better team and I don't see them having a problem winning

Texas A&M Corpus Christi -5.5 ... Another team getting NO RESPECT... A&M-CC plays good defense and New Orleans is plain garbage. While SFA and Sam Houston are too strong for A&M-CC to realistically have a shot at winning this tournament they are by far and away the clear cut 3rd best team here. New Orleans doesn't do anything well but at least the Islanders can control tempo and play defense.

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Thanks for the post. Excellent food for thought.

RPK2004
    RPK2004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    TCU +8... keep rolling with them. Kansas only beat TCU by 3 and 9 this year, TCU would have had them beat in Fort Worth if they could make free throws, and Perry Ellis did all the work in Lawrence in a 9 point win. But since he is not healthy today and Cliff Alexander is out, Kansas won't have as strong of an inside prescence, and doesn't shoot the 3 well, so TCU will be able to hang. They will be confident coming off of last night's win.

St. Bonaventure -2.5 over St. Joseph's... they are my sleeper pick to win the Atlantic 10 tournament. St. Joseph's has been disappointing this year, and the Bonnies are starting to click.

Texas +2... this is a sharp play. A lot of people think Iowa State at the Sprint Center and beating Texas twice this year means an easy win for them, and only 2 points to cover... Texas wins this straight up. They have more to play for and Iowa State will be a bit rusty, and no way they shoot as well as they did vs. TCU on Saturday where they shot something like 80% in the first half. Texas plays better defense than that and if they shut down Niang inside they have a good shot.

Oklahoma -3.5... Oklahoma State just isn't any good. Why Oklahoma is getting no respect here in regards to the line we will never know.

Air Force +10.5 ... Anthony Drmic is a big deal to Boise State and he is out, Air Force will be able to slow this game down and dictate the tempo. Just watch. The 1 seed in the MWC tournament always has a rough first game as history shows.

Utah State +1.5 ... The winner of this game is my sleeper pick to win this tournament. Utah State is playing for their coach who is retiring so they will have an extra edge/motivation. I think Utah State is a bit more disciplined offensively in this game that will be a slow paced, first to 50 wins.

CSU Northridge +9.5 ... UC Davis is the favorite here and the 1 seed but they will be a bit nervous and will need to work out those first game jitters, which is why I like Northridge to cover.

UC Santa Barbara -3.5 ... My pick to win the Big West tournament. Gauchos are finally healthy, time for them to show what they can do. Only 3.5 points to cover against a bad Cal Poly team is free money IMO.

Eastern Michigan +4 ... EMU is playing some good basketball right now. They are rolling... 3rd game in 3 days who cares, they are on fire right now and their 2-3 zone claims another victim today. Huge disappointment in MAC play but the conference tournament is giving them a 2nd chance and they are making the most of it right now

Prairie View A&M -1 ... I hate betting on the SWAC but this line is too good to pass up. Prairie View always plays well in this event and are a semi-home team playing close to home opposed to Jackson State having to drive several hours from Jackson. Prairie View is the better team and I don't see them having a problem winning

Texas A&M Corpus Christi -5.5 ... Another team getting NO RESPECT... A&M-CC plays good defense and New Orleans is plain garbage. While SFA and Sam Houston are too strong for A&M-CC to realistically have a shot at winning this tournament they are by far and away the clear cut 3rd best team here. New Orleans doesn't do anything well but at least the Islanders can control tempo and play defense.
    I completely agree with the TCU play. No way KU should be an 8 pt. favorite. I will say that we've heard Ellis will play today. How much, we don't know. Even so, I don't think he'll get many minutes. However, to say Hawks aren't a good three point shooting team is dead wrong. They have been on a mini-slump, but that is also against teams that play aggressive man defense. Doubt we'll see a lot of that from TCU. Don't disagree with you at all, just playing a little devils advocate. I'm actually on it with you and wouldn't be totally surprised with an outright upset

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Davis been pretty abysmal 1H lately, maybe take a look there instead of end of game silliness