Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Less than 5? Donkey talking out of his ass as usual, I won 9 in 2014. No way you won anywhere close to 18, with your pathetic pt total. I smoked you by 5k+, remember jackass?

So this format may allow you to keep it close until the end of April. But when the format changes in May, it's back to you getting smoked again.
    i won at least 12 dailies, i htink 13 b/c i won won on the last day or two of hte year, it was 11 as of nove3mver, so that's 13. won three saturdays, three sundys..... that's 19 you pathetic fck...........

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Just curious... how long does someone stay in Vegas during the WSOP? Is it just done on one weekend?? multiple weekends? Or during weekdays?

If it's lengthy... you'd need to find a cheap hotel and eat $1.00 hotdogs or something daily make that dollar stretch.
    entire thing runs about a month and a half, beginning at the end of may with employees only event and ending around second week of july, when they break the main event til november....

every two or three days a nlhe bracelet event kicks off, there are numerous other events (totalling around 60 "bracelet events") that go off every other day or so; a lot of stud, omaha, horse, etc..... they probably already have the 2015 schedule up.... a few years back, i stayed at the orleans while playing a few weeks at the wsop; 30 something bucks per night; wasn't to bad, and is very close to the Rio (short drive, and u don't have to deal with strip traffic, since both are off the strip). the palms, also extremely close to rio, offered some pretty good rates during wsop as well if you stayed for a few weeks, but with all that hot ass running around the palms, my wife booked me into the orleans, where the avg age of the patrons is around 67 yrs old............

wsop main event will start in early july with three day ones, 1a, 1b, and 1c.... then after those three days, everyone comes back and plays days 2-7 or more straight through

u win this promo, you'll need up to ten-11 days if you make it to the last nine......... my prediction, the sbr winner will need a one night stay....... out day 1

Auto Donk

Less than 5? Donkey talking out of his ass as usual, I won 9 in 2014. No way you won anywhere close to 18, with your pathetic pt total. I smoked you by 5k+, remember jackass?

So this format may allow you to keep it close until the end of April. But when the format changes in May, it's back to you getting smoked again.
    ps, dumbass..... "this format" as you call it is here to stay...... mark my words on that; it has nothing to do with tailoring the format for a specific promo; it has everything to do with sbr saving a bundle of pts per day........ face it waves, your fck'in goose is cooked and ur finished on sbr......... you cant fold your way into cashes you pathetic &@*$^%!

now go get your f'n shine box!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Trust me if I were 1. able to rig poker and 2. eligible to win I would make sure I did just so I could shut down all of the bitching we get on the forum, via live chat and email about FREE POKER ON A SPORTS BETTING SITE every bloody day.

No joke I would annihilate every single one of you and would cheat if I could just to watch you cry. The stuff you guys bitch about is amazing. There are subforums here who haven't had a SBR handout in years... not even a 500 point contest. You same 20 guys or so get them every three months and whinge like newborns no matter what the format is.

One more time: If you like the contest - Join. If you don't - Don't.

Best of luck. Just stop embarrassing yourselves with the moaning because nothing is going to change to suit you.
    In defense, bitching is what it takes to get things done. Latest example was the multiple entries last promotion. If the community didn't speak up, nothing would've happened to the offenders. For the record, I think Dougie is doing a solid job. Poker communities are some of the worst complainers. And that's not isolated to SBR. It's in their blood. People like JohnGalt, are the exception, not the rule.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Don't think this thread is complete without my one of my favorite videos of all time

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FPhoJAvjO2I

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FPhoJAvjO2I

I love these way too much

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9812

try some more omaha , omaha hi low, 5 card draw, 7 card draw tournaments.
    2nd place will suck in this tournament

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Trust me if I were 1. able to rig poker and 2. eligible to win I would make sure I did just so I could shut down all of the bitching we get on the forum, via live chat and email about FREE POKER ON A SPORTS BETTING SITE every bloody day.

No joke I would annihilate every single one of you and would cheat if I could just to watch you cry. The stuff you guys bitch about is amazing. There are subforums here who haven't had a SBR handout in years... not even a 500 point contest. You same 20 guys or so get them every three months and whinge like newborns no matter what the format is.

One more time: If you like the contest - Join. If you don't - Don't.

Best of luck. Just stop embarrassing yourselves with the moaning because nothing is going to change to suit you.
    isnt "bitching" the thing that drives up traffic to this website? I know I just spent 15 minutes reading all these posts?

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    hello

so you're not really winning a buy-in...you're winning a staking in exchange for 20% in winnings
    Don't worry, pal. Good chance that if you qualify, SBR won't PM you the tourney info anyway. Has happened to me twice now.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    i won at least 12 dailies, i htink 13 b/c i won won on the last day or two of hte year, it was 11 as of nove3mver, so that's 13. won three saturdays, three sundys..... that's 19 you pathetic fck...........
    Wake up jackass, weekends don't count. If weekends counted, I would play & dominate your Donkey ass there as well.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    "this format" as you call it is here to stay...... mark my words on that
    Your ignorant words are marked, no way this pathetic format stays past this promo. It was obviously implemented to cut back & save, as they're giving away $10,500 dipshit.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Your ignorant words are marked, no way this pathetic format stays past this promo. It was obviously implemented to cut back & save, as they're giving away $10,500 dipshit.
    Unless SBR Doug gets a few more players on board I bet it does. (I don't have ANY inside info)

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Don't worry, pal. Good chance that if you qualify, SBR won't PM you the tourney info anyway. Has happened to me twice now.
    I got all of my poker related PM's before...your issue could also be fixed with a simple change in your screen name...not sure why they haven't done so already by now

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Wake up jackass, weekends don't count. If weekends counted, I would play & dominate your Donkey ass there as well.
    Wake up bobbo, when it comes to who can win more first places, winning weekend tourneys is a valid stat, especially considering they're almost always a tougher crowd to get through. Not likely you'd make many first places in weekend tourneys if you ever grew a pair and decided to play.

This "pathetic" format is more in line with real poker payout structure...not that we'd expect you to know anything about that

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

I got all of my poker related PM's before...your issue could also be fixed with a simple change in your screen name...not sure why they haven't done so already by now
    No clue. I made a thread about it and commented on a few of SBR Doug's threads. No answer.

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

I will not lose any sleep by missing a lot of these daily tourneys with this horrible format.

Even though its just fun points on the line it is nice to get some for a final table. Sometimes you can spend 90 minutes in one of these tourneys. It feels a little better getting some pizza points for the effort lol.

I do appreciate sbr and all their great promo's and hopefully whoever represents sbr kicks butt

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

What time each day will the tourneys be available to register?

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post

There will be 3 SBR Poker tournaments Mon-Fri from Jan 19 to April 19: 3PM, 7PM, 11PM ET. 50 players max per tourney.

Cabo
    Cabo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22747

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Looks like registration opens at 8:00 am ET
    Points Awarded:

d2bets gave Cabo 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Oh fukk. Didn't realize there is no 9pm. I'm probably out. Gl to those who play

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

I'm not sure how many others feel this way but if you decide to bring back the 9 pm I'd appreciate it as well.

Definitely still very much appreciate the opportunity though, thank you.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

didn't we use to have this format a few years ago? and the tourneys were always full and people were starting threads asking/begging for a place or to change the time slot with someone else?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: secretstash

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by Cabo View Post
    Looks like registration opens at 8:00 am ET
    Thanks.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    didn't we use to have this format a few years ago? and the tourneys were always full and people were starting threads asking/begging for a place or to change the time slot with someone else?
    the new format is horrible

you have twice as less tourneys per day, much longer tourneys, more than twice as less chances to cash

enough said

gl guys!

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

i just hate the times...other than that, good luck all

Triple_D_Bet

the new format is horrible

you have twice as less tourneys per day, much longer tourneys, more than twice as less chances to cash

enough said

gl guys!
    I think "часть" is the word you're looking for there rocker

Fewer tourneys with fewer places played is worse for most without a doubt (aside from reduced buy-in), but it's pretty close to what the rest of online poker does percentage-wise. SBR's extended payout format saw most of the overlay go to paying out a lot of extra places...maybe they did it to drive ring games, maybe they did it to entice new players, couldn't tell ya. Considering the payout structure is an integral part of the game and the challenge, you can't really blame em for going to the standard structure...we've seen what happens with the old one; players like bobbo think they're good poker players because they can nit it up to 10th place in a field of 20

The only horrible part of the format in my mind is the horrendous pace. Traditional turbos usually have 5-6 minute blind levels, but the levels are much more gradual than SBR's, and the result is a much faster increase in pace (the increase from 100/200 to 150/300 ante 25 at 48 minutes in is particularly brutal, and probably not a coincidence that this is where larger tournaments start to fall apart). With a smaller field in the mid-20s it isn't as big of a factor; when 50 people are crammed into the tournament, you see what we saw a couple weekends ago: people playing regular poker for 30-40 minutes, then having to shove everything and get lucky. Takes a lot of the element of skill out of it, which is kind of the opposite of what you want for a competition where you're looking to have someone rep your brand at WSOP

Despite that, the daily format might be less pleasant to play, but probably won't impact qualification too much; top 50 will probably be largely composed of the same names as always, with a little more variety due to the high-variance nature of it. But if the same turbo format is kept for the final tournament, the entire thing becomes a bit of a joke; even when it's free, it's highly unsatisfying to fight for a chance to win something like a WSOP seat and then have to rely on mostly blind luck to get it. The funny thing is that if the top 50 were entered in a drawing for the seat, it would be more satisfying than running a format which has the appearance of poker but is essentially some poker followed by a mostly random drawing.

I get what shari's saying (I got it long before she said it, as did others): free is free. Nobody's saying they'd rather have nothing than something. But if SBR is going to do it, it seems crazy to do not make small changes that are entirely within SBR's ability, with no impact on SBR, which would make the experience better. There's a fine line between bitching ("we want more!") and constructive feedback; SBR has a pretty bad track record of ignoring both, which leads to more of both. It seems like it might be getting better, but stuff like this doesn't help.

TL;DR summary: thanks again SBR, I'll play and take my chances, but wish you made some small, zero-impact-to-you changes to make it more fun.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21, and Lowly Oaftard

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

часть? I don't think that's the right word for that context...but I hear ya

Triple_D_Bet

часть? I don't think that's the right word for that context...but I hear ya
    Probably not, spent all of 3 weeks learning Russian, haven't used any of it in years and it shows...don't even remember enough to Google translate accurately anymore

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Probably not, spent all of 3 weeks learning Russian, haven't used any of it in years and it shows...don't even remember enough to Google translate accurately anymore
    it's all good bud...knowing at least something is always better than not knowing anything at all

stevek173

Whoever wins this will be the coolest guy besides me for like a year.

Triple_D_Bet

it's all good bud...knowing at least something is always better than not knowing anything at all

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post

damn! I remember this song from back in the day...classic

stevek173

I do want to win but if we had video footage of Rudy busting out of the WSOP on TV I think it could go viral.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    I do want to win but if we had video footage of Rudy busting out of the WSOP on TV I think it could go viral.
    Yeah, we need someone willing to go the full Hellmuth for the cause.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

This is going to be fukkin hilarious

chances are it's a hit n run nit that wins

cant wait to see them win the first hand then try to cash out

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

alright after just one day it's pretty obvious that this new format blows

how you gonna fill in those empty ring tables if you let just 15 people cash in each day?

First 1234567 Last