laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Clippers are favored by too much

I have no money on the game and Clippers SHOULD win this but 8 seems like too much and Clippers are pretty bad at covering spreads. Just my 9 cents worth lol

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I jumped on Cavs

Tonight could tell us where Cleve is going rest of year

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 155

did you see the defensive effort they are giving. lakers made them look good last night, If clippers play well this will be a double digit win pretty easily in my opinion. do not be fooled by one win against a aweful laker team.

jjgold

I'm just taking Cleveland for the hell of it

Maybe they will click tonight on all cylinders

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

I'm taking a shot on the ML.
    Can't pass up +300
    Which clippers team shows up? Which cavs team shows up? I'll pay to find out at +300

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by laclippers504 View Post
    I have no money on the game and Clippers SHOULD win this but 8 seems like too much and Clippers are pretty bad at covering spreads. Just my 9 cents worth lol
    It's a "Shock Line". It's there to get you to think.

Real line should be Clips -3 1/2. (Not saying I like the Cavs.)

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Cavs only played 8 last night. beaucoup minutes by all the starters.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Clippers you taking Deladova +8?

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by gt21megatron View Post
    clippers you taking deladova +8?
    i'm coming for that fools spot tron

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Richie is all over Clips

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Took em live -6.5

laclippers504

Clippers have issues

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

passed on the gm

took clev + 4 1/2 2nd H

laclippers504

Hope some people made a little cash on this one

aznjeff07
    aznjeff07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 710

good call

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice super-accurate call,

laclippers504

Wish I would have had a little bread on this

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

CLippers only lost because they played Austin Rivers

jjgold

Clippers are not mentally tough

Good team but no threat to anyone

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Would have to agree with that at this point Coach

Bluehorseshoe

It all comes back to Doc. For some reason, they want Blake Griffin to learn how to shoot from the outside so he could take lower percentage shots rather than his high percentage dunks and be out of position. They never addressed the problem of getting a good starting small forward in the off season. (Matt Barnes is not a starter. G.S. has three guys better than him.) They couldn't find anyone to come close to replacing Darrin Collison in the off season. I have no clue why or how they're using Spencer Hawes. Doc is more worried about making deals to get his son on the team than bringing in people that fit.

Want more?

jjgold

Doc just a politician now

I think he is overrated as a coach..had a good run but now too commercial just a name

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Clippers have never won a game with Austin Rivers.

Bluehorseshoe

Doc just a politician now

I think he is overrated as a coach..had a good run but now too commercial just a name
    He was real close to being fired in Boston. A couple of things came along to save his ass.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by laclippers504 View Post
    i'm coming for that fools spot tron
    you are the blackest white white boy i know!

sick jumper and mad swag to match

Emf66
    Emf66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    It all comes back to Doc. For some reason, they want Blake Griffin to learn how to shoot from the outside so he could take lower percentage shots rather than his high percentage dunks and be out of position. They never addressed the problem of getting a good starting small forward in the off season. (Matt Barnes is not a starter. G.S. has three guys better than him.) They couldn't find anyone to come close to replacing Darrin Collison in the off season. I have no clue why or how they're using Spencer Hawes. Doc is more worried about making deals to get his son on the team than bringing in people that fit.

Want more?
    Hi All

I watched this game full 2nd half, here are my thoughts comments welcome

1. Docs coaching had a huge impact - Clippers up 8/comfortable, Cavs start hack a shaq with Jordan and he isnt able to convert enough ft's. Cavs get momentum and close gap – Clippers slide back
      Subs Austin for Paul – he proceeds to shoot bricks, gets picked by Irving and shows exactly why the Pelicans Execs are moonwalking after his trade complete. He is not NBA ready
      By this time Irving is rolling and you have to say the way he was playing offensively – inside and out – was as good as there is in the NBA. His shooting was off the chart and ability to create for himself unstoppable. The Clippers stopped any offensive rebounding – ghost town under the basket on many shots – and their defense on Lebron and Irving was laughable. Repeatedly fouling isnt in Basketball 101 defense chapter the last time I looked. Worse yet fouling a shooter to soft so they get repeated baskets and the ft is a firing offense. That happened on at least 4 occassions as I recall.
      In summary I feel the Clippers are a dangerous pick because their line is always inflated severely and they have giant holes which can become glaring and exposed

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

good analysis... Id give a little more credit to LeBron/CLE though... Cavs clearly an entirely different team when he's healthy and playing elite...which he is for the first time all year... I was worried about Cleveland, and I still worry about Love, and Irving hasn't sold me all the way yet, but Cavs will be a threat to take the East before its all over with. I actually had Cavs ML in a few losing parlays last night... thought it was a perfect opportunity to beat (imo) an elite NBA team (LAC) on the road, get above .500, and get some fuckin momentum for once. it wasnt a must-win game, but if the Cavs go far, they will point to this game as the turning point of the season

I wouldnt worry too much about the Clippers... they are on my short list of teams that could win it all this year. Question though, what are Clipper fans' thoughts on DeAndre Jordan? He rebounds as well as anyone in the league but he can't seem to guard anybody and cant do shit when he has the ball. Judging by only what I saw last year against GS/SA in the playoffs and what Ive seen sporadically this year, I'd try and move this guy. Spencer Hawes, don't laugh, is a good player. he can shoot 3's, passes well, and rebounds decent. He needs to see the floor more... Jordan rebounds as well as anyone but thats all he brings to the table really
    Last edited by STAX; 01-17-15 at 01:32 PM.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16157

Bulls tonight

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    good analysis... Id give a little more credit to LeBron/CLE though... Cavs clearly an entirely different team when he's healthy and playing elite...which he is for the first time all year... I was worried about Cleveland, and I still worry about Love, and Irving hasn't sold me all the way yet, but Cavs will be a threat to take the East before its all over with. I actually had Cavs ML in a few losing parlays last night... thought it was a perfect opportunity to beat (imo) an elite NBA team (LAC) on the road, get above .500, and get some fuckin momentum for once. it wasnt a must-win game, but if the Cavs go far, they will point to this game as the turning point of the season

I wouldnt worry too much about the Clippers... they are on my short list of teams that could win it all this year. Question though, what are Clipper fans' thoughts on DeAndre Jordan? He rebounds as well as anyone in the league but he can't seem to guard anybody and cant do shit when he has the ball. Judging by only what I saw last year against GS/SA in the playoffs and what Ive seen sporadically this year, I'd try and move this guy. Spencer Hawes, don't laugh, is a good player. he can shoot 3's, passes well, and rebounds decent. He needs to see the floor more... Jordan rebounds as well as anyone but thats all he brings to the table really
    Not a fan if Jordan pappose.

Not only that but you still can't have him in the game at crunch time

No bueno

Emf66
    Emf66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post

Bang on regarding Lebrons play though the showboating/demonstrative gestures were pathetic – did you see Chris Paul waving his hand at it? I have watched all Lebrons games for four years and what I can tell you is provided Irving is kicking it he will play well – why? Because Lebron NEEDS someone who is really going to want and will take the last shot SEE IRVING so the pressure is in fact off him. Great player with little killer instinct/confidence when the chips are down, just ask Wade & Allen plus see his 2010-11 playoff performance against the Mavs. In my opinion Love should not lay down and
    accept a reduced role here, he should play harder and show what he can do and demand respect for it. If he doesnt do that he will drift.

Im afraid to say I dont know if I can share your confidence on the Clips unless they turn up the rebounding/defensive heat which in effect means real effort. If they can do that great, they cant always
    rely on Jamal performing miraculous feats every night – though he normally does!!

Spencer Hawes has played well especially during the latter part of his time with Philly. I dont know
    how much playing time he is getting but seems like he might get more. In terms of Jordan what would be a great start is sending him to the gym and get his free throws to 65%+, as simple as that seems it
    would allow him to stay on the court Tyson Chandler style. He would be more confident and his overall play level would improve as well as being able to be involved more in pick and roll plays meaning lob dunks. When its tight and he cant make his ft's it must be on Pauls mind that if he gets fouled and doesnt make the dunk its missed opportunity. Griffin took his ft's from 50% so let him provide inhouse tutoring