CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Is there a limit on futures bets ??

Went to place a $ 100 bet @ 400-1 on Maryland to win NCAA hoops. Yes a little far fetched. But a team wins the whole thing with good guard play and luck. With Dez Wells (out for few weeks) and SUPER frosh Melo Trimble they have the gaurds...many more good ones a and a very talented 7' 1 " starting 2nd sem....@ 400-1 a good deal.......BUT they only let me bet $ 50 to win $ 20,000........................why.????

thordin86
    thordin86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5739

its called risk control, bookies have diffrent tactics between them regarding that.
    Although i have no clue what that bet you descibed meant, 19950 win amount is high even for top books

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    Went to place a $ 100 bet @ 400-1 on Maryland to win NCAA hoops. Yes a little far fetched. But a team wins the whole thing with good guard play and luck. With Dez Wells (out for few weeks) and SUPER frosh Melo Trimble they have the gaurds...many more good ones a and a very talented 7' 1 " starting 2nd sem....@ 400-1 a good deal.......BUT they only let me bet $ 50 to win $ 20,000........................why.????
    Every since the Rams won the Super Bowl at like 400-1 odds in 1999. The books have become risk averse on futures bets either on wager limits or payouts. That Kurt Warner season changed everything. From 4-12 to super bowl champs. If you feel that good about Maryland, just bet them to win the Big 10, was going to say ACC, and max out on that future.

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Every since the Rams won the Super Bowl at like 400-1 odds in 1999. The books have become risk averse on futures bets either on wager limits or payouts. That Kurt Warner season changed everything. From 4-12 to super bowl champs. If you feel that good about Maryland, just bet them to win the Big 10, was going to say ACC, and max out on that future.
    Thanks guys I appr. u r feedback, it makes sense.............good luck.!

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by thordin86 View Post
    its called risk control, bookies have diffrent tactics between them regarding that.
    Although i have no clue what that bet you descibed meant, 19950 win amount is high even for top books
    Thanks bud, I tryed to put both of your comments together ...but I am a idiot when it comes to these things.................thanks again.

CappinTerp

...BULLS, BEARS AND PIGS.....!!! Yesterday went to place a future bet on MD to win it all in hoops.!! ...$ 50 got me $ 20,000.................today $ 50 gets me $ 5,500............