gregmav1
    gregmav1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1350

Can't enjoy a game anymore

If there's a big game on tv 95% of the time i have to put a bet on it. Not a huge wager, but something to give me action.

I've realized I don't love to watch sports for the sport anymore, and that makes me sad. I loved sports, that's why I got into this stuff. Now I just watch for specific things and don't care about the game really. Even when I try to not bet on a game, I get antsy and 3 minutes before the game starts I'll throw something down really fast.

This common for you guys? I feel like I need to pick one game every few days and not bet on it and just watch. Maybe I'll start trying to do that. Sports are awesome but now it's going from a fun hobby to a semi-serious hobby. I don't like that.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

pretty much yeah

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10323

.....Welcome to the wonderful world of degenerates..

baseballstud
    baseballstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

Sign me up. The thrill of the chase

gregmav1

the highs are low and the lows are low, but i dont care about that. now a game i dont bet on just isnt as interesting. that fuc*king sucks. im going to start not betting some big games.

baseballstud
    baseballstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

I bet I can make you bet before the day is over...

gregmav1

Quote Originally Posted by baseballstud View Post
    I bet I can make you bet before the day is over...
    hey im not saying i wont bet dude. i'll bet till kingdom come. but i want to watch some big sports games without having any money on it. i never do that anymore. i feel like tomorrow's spurs/cavs game will be great for that.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Sports are pointless if you dont have action on it

Watch a bunch of guys throw a ball around? Waste of time.
    Points Awarded:

TankHankerous gave Rich Boy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I have only one love, even as a child. Sf 49er. Anything else is about betting but I'm kind of a anti degen.. only bet certain spots

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

I remember before I started betting the excitement of my favorite team winning now my favorite teams are the teams that make me the most money. Even when you stop betting you'll never enjoy sports like you used to

colleewobbles
    colleewobbles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

I think you're over analyzing this whole matter. Life is short, the love you have for the games is still there its just been changed, intensified, made more interesting by the dynamic of wagering. Likely you work hard for your money, trading away hours of that too short lifetime for sheckels and wagering is a source of excitement for you, why dissect the matter to this degree, what is gained?

I think I just made a bet on African Soccer, thanks to Seaweed. Sure...its probably degenerate but theres much worse things....vices, if proper money management is employed and you bet only $ you can afford to lose rather than amounts that will hobble your existence then I see no reason to worry about this stuff, as said above Life is Short it may not seem so within the day to day drudgery of existence but for most there comes a moment of realization that Life is indeed very very very short.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I don't even enjoy games I bet on anymore. I don't feel shit. No anger when losing, no joy when winning. Shit has numbed me I think. I think I only do it now for the money and to try and go on a big run. Barely even watch a game when it's on.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I can care less if a game is on or not

I watch plenty with no money on them

I think part of it is age ..I bet games I like

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by gregmav1 View Post
    If there's a big game on tv 95% of the time i have to put a bet on it. Not a huge wager, but something to give me action.

I've realized I don't love to watch sports for the sport anymore, and that makes me sad. I loved sports, that's why I got into this stuff. Now I just watch for specific things and don't care about the game really. Even when I try to not bet on a game, I get antsy and 3 minutes before the game starts I'll throw something down really fast.

This common for you guys? I feel like I need to pick one game every few days and not bet on it and just watch. Maybe I'll start trying to do that. Sports are awesome but now it's going from a fun hobby to a semi-serious hobby. I don't like that.
    i agree. Sports are much more exciting when you have money on them.

Honestly i could be glued to the tv watching every moment of a grass hopper race if i have money on it....

but i used to be a huge baseball fan i didnt even turn the tv on when it was game 7 of the world series....

I personally miss the HR and steroid era... I HATE small ball

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I love sports WAAYYY more than gambling, and I really enjoy gambling.

But nothing will ever replace the love I have for sports. I don't know of its because I played them all my life, and they're simply ingrained in me or what.

Whenever someone asks me what me & my family do for fun, I always say "we're sports enthusiasts." And it's true. That's our hobby. Whether it's going to games, watching on tv, or coaching my daughter in a softball tourney....our lives basically revolve around some type of sport. And that wouldn't change even if I never placed another wager.

In fact, I'd give up gambling forever if could trade it for one of my teams winning a world championship. I've gotten to experience that in my lifetime, and, in my opinion, that's a high that cannot be replicated by any wager.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave opie1988 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Opie gets it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I love sports WAAYYY more than gambling, and I really enjoy gambling.

But nothing will ever replace the love I have for sports. I don't know of its because I played them all my life, and they're simply ingrained in me or what.

Whenever someone asks me what me & my family do for fun, I always say "we're sports enthusiasts." And it's true. That's our hobby. Whether it's going to games, watching on tv, or coaching my daughter in a softball tourney....our lives basically revolve around some type of sport. And that wouldn't change even if I never placed another wager.

In fact, I'd give up gambling forever if could trade it for one of my teams winning a world championship. I've gotten to experience that in my lifetime, and, in my opinion, that's a high that cannot be replicated by any wager.
    thats bc you are rich from the oil business.

some of us are aspiring professional gamblers.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I'm a live sports fan. I enjoy going to games. Doesn't much even matter the sport. I try to get the best seats I can and enjoy the atmosphere. December 4th - 7th I'll be in Chicago for a Saturday night event. What do I do? Extend the trip 2 days and will be taking in the Dallas vs Chicago Bears Thursday night football game. Then Friday will be going to the Chicago Blackhawks game. I love grabbing a few drinks before the events and enjoy myself at the games with who ever the fans are.

gregmav1

Live sports are awesome, I agree I wouldn't need to bet on those. But I used to love watching games on tv and now 95% of the time i just care about the money that i put on the game. Like I said, going to try and consciously not bet a big game or two every week and just watch it to relax like I used to.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Best way to watch without money on it is to root against the team you would have bet on and if they lose it feels like a win cus you saved money
    Points Awarded:

TankHankerous gave Smoke 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.