nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Billy Walters sells home at Auction...

Sports betting legend sells home for $13M

Sports betting legend Billy Walters sold his nine acre estate in Rancho Sante Fe for $13 million at an auction in early September, according to UTSanDiego.com.

Walters' former property is 21,000-square-feet and is equipped with seven bedrooms, three half bathrooms, eight full bathrooms, tennis court, pool and a putting green, among other amenities. The estate's value makes it one of the highest prices secured for homes this year, per public records.

Walters recently made headlines due to an insider trading probe surrounding himself, professional golfer Phil Mickelson (who also lives in Rancho Sante Fe) and investor Carl Icahn, which was first reported by The Wall Street Journal.

After all three parties denied the report, The New York Times reported Mickelson's role was not nearly as significant as it was originally believed.

conciergeauctions.com/auctions/5425-los-mirlitos-street-rancho-santa-fe-california-92067/

THIS HOUSE IS INCREDIBLE!! Bought the house in 2010 for $8.5 mil, remodeled with another $7 million... WHY LEAVE???

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

guy is a crook

he would be broke if he did not make his money illegally

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    guy is a crook

he would be broke if he did not make his money illegally

Please splain Lucy.

nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    Please splain Lucy.
    Yes.. please explain???

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

What an amazing piece of real estate. Looks like a steal at $14m. Maybe Billy Walters is predicting the "big one" is on it's way.

yukomon
    yukomon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Many believe that Billy Walters made his fortune via sports betting but that is not the case. However, the sports betting industry like to tout that story to give hope for the hopeless gamblers.

It is true that Billy Walters was a very success full sports bettors (especially college games) before the internet got big but his methods are outdated and will not work. He did a shit ton of money in sports betting during those eras but it quickly stopped after few years as the books got smarter and the technology improved. He invested most of his winnings in real estate and that is where he made his fortune. Majority of his net worth gain came from his real estate investments. If he uses his sports betting model now, he would be lucky to break even.

This auction sale kind of makes me believe that he might be losing money, perhaps via gambling or stock/option trading. He paid 8 something million and spent another 6 or so million re-modelling, why the rush to sell it for loss?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

With today's technology Walters is nothing in the sports betting game

He made his money bookmaking and shady real estate deals

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Maybe he is putting it all on UGA -17 Saturday.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Maybe he is putting it all on UGA -17 Saturday.

Jarvoler clear your PMs

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

I heard he was waiting to play smu ml next week against ecu......

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    What an amazing piece of real estate. Looks like a steal at $14m. Maybe Billy Walters is predicting the "big one" is on it's way.
    Maybe he knows the market big CORRECTION is coming? Doesn't want to short anything cuz he's got eyes on him. Looking to make moves after the event.

warbux
    warbux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

word on the street is he stepped on some coke that wasnt his and some offshore bankers got pressed by cartel members and pointed the paper trail straight to the big whale himself. My guess is he paying up and paying up fast.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post

Jarvoler clear your PMs