chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

interesting tidbit on bengal-browns game

Seems a bunch of the bengals went to eat saturday night in cleveland. The brown fans kept talking shit and flashing the money sign. The bengals players did a silent stew. So every time they made a play; they flashed the money sign. WIsh i would of known that before the game. I guess people are giving Merle Hodge his due. If you remember he said that Johnny Football was at best a 6th round draft pick.

Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

Everyone knew he wouldn't do well. Way too small. And he had a beast o line and best WR at Texas A&M.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

a lot of people knew and bet cincinnati and teased cincinnati and all that was discussed on 3 threads here sunday. too bad if you missed out or got sucked in by the manziel hype.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

if you cannot throw from the pocket consistently u will not succeed in the nfl, period. wilson has a great running back, the best defense and is an aberration. he will eventually wear down. his numbers are not that good. manziere is not going to work as a franchise qb in the nfl, ever. he will be a circus act for a bit so enjoy it while it lasts.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

that's the problem... Johnny is too short to be a pocket passer

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Excellent post and so true

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    if you cannot throw from the pocket consistently u will not succeed in the nfl, period. wilson has a great running back, the best defense and is an aberration. he will eventually wear down. his numbers are not that good. manziere is not going to work as a franchise qb in the nfl, ever. he will be a circus act for a bit so enjoy it while it lasts.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

i had season tixs to bungals for 13 yrs so i was waiting for marvin to pull his marvin!

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Judge on one game...nice. How bout the fact that the rest of his team didn't show up? Receivers dropping balls, defense not trying, coordinator being so predictable with his play calls. Now who knows if he will succeed but if losers like Ryan Fitzpatrick and josh mccown can start in this league manziel can be better then those by far

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    that's the problem... Johnny is too short to be a pocket passer
    That's what they said about Drew Brees
    Points Awarded:

70kgman gave Monitor-Tan 300 Betpoint(s) for this post.

70kgman gave Monitor-Tan 120 Betpoint(s) for this post.

70kgman gave Monitor-Tan 275 Betpoint(s) for this post.

70kgman gave Monitor-Tan 174 Betpoint(s) for this post.

cburland10
    cburland10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 788

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Judge on one game...nice. How bout the fact that the rest of his team didn't show up? Receivers dropping balls, defense not trying, coordinator being so predictable with his play calls. Now who knows if he will succeed but if losers like Ryan Fitzpatrick and josh mccown can start in this league manziel can be better then those by far
    defense gave up? I think for being on the field 90% of the game they did ok.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Its not necessarily his height I dont think he can make NFL throws bottom line and to be able to read defenses, pull the trigger quick enough, have a strong enough arm and also be accurate is asking too much of him, but thats whats needed and I dont see it in him. Which is why I dont know why he was drafted 1st round, NFL has always been against everything he has to offer yet they draft him 1st round. In college if you dont see a guy sitting in the pocket being able to throw 25 times from the pocket and win games from the pocket why are you high on him doesnt make sense.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post

That's what they said about Drew Brees

we'll see about Johnny

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by cburland10 View Post
    defense gave up? I think for being on the field 90% of the game they did ok.
    they didnt make one stop the first couple drives. After that whatever the defense did do was a moot point because the game was well over