homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11138

Dumb soccer question: why does the market expect brazil to beat netherlands in 3rd pl

Brazil -141 at pinnacle and -140 at 5dimes

why does the market think a team that looked compleyely out of sorts and lost yday will find a way to put it together for saturday

soccer heads please chime in

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

home team playing for redemption they will want to go out on top at their home country. Also Netherlands played a day later then them and they played a full 120 minute game and their will be a fatigue factor. Also the Dutch have alot less interest in the game then the Brazillians as the penalty loss to the Argentinians were devastating for them. At least for Brazil their game was over by the 30th minute.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Netherlands played 2 straight games that went to PK's, not that scary offensively. Brazil playing for home pride and have the extra day off. Not a soccer guy, just the common sense stuff.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Netherlands are not that great of a team. Brazil wins this one easily

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    home team playing for redemption they will want to go out on top at their home country. Also Netherlands played a day later then them and they played a full 120 minute game and their will be a fatigue factor. Also the Dutch have alot less interest in the game then the Brazillians as the penalty loss to the Argentinians were devastating for them. At least for Brazil their game was over by the 30th minute.
    where was this yesterday vs Germany? they did not want to go out on top vs Germany in their home country?

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    netherlands not that great? they beat the shit out of defending champ Spain who dominated int'l competition from 2008 to 2012 but netherlands is not great? they made the 2010 WC final and then made the semi's this yr losing on PKs, but they are not that good?

really?

homie1975

no offense but you 3 guys gave me nothing i did not already know. i appreciate you chiming in though.

let's hear from some soccer heads who have watched WC 3rd place games over the years.

we know that in 2006 germany was the host but did not make the final. they did however make the 3rd place gm and they won it.

i am concerned that without neymar and silva, brasil is in horrible form right now

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post

i am concerned that without neymar and silva, brasil is in horrible form right now
    Silva is back for this upcoming game though, and it was pretty obvious how important he is defensively

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Do it for your country

Pride

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Silva is back for this upcoming game though, and it was pretty obvious how important he is defensively
    Good pt. i thought hed be out 2 gms

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Most likely reserves will play. Hunterlaar over useless RVP. Useless Jo over useless Fred and etc.

Doesn't really matter if Thiago Silva is playing. Their defence was still poor against the likes of Chile and Colombia. Will expect them to concede a goal.

mewalke11
    mewalke11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    What he said.

homie1975

Brazil is now -160 on 5dimes wow

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I think, in soccer 3rd is better than 1st, no?

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Van Gaal said there shouldn't be a 3rd place match in world cups and that they couldn't care less on an interview I saw a few days ago.

Probably a few pennies on Brazil regulation.

asdf21
    asdf21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

This is not a normal game. It's all about motivation. Netherlands coach already said they're very disappointed and want to leave the country as soon as possible. They absolutely don't care about this game. If they're down 0-1 ten minutes before end, they won't even be desperate to go for a goal so as to avoid extra time and possible injuries. Brazil are desperate to regain their dignity. However, they don't have enough quality to justify a play on them. Best play is under goals here.
    Last edited by asdf21; 07-12-14 at 10:22 AM.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Brazil isn't a great team either. Should be a fun game. Doubt the game will easily be won. Both teams want to win.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Brazil loses big once again

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I am on the Netherlands to win 3rd place.....and here is why.

When a country is favoured to win the championship any time, in a major sporting event and then they lose and have to play for 'pride' they usually get the shit kicked out of them. Look at Canada at the 2006 Winter Olympics in hockey.....there are many, many examples of this throughout sporting history.

Brazil has given up on this tournament, they want out of there badly. The Netherlands will want to take this occassion to beat Brazil in front of their home crowd and they are playing with ZERO pressure while the beat up Brazillians will feel like they 'should' win for the crowds....their hearts will not be in this match.

While I do not think Netherlands cruises here with a lopsided victory, I believe that Netherlands 2-1, possibly using ET or PKs is the most likely result.

homie1975

i am taking a mini-shot on "Netherlands to advance +150", which is available on 5dimes right now,

extremely small play due to the motivation factor of a 3rd place game, but getting 1.5 back on my money was worth a shot on a very good team playing the host country minus their biggest offensive weapon

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Brazil never lost back to back games. That's why. And Netherlands don't give a shit about this game.

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

The game is completely meaningless. Nobody cares about 3rd. You're either 1st or last. I don't think Netherlands even wants to win and piss everybody off. I'm not backing Brazil though just slamming the over. All the other games are 0-0 or 1-0 due to the mentality. This should be like an all star game with both teams scoring and surely they will not want extra time so 1-1 is completely out. 2-1 minimum final score. I'd say Brazil wins just because they are the host nation.

BobW
    BobW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 89

The Netherlands care about this game.

Cillessen; Kuyt, De Vrij, Vlaar, Martins Indi, Blind; Wijnaldum, Sneijder, Clasie; Robben, Van Persie

Only Nigel de Jong is missing, the other stars are playing.

MCherry281

If playing either side though just take the moneylines. They are both plus money for 90 mins. I can't see any possibility of a draw and extra time in a game Netherlands has already said they don't care about or want to play.

MCherry281

Quote Originally Posted by BobW View Post

Cillessen; Kuyt, De Vrij, Vlaar, Martins Indi, Blind; Wijnaldum, Sneijder, Clasie; Robben, Van Persie

A strong lineup doesn't mean much. I learned that with Bayern last year. They named a strong one in a meaningless home UCL match with Man City, went up 2-0 and lost. Same thing in meaningless home game with Dortmund as they lost 3-0 or something like that. Stong lineups do not mean the team will actually play hard.

bernardoGui
    Update your status
    bernardoGui's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Is this a confirmed lineup and if so, where did You get it?

Thanks!

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

The sbr market likes the Dutch.

BobW
    BobW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 89

Quote Originally Posted by bernardoGui View Post
    Is this a confirmed lineup and if so, where did You get it?

Thanks!
    The Dutch national press reported it (https://twitter.com/jackvangelder/st...24973320388609) so you can believe this line-up. Not officially on the FIFA website yet.

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    These quotes from the Dutch were taken directly after the lost semi final. They were frustrated but Van Gaal and the players said the past days they want to win this game and conclude this tournament positively. They don't want to lose two games in a row and they want to become the first Dutch team not to lose once on a World Cup (without penalty kicks)

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

The Dutch national press reported it (https://twitter.com/jackvangelder/st...24973320388609) so you can believe this line-up. Not officially on the FIFA website yet.

These quotes from the Dutch are taken directly after the lost semi final. They were frustrated but Van Gaal and the players said the past days they want to win this game and conclude this tournament positively. They don't want to lose two games in a row and they want to become the first Dutch team not to lose once on a World Cup (without penalty kicks)
    I tend to agree Bob. Just shedding a little light on why the market is where it is.

vasilli07

Brazil will be going home with their tails between their legs.

Holland starting XI

Cillessen, Kuijt, de Vrij, Vlaar, Martins Indi, Blind - Clasie Sneijder Wijnaldum - RvP Robben

vasilli07

Julio Cesar, Thiago Silva (c), David Luiz, Paulinho, Oscar, Maxwell, Ramires, Luis Gustavo, Willian, Jo, Maicon

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

i cant believe how stupid netherlands coach is, he fuked up letting that guy take the first penalty vs arg and then he says he doesnt give a fuk about this game, at this level with millions of people watching to say you dont give a fuk is really dumb

dumbass

addic3t
    Update your status
    addic3t's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5021

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Brazil -141 at pinnacle and -140 at 5dimes

why does the market think a team that looked compleyely out of sorts and lost yday will find a way to put it together for saturday

soccer heads please chime in
    This is why:

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Van Gaal said there shouldn't be a 3rd place match in world cups and that they couldn't care less on an interview I saw a few days ago.

Probably a few pennies on Brazil regulation.
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf21 View Post
    This is not a normal game. It's all about motivation. Netherlands coach already said they're very disappointed and want to leave the country as soon as possible. They absolutely don't care about this game. If they're down 0-1 ten minutes before end, they won't even be desperate to go for a goal so as to avoid extra time and possible injuries. Brazil are desperate to regain their dignity. However, they don't have enough quality to justify a play on them. Best play is under goals here.
    Peoples believe anything that is on internet and no clue.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I like Brazil lineup. All the players who underperformed vs Germany are benched. Coach sending a message about who is going to win this game for Brazil.

12 Last