BravesandMagic
    BravesandMagic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Has anyone ever not paid a bookie before?

Hypothetically speaking, if I owed a bookie 7k, and decided not pay up, what's the worst possible thing than can happen?? Anyone been in a similar situation?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Kill you or worse your family.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

A bookie won't kill you. If they kill you, how else are they going to get their money. They'll fukk your day up, though.

BravesandMagic
    BravesandMagic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Not gonna happen. This is 2011. Times have changed. Bookies don't do that anymore. LAW IS CRUEL

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Pay it back slowly

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    A bookie won't kill you. If they kill you, how else are they going to get their money. They'll fukk your day up, though.
    Set an example.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I hope you have a high paying job to pay a debt like that off.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

I know a guy who did exactly this and he thought he was in the clear until his house got broken into and everything got taken and/or destroyed.

So uhh yea let us know how that works out

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Not going to post my situation on the forum. Sorry

Giroux
    Giroux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7412

Most bookies are just like CC companies nowadays...willing to negotiate the debt, and work out plans if need be, and much like the CC companies, they just want to make sure you are not going to vanish. The only difference is bookies are usually more reasonable, and do not engage in predatory lending! And the interest is better!

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Mine would probably just cut me off and go about his biz.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

My bookie has thugs that he can't be connected with.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10764

No-however i did get screwed by one that owed me $4500 and never paid

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

that you nicky?...if so, you have already been told your new total is 10k and some folks from south carolina will be coming to virginia to visit you real soon champ.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

as long as u make an effort to pay,they usually work something out with u

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

they will put you on payments. unlike a CC company you must make the payments. you can stiff CC companies and they will do nothing but sell it to a collection agency who can do virtually nothing to collect. however, stiff the bookie and he will continue to hound you. leg breaking days are over but they will harass you in other ways. showing up at your job if you have one. dropping in on thanksgiving or christmas morning to say hello. embarass you in any way they can to get their dough. whitey bulger would drop you in the river but rarely does this happen today as long as you agree to and make the payments.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

he's gonna rough you up a bit when your late on a payment. You have no choice but to pay him unless a daily ass whoopin is something you like

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Not going to kill you because of jail for rest of their lives

Not really going to hit you because if they do you call police and they are done for 10 years

They might scare you

Those days are over using violence in this business because easiest way to get caught

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you have a car? You won't. Do you have a family? They won't be safe. Do you have anything of value? He'll take it.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Giroux View Post
    Most bookies are just like CC companies nowadays...willing to negotiate the debt, and work out plans if need be, and much like the CC companies, they just want to make sure you are not going to vanish. The only difference is bookies are usually more reasonable, and do not engage in predatory lending! And the interest is better!
    well-played/10

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This could also happen

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

Nothing happens my like 2 or 3 years ago gave my a bad line by 4.5 and I lost by .5 and didn't pay the prick and he told me he was "selling" my debt but still nothing happend

Buried_PIRATE
    Shaved my chest.
    Buried_PIRATE's Avatar Become A Pro!

welcome to the finger factory

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ive never been in that situation, but been on the other side. Only douchebags & coksukers dont honor their debts, and I make life rough on douchebags & coksukers

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68581

If you just "decide "not to pay him he will "decide" what course of action he will take.
    No one can accurately tell you what he is going to 'decide".

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

This reminds me of "Dirty Work" where chevy chase plays Dr Farthing.

"you know what I can't understand, let's say you owe a bookie 10,000 dollars and he shoots you in the foot, you still owe him the money, It just doesn't seem that fair to me"

"dr farthing , what happened to your arm?"
    "well it could be from sleeping on it the wrong way, or bookmakers throwing me out of a speeding car, anyways, Did you get the $$?"

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: texhooper

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by BravesandMagic View Post
    Not gonna happen. This is 2011. Times have changed. Bookies don't do that anymore. LAW IS CRUEL

That's right, times have changed. It's 2011 and a bookie isnt's stupid enough to rough you up in a public place in the middle of the day anymore. It's 2011, so they'll just wage a "jihad" on your ass. Maybe spray painting your house and dumping sugar in your gas tank in the middle of the night for starters. You're fukkin buried pal.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

You can always do a preemptive strike and take care of your problem.

Aussiecapper101
    LeTs GeT BuSY
    Aussiecapper101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Good topic bro, I never been in that position but I'm sure theres peeps holding back on some real good stories

HotStreak
    Smokin'
    HotStreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

Some people will still fuk you up; however, I'd say it's -800 no one does a thing. Keep in mind though that every now and then a big dog wins outright and playing heavy chalk becomes very painful.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

my buddy is a bookie he has clients that owe him 5k and 3k repectfully there is nothing he can do about it. Sadly people have no honor anymore

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod124 View Post
    my buddy is a bookie he has clients that owe him 5k and 3k repectfully there is nothing he can do about it. Sadly people have no honor anymore
    Thats bullshit! I was a bookie for years. Very few got into me for more than 2K and the large majority paid it all off

I remember one guy who got tired of buying recap tires every week so he decided to just make his payments to me

ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

If he doesnt know where you live, or anything about your friends or family.... well then they really have no course of action. So if you dont want to pay up, oh well. People can talk about honour and whatnot, and the fact you entered an agreement.
    Well at the same time, a bookie is knowingly engaged in an illegal activity, no different from a drug dealer... so A) Its not like they can turn to the courts for payment and B) must expect to deal with shady characters such as yourself.

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by ChileCheese View Post
    If he doesnt know where you live, or anything about your friends or family.... well then they really have no course of action. So if you dont want to pay up, oh well. People can talk about honour and whatnot, and the fact you entered an agreement.
    Well at the same time, a bookie is knowingly engaged in an illegal activity, no different from a drug dealer... so A) Its not like they can turn to the courts for payment and B) must expect to deal with shady characters such as yourself.
    thats why I got to know someone & they had to be recommended before I took their action. I mean, I didnt get the addresses of their kids schools or anyfukinthing, but people knew not to try to fuk me, I could make your life fukin miserable even down to not being able to go to a bar & order a drink.

ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    thats why I got to know someone & they had to be recommended before I took their action. I mean, I didnt get the addresses of their kids schools or anyfukinthing, but people knew not to try to fuk me, I could make your life fukin miserable even down to not being able to go to a bar & order a drink.
    You do seem like an intelligent poster Profit, so its no shock you took precautions in your business dealings. But Im sure a lot of bookies dont think straight... just a question of which one OP has to deal with today.

12 Last