Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

My least favorite NBA announcer is back. Hand down man down Mama there goes that man!

This guy is the king of new catch phrases that don't catch. He's like the kid that starts talking in the middle of the conversation and no one knows what to say after... They just wait him out for commercial or for the game to resume. I always liked Jeff Van Gundy because he never made fun of him or took cheap shots but always wanted to see his face when Mark starts saying random shit. I think he turns his head away and looks something like this...

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

That sounds racist, bill

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're watching the NBA ... you deserve whatever you get for that. I wish they would banish Gus Johnson to NBA games only. I'd never hear him again and I'd love it.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

i actually liked the mama there goes that man' thing....

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

now gus johnson is catching hate, jesus....to hell with this thread!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

reported for the racist undertones that are really over tones

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Bang!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Watch it on mute and play some rap music on your stereo.

thats how you keep it trill.
    Points Awarded:

KRIT gave Big Bear 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BCC585 gave Big Bear 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trevor123698

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Hand down, man down.

blstrick5
    blstrick5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

Well you obviously have never heard Dominique Wilkins call a game. Atrocious.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7882

God Bill I hadn't thought about this. I hope to god someone hires him to do something so he doesn't go back to calling games. Maybe he'll get studio work or something, that would beat a whole game of his bullshit. Funny how I used to hate Jackson and JVG, then once Jackson was gone I realized Jeff was a pretty damn good in-game analyst. It was Jackson who ruined everything. I call it the Jesse Palmer effect. No matter who you put him with, he will bring the others in the booth down to his level

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Chris anderson is gonna love this he already has shaq now van gundy will do the mama there goes that birdman stuff again

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

They can just bring Bill Walton back!

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    God Bill I hadn't thought about this. I hope to god someone hires him to do something so he doesn't go back to calling games. Maybe he'll get studio work or something, that would beat a whole game of his bullshit. Funny how I used to hate Jackson and JVG, then once Jackson was gone I realized Jeff was a pretty damn good in-game analyst. It was Jackson who ruined everything. I call it the Jesse Palmer effect. No matter who you put him with, he will bring the others in the booth down to his level
    Agreed. JVG is great. He and Jackson stayed in pissing contests. JVG is better without having to defend himself to Jackson.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jackson got run out of GS because they did not like the ghetto attitude he has

Kerr has class and respects authority

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by blstrick5 View Post
    Well you obviously have never heard Dominique Wilkins call a game. Atrocious.
    Where does he commentate? Gotta be the radio or KCBC30 in Atlanta or something. Never heard him.

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Right. What's Jeff gonna do though, ignore him? Now that he has been a player AND a coach he is really gonna think he knows stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Chris anderson is gonna love this he already has shaq now van gundy will do the mama there goes that birdman stuff again
    Shaq is terrible on TNT. Dude never had a chance though. They don't talk to him. If they do they give first crack at it to Charles and then Kenny counters that and then as if there is a third side to it they say, Oh Shaq, what do you think. Uhhh I agree with Chu-enny.

I always wondered why they sit him on the end like that. When EJ looks at Kenny or Charles, Shaq isnt in the shot. He could be eating dinner over there and we wouldn't see it. When they are talking to Shaq, they pan out so we can see who is about to interrupt him.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    I always wondered why they sit him on the end like that. When EJ looks at Kenny or Charles, Shaq isnt in the shot. He could be eating dinner over there and we wouldn't see it. When they are talking to Shaq, they pan out so we can see who is about to interrupt him.
    Right you are. Whenever I see that TNT "panel", I always think what would Kenny Powers do if he were Shaq ? Still, Barkley is obviously wittier and smarter than Shaq, and I am not even sure that Shaq realizes that he has a pretty limited role on that panel. But I'll take the TNT panel and announcers any day over the douchebags they have on ESPN/ABC.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Whatever you think of Mark Jackson, The NBA has the best announcers of any major sport in the States. Remember Fox is carrying the world series this year with Joe Buck and Tim mcCarver and the ton of poor nfl announcing isnt that far away either. I love some local baseball like the Braves and vin scully with the dodgers, tons of great local mlb announcers, and I like tbs coverage of the playoffs , but fox baseball is atrocious.

The NBA is a great product because they have some of the best announcers in the world, Marv Albert,Van Gundy, Hubie Brown, Doris Burke,Mike Breen and Charles Barkley at half.

These are the salad days for announcing with the NHL and NBA, I would rate the major sports for announcing with nba as the best announcers and nhl playoffs up there as well at the top with Doc Emrick and the NFL and MLB as the worst announcers for playoffs and the always uncomfortable viewing of the NFL Fox halftime.

The Best

NBA Marv Albert, Van Gundy, Hubie Brown!!! ,Doris Burke, Mike Breen

NHL Doc Emrick!!! Eddie Olczyk John Forslund

Hard to remember Howard Cosell and the glory days of monday night football but I would put Chris Collingsworth and NBC Sunday night football at the top of the list for commentary but most NFL commentary is painful. MLB has some great local announcers but the MLB world series is atrocious.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

He must be a better announcer than a coach Bill

At least he has a job now.

jjgold

Van Gundy/Mark Jackson are a good team though I was listening yesterday and they were pretty good

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

jackson seemed much toned down yesterday. i miss the hand down man down actually

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Whatever you think of Mark Jackson, The NBA has the best announcers of any major sport in the States. Remember Fox is carrying the world series this year with Joe Buck and Tim mcCarver and the ton of poor nfl announcing isnt that far away either. I love some local baseball like the Braves and vin scully with the dodgers, tons of great local mlb announcers, and I like tbs coverage of the playoffs , but fox baseball is atrocious.

The NBA is a great product because they have some of the best announcers in the world, Marv Albert,Van Gundy, Hubie Brown, Doris Burke,Mike Breen and Charles Barkley at half.

These are the salad days for announcing with the NHL and NBA, I would rate the major sports for announcing with nba as the best announcers and nhl playoffs up there as well at the top with Doc Emrick and the NFL and MLB as the worst announcers for playoffs and the always uncomfortable viewing of the NFL Fox halftime.

The Best

Hard to remember Howard Cosell and the glory days of monday night football but I would put Chris Collingsworth and NBC Sunday night football at the top of the list for commentary but most NFL commentary is painful. MLB has some great local announcers but the MLB world series is atrocious.
    Hubie Brown is so good to listen to. Mike Breen not so much.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by hotelis View Post
    Hubie Brown is so good to listen to. Mike Breen not so much.
    Agree. Hubie is my all time favorite. The only gripe I have is everyone talks like him now. He always says "Now, if your the Spurs, here, you have to watch out for the back door to the post..." He'd take us inside from a coach's mind. Now everyone from Reggie Miller to Greg Anthony: "If youre the Clippers, you gots ta focus" or "If you're the Nuggets, you gotta play basketball!". Ya dude, break it down for me. Shower us with knowledge.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post

Right you are. Whenever I see that TNT "panel", I always think what would Kenny Powers do if he were Shaq ? Still, Barkley is obviously wittier and smarter than Shaq, and I am not even sure that Shaq realizes that he has a pretty limited role on that panel. But I'll take the TNT panel and announcers any day over the douchebags they have on ESPN/ABC.
    Yea, they had a good thing goin but they want to shake it up I guess. Just not enough time for 4 guys to talk. It's starting to be like the view. EJ is Barbara Walters.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    He must be a better announcer than a coach Bill

At least he has a job now.
    That's true. We helped that unemployment #.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Coached like he announces...unintelligent garble that has nothing to do with basketball.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

These playoffs are the salad days for pro sports as far as announcing , NBA has tons of greats like,Marv Albert, Hubie Brown,Reggie Miller,Doris Burke, Van Gundy. NHL has Doc Emrick ,Eddie Olczyk, John Forslund.

I love baseball and football but the NFL on Fox is crap. College football is better, you have Brent Musberger and espn gameday, alot better than NFL, excluding sunday night on nbc. NFL used to have Cosell and Al Michaels doing monday night football, NFL Today with Musberger, Irv Cross,Madden ,even "The Greek" Jimmy Snyder, once CBS lost the NFC and fox took over it declined, losing Pat Summerall was the death blow. Now we have Fox NFL show which always awkward to watch

College basketball has some greats Dick Vitale, Jay Bilas, Bill Raftery and the "dagger". Enjoy Bob Costas the good local mlb commentary with vin scully etc. while it lasts, pro baseball will have Fox and Joe Buck and Tim McCarver doing the world series.
    Last edited by gregm; 05-20-14 at 01:20 AM.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Gus Johnson is awesome

Dddaaayylliigghhtt!!

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20370

I kind of like Bill Walton, he is a good laugh. Smoke some weed and watch a Bill Walton commentated game, it's good comedy.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I kind of like Bill Walton, he is a good laugh. Smoke some weed and watch a Bill Walton commentated game, it's good comedy.
    NOT
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Cuse0323

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post

The Best

I always thought Joe Morgan was awesome on Sunday Night Baseball. Then he went and exposed himself for the completely arrogant self promoting asshole he really is. Not to mention he rips the sport that made him every chance he gets.

Buck can go drown in a toilet any time he's ready.

jjgold

Walton knows the game, I can deal with Jackson as long as they do not joke too much, a little is fine.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3521

Im probably the only one that enjoys Reggie Miller as a commentator

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20370

Bill Raftery lol

ONIONS!!!

Points Awarded:

Bill Dozer gave KRIT 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Im probably the only one that enjoys Reggie Miller as a commentator

Literally the only guy that will cause me to mute a game. Knows nothing, acts like he knows it all. Consistently wrong.