BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Agree. I do not think he has the talent, but he may made the taxi squad or the Kickoff/Return teams. That is about all he is worth.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3533

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    He kissed his boyfriend. If he was straight, he would have kissed his girlfriend, as many players have done when they have received such a call. What the fukk do you care who he kisses? Unless you're the one he's kissing I can't imagine it would have much of an impact on your life.
    People don't want to see that shit,and in the end the fan is what keeps ESPN going.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3533

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    If he doesn't make the 53 man roster....there will be a cry of homophobia. I don't see him making the NFL transition from his college position as well as his lofty numbers came on the crappy teams on the schedule not against the greater linemen. He'll be outplayed on the practice field and once he gets the call to turn in the playbook and head home - he will file a suit and ask for $12M for his distress.

The best thing to have done here if he really wanted to prove himself was parlay his defensive awards and reputation ion college into the draft and if he did make the roster and gets known in the league, THEN come out of the closet. Would be taken a lot more seriously then and based on merit. That being said, I'm still against anyones choice of sex acts being discussed in the same debate about playing. Crazy that its gotten as much attention as it has.
    If the guy can't play,I can't see a team keeping him for to long,they may get habit of backlash for a little bit but it'll die down once theres a new story to talk about.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    People don't want to see that shit,and in the end the fan is what keeps ESPN going.
    And gay people probably dont want to see a guy kissing his girlfriend. Ban it all or let it fly.

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2132

Just so sick of sexual preferance being a central issue.....I just dont care. Being a rams fan, I hope he can contribute something on the field I could care less what/who he does off the field.
    Whle I commend his courage, I am looking forward more to is on the field play. Was this a good value pick in 6th rd?

Microbetter
    Microbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13606

Quote Originally Posted by DISTROYA View Post
    Just so sick of sexual preferance being a central issue.....I just dont care. Being a rams fan, I hope he can contribute something on the field I could care less what/who he does off the field.
    Whle I commend his courage, I am looking forward more to is on the field play. Was this a good value pick in 6th rd?
    It was a 7th rd. compensatory pick. Basically a pick that couldn't be traded for some other player. A mop up pick. Either Sam or some other low level player.

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Poor Jeff Fisher
    Oprah funding a reality show
    'Soft Knocks'

Microbetter
    Microbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13606

I thought it was "Hardon Knocks".

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

And gay people probably dont want to see a guy kissing his girlfriend. Ban it all or let it fly.
    Yeah but a guy kissing a girl leads to children. A guy kissing a guy leads to AIDS and anal cancer
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoneylineExpress

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Yeah but a guy kissing a girl leads to children.
    Who do you think adopts the children that straight people throw out?

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

This is a fair point. I would guess that media outlets believe (as polls suggest) that people will continue to become more accepting of gay marriage, homosexuality, etc. and they want to be seen as being ahead of the curve.

True
    http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...-sex-marriage/

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Who do you think adopts the children that straight people throw out?
    Other straight people. Only about 4% of adoptions are by a head of household who is gay, so adoptions by gay couples would be even less than that.

Also, adoption is more prevalent by lesbian couples than gay male couples, and we are discussing guys kissing guys, so it's an even smaller percentage of adoption
    Last edited by TheCentaur; 05-17-14 at 01:26 AM.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Other straight people. Only about 4% of adoptions are by a head of household who is gay, so adoptions by gay couples would be even less than that.

Where are you getting that stat? I'm seeing something much different.

TheCentaur

This is a fair point. I would guess that media outlets believe (as polls suggest) that people will continue to become more accepting of gay marriage, homosexuality, etc. and they want to be seen as being ahead of the curve.
    I mean, it's possible

I just think it's far more likely that these media outlets are full of gays, liberals, and unscrupulous individuals who want to change a society that they don't like or aren't making enough money off of.

TheCentaur

Where are you getting that stat? I'm seeing something much different.
    I saw it at 2 separate sites...I will post links when I find it again

http://www.adoptivefamilies.com/articles.php?aid=2321/ (2nd paragraph)

I'm still trying to find the other one
    Last edited by TheCentaur; 05-17-14 at 01:42 AM.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

http://www.adoptivefamilies.com/articles.php?aid=2321/ (2nd paragraph)

I'm still trying to find the other one
    What am I missing, Cent? That makes it seem much higher than 4%.

TheCentaur

What am I missing, Cent? That makes it seem much higher than 4%.
    How so? If you are referring to the 19% number, that is percentage of gay couples having an adopted child. The 4% is the percentage of all adopted children, and only a portion of that 4% are with male gay couples

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

How so? If you are referring to the 19% number, that is percentage of gay couples having an adopted child. The 4% is the percentage of all adopted children, and only a portion of that 4% are with male gay couples
    I am talking about gay couples. I guess I didn't understand you are were talking about gay men, without including women.

TheCentaur

I am talking about gay couples. I guess I didn't understand you are were talking about gay men, without including women.
    No, I am too. 4% of all adopted children live in homes where the head of household (this includes single homosexuals, lesbian couples, and gay male couples) is gay or lesbian. The majority of the couples that have those adopted children are lesbian couples, so that would mean gay male couples account for probably < 1% of adopted children

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I hope this Michael Sam kid tanks. I don't care if you're gay, straight, a trisexual, or whatever... no need for the hype to be drafted in the NFL. No need for this in sports period.

Wait until some dude hates gays that's eyeing him on a play and the kid gets his blocked knocked off. Will he cry?

Guy drafted in the 7th round gets this much attention? What a joke this media is.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Watching Jim Rome's show and DL Hughley is on talking about Sam and says he cracked the hell up at the irony that the first gay player was drafted by a team called "the Rams" and hoped it would have been the Packers or Browns
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

First 1234