Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5626

UFC - What will it take to beat Jon Bones Jones

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Good article. I actually think Glover would be Jon Jones about 20%-25% of the time inside the distance. Glover has savageness and aggression at a level that Jones has never faced. I also believe that once the fighters mystique gets changed it opens the door for other fighters to come in and replicate that. Alexander did reveal how to beat Jon Jones.

Look at Lyoto Machida back in the day he was unbelievable in fighters were essentially intimidated by him. Shogun destroyed that mystique and since that time Machida's code has been cracked. He's still a great fighter, but he's not the "unbeatable man" he was. I do think that Jon Jones's code has been cracked. And I do think that either Glover, Daniel Cormier or Alexander will beat him in the next 12 months.

Swinging Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    Good article. I actually think Glover would be Jon Jones about 20%-25% of the time inside the distance. Glover has savageness and aggression at a level that Jones has never faced. I also believe that once the fighters mystique gets changed it opens the door for other fighters to come in and replicate that. Alexander did reveal how to beat Jon Jones.

Look at Lyoto Machida back in the day he was unbelievable in fighters were essentially intimidated by him. Shogun destroyed that mystique and since that time Machida's code has been cracked. He's still a great fighter, but he's not the "unbeatable man" he was. I do think that Jon Jones's code has been cracked. And I do think that either Glover, Daniel Cormier or Alexander will beat him in the next 12 months.
    Well said Calc. I agree that once a fighter's aura of invincibility has been shattered it gives other fighters confidence that they wouldn't have otherwise had. The next 12 months will be interesting and Jonny's fights aren't going to be easy from here on as the Light Heavyweight division is getting stacked.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

After Jones' next fight, I will probably bet against him 3 fights that follow.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

gustufssen careered it to hang in there and that overachieving wont happen again....cormier the only guy that can beat him, but the reach adv. for jbj will be very tough to overcome...but i can def see cormier getting him to the ground and beating him up... nobody else in that div. can beat him. imo

Swinging Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    gustufssen careered it to hang in there and that overachieving wont happen again....cormier the only guy that can beat him, but the reach adv. for jbj will be very tough to overcome...but i can def see cormier getting him to the ground and beating him up... nobody else in that div. can beat him. imo
    If the fight does hit the mat, DC is done.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

I actually think Glover has a good chance to beat Jones. The line is way off, it won't be as easy for Jones fighting a game Texeira.

Swinging Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    I actually think Glover has a good chance to beat Jones. The line is way off, it won't be as easy for Jones fighting a game Texeira.
    Where do you see an advantage for Texeira and how do you envision him winning?

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    If the fight does hit the mat, DC is done.
    lolz...how do you figure... if dc takes him down, his gnp is brutal... i dont think you realize he was/is one of the best wrestlers in the world and easily the hardest puncher now in the div.