ZNC
    ZNC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

Career Sports Betting

Let's say you had 5K only to start. Can a guy really make a living with 9 hours work a day on it? Youtube has got some videos on guys that apparently do it....

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24993

No. Most obvious reason = almost no scalping/middling anymore. So, risk involved. Can't pick winners - will tapout soon.

ZNC

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    No. Most obvious reason = almost no scalping/middling anymore. So, risk involved. Can't pick winners - will tapout soon.
    Well I didn't say a man could live well. But I think a smart man who actually Does the 9 hours a day on it could pull $2000 a month. Won't be living pretty but could sustain I bet! Would be a scary life though I think.

zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

why would 9 hours a day matter? It takes about an hour and a half to put together a good pick and then only a simple app on your phone that updates you when the lines move…then lock it in when you feel comfortable?

Whats the other 7.5 hours going to help??? Doesn't make sense and no you need way more than 5k to start any sort of business. let alone one sports betting.

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Anybody can do anything. That's a proven fact. Highly unlikely but in all actuality anything can be done.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

NO

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Lol are you trying to ask if you can quit your job and be a professional bettor?

ZNC

Quote Originally Posted by zacher View Post
    why would 9 hours a day matter? It takes about an hour and a half to put together a good pick and then only a simple app on your phone that updates you when the lines move…then lock it in when you feel comfortable?

Whats the other 7.5 hours going to help??? Doesn't make sense and no you need way more than 5k to start any sort of business. let alone one sports betting.
    That is valid point. I think an hour 1/2 is too little though. 4 hours would prolly get a guy settled. You may be dismissing too easily.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

I guess gambling has been my career for the last couple months. Acl surgery put me on a comp nearly 24/7 w nothing else to do but wait for disability checks and bet games. I have bet stupid shit all day and night long. My answer yes it is possible. You would need to be very skilled and dedicated. Livebetting is a place where you could hedge/middle...maybe even a few times a game.

Can i do it? penetrate no! I've been hot i been cold i made good bets i made dumb bets ive been selective ive bet cricket cuz it was only thing on. Im up like 1000 in 2 months but that figure can go anywhere. $100 a week isnt going to pay the bills.

ZNC

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Lol are you trying to ask if you can quit your job and be a professional bettor?
    Yes. Perceptive much?

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Smh. Asians.

Don't eat the yellow snow.

inrenokid
    inrenokid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

What you need is to not work off your 5 k but use it to grow a bank roll much bigger, then start paying yourself. Also test self, if can make a profit per month, you need expenses over 5 g and avg bet 500

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14781

You can do it with $2,700.00 & a set of balls.
    Gotta learn the difference between 2nd halves & Full Games but, you're gettin' there!

ZNC

Quote Originally Posted by inrenokid View Post
    What you need is to not work off your 5 k but use it to grow a bank roll much bigger, then start paying yourself. Also test self, if can make a profit per month, you need expenses over 5 g and avg bet 500
    I think avg. bet $40 to $80 will get $2000 a month with 4 hours works. But that's playing safe, I think 6 hours is better. I was incorrect to say 9, I will admit. Only so much math you can run.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

I don't wanna work 6-9 hours to "maybe" make money.... If I can just work a job and for sure make money while also gambling.
    I don't think 6 hours is needed at all, but I also don't think 40 to 80 dollar bets will get you there. You would have to bet tons of games a week to make a good profit there.

ZNC

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    I don't wanna work 6-9 hours to "maybe" make money.... If I can just work a job and for sure make money while also gambling.
    I don't think 6 hours is needed at all, but I also don't think 40 to 80 dollar bets will get you there. You would have to bet tons of games a week to make a good profit there.
    Another valid point. You certainly can't quit the day job. But you have to admit it's an interesting concept. Crunch the numbers, 40-80 could get you there. Would be very close for $2000 a month.... That's why I push the hours on the math. You defy me on the work time on the math consistently and u don't know why. There is proof it can be done. Worlds most famous NBA bettor only does three games a night.

burmaldo
    burmaldo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3642

What the heck does staring at stats for 9 hours have to do with some scrub off the bench sinking 2 free throws to cover the spread or not at the end of a game... lol...so if you finish looking at the card in 2 hours... what then hell are you going to do for the next 7 hours... sit there and keep reading pointless articles on teams that will only lead to second guess i you're original gut feeling and lean on a game... absurd

ZNC

Quote Originally Posted by burmaldo View Post
    What the heck does staring at stats for 9 hours have to do with some scrub off the bench sinking 2 free throws to cover the spread or not at the end of a game... lol...so if you finish looking at the card in 2 hours... what then hell are you going to do for the next 7 hours... sit there and keep reading pointless articles on teams that will only lead to second guess i you're original gut feeling and lean on a game... absurd
    Run more numbers for next 7 Sir. You will lose for sure, but spread over a weeks worth of work ( if you actually do the damn work) You will win. This is not blackjack bud.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by ZNC View Post
    Run more numbers for next 7 Sir. You will lose for sure, but spread over a weeks worth of work ( if you actually do the damn work) You will win. This is not blackjack bud.
    Lmao no need for 7 hours of "running numbers"

timbaland99
    timbaland99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Before you start your career betting on sports, start off with learning how to fix your avatar

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeaBJ View Post
    I guess gambling has been my career for the last couple months. Acl surgery put me on a comp nearly 24/7 w nothing else to do but wait for disability checks and bet games. I have bet stupid shit all day and night long. My answer yes it is possible. You would need to be very skilled and dedicated. Livebetting is a place where you could hedge/middle...maybe even a few times a game.

Can i do it? penetrate no! I've been hot i been cold i made good bets i made dumb bets ive been selective ive bet cricket cuz it was only thing on. Im up like 1000 in 2 months but that figure can go anywhere. $100 a week isnt going to pay the bills.
    How would u get disability checks from an acl surgery? Did u mean unemployment checks?

ZNC

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    How would u get disability checks from an acl surgery? Did u mean unemployment checks?
    Bahahahaha!!!!!! I don't like you sir!!! I just laughed so hard the beer came out my nose and burned rather sufficiently. I would also like to exactly what kind of checks he's getting. Haven't heard of many disabled people getting ACL surgery.

professionalAD
    professionalAD's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do.

burmaldo
    burmaldo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3642

lol.
    . And running numbers for 9 hours a day doesnt mean you'll become a winning sports bettor.... Bud

professionalAD

i should say.. i want to badly.. really thinkin of going pro when i make my move to miami next winter

ZNC

Quote Originally Posted by burmaldo View Post
    lol.
    . And running numbers for 9 hours a day doesnt mean you'll become a winning sports bettor.... Bud
    But there is proof guys are doing it! Why would't the work pay off?

professionalAD

ZNC lets live the dream bro

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3739

Let's say you had 5K only to start. Can a guy really make a living with 9 hours work a day on it? Youtube has got some videos on guys that apparently do it....
    Post a link to these videos if you will...

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Nope temporary disability fund. Private fund not through the state but through my union. Union benefits....got to love them.

sbavi
    Update your status
    sbavi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Depends upon the books you have access to.If you have Betfair,then yes.It can be done and 9 hours a day is way too much.

An hour on weekdays and 3-4 hours on weekends is enough.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Anyone trying to bet sports for a living you will be flat broke unless you have

100k bankroll
    live in vegas
    have access to pinnacle and matchbook

if not you end up FLAT BROKE

Sports betting is all random

ProlificalD
    Update your status
    ProlificalD's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess this topic come up on these forums regularly....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Anyone trying to bet sports for a living you will be flat broke unless you have

100k bankroll
    live in vegas
    have access to pinnacle and matchbook

if not you end up FLAT BROKE

Sports betting is all random
    This is pretty much it.

50K bankroll minimum and some years of winning records just to think about quitting your day job...even if your day job is for minimum wage. The way your time is allotted towards betting is a different story....you could be "working" 50+ hour weeks.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10400

No scalping really sucks compared to years ago

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Working will always beat gambling 10000% of the time
    Most people do not have the tools to be successful

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21749

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    This.

10 years ago, I can confidently say yes.

12 Last