SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Gold Bugs only. Did you know?

If all the discovered & mined gold in the world was round up it would fit in 3(three)- 18 wheelers? Haven't calculated how many locomotives it would take to pull one. I would guess it may be two.

The current "hard cost" to mine an ounce of gold on average is in the mid $950 range.

On to the trade pit:
    Yesterday Citi came out and said...(I'll paste it)
    “We would rather be too early than too late in making this call.”

And with that, analysts at Citi moved their 12-month view on (gold) and the mining sector to bullish for the first time in three years.

Still think the downward momentum could carry us near book value(cost to extract). If I didn't already have a position I would nibble in this $1240 range. The strategy would be buy some now, be ready to buy at lower prices but not be left out if we have already put the lows in.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Thanks for the common knowledge

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Thanks for the common knowledge
    WeLLL did you know Old McDonald was a poor speller Mr Smarty???

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    If all the discovered & mined gold in the world was round up it would fit in 3(three)- 18 wheelers? Haven't calculated how many locomotives it would take to pull one. I would guess it may be two.

The current "hard cost" to mine an ounce of gold on average is in the mid $950 range.

On to the trade pit:

And with that, analysts at Citi moved their 12-month view on (gold) and the mining sector to bullish for the first time in three years.

Still think the downward momentum could carry us near book value(cost to extract). If I didn't already have a position I would nibble in this $1240 range. The strategy would be buy some now, be ready to buy at lower prices but not be left out if we have already put the lows in.
    DOT limits at 80k pounds.

1,280,000 oz would fit in a trailer making the grand total 3,840,000 oz total. Are we talking gross limited weight or no. Need fukkin details here.

Cause of that's true you're saying there is only just under 5 billion in gold worldwide?

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    DOT limits at 80k pounds.

1,280,000 oz would fit in a trailer making the grand total 3,840,000 oz total. Are we talking gross limited weight or no. Need fukkin details here.

Cause of that's true you're saying there is only just under 5 billion in gold worldwide?
    I figured a little less than 8 billion. So that would be about a 60 foot cube. May take 3.5 or just throw the odd amount in the cab.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

I figured a little less than 8 billion. So that would be about a 60 foot cube. May take 3.5 or just throw the odd amount in the cab.
    Thanks for Pardoning Pabinator and then not letting him play poker What a dick move...

Nobody knows how much gold there is...

For the same reason you ban people like Pabinator just because he isn't on any of your sheets...

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Actually there is way more gold then you believe. Gold is not only vital here but also for some other planets being not found there. The world's largest nugget has not been found nor largest mine/deposit.

Biggest and fastest profit is copper but found to be extremely heavy. Pennies on ebay including all years can be purchase half of their value and way below that. Spending $200 daily instantly returns me at least $600 or above daily. There is many hours involved though if not hoarding.

SBR_John
    Wisky

No shat?

You can buy pennys at half the value of the metal? Do you smelt them or what?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29090

Way more gold than that in the world. Actually those hypos aren't even close imo.

Of course we are all just guessing but interesting thought

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

All known gold.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post
    Actually there is way more gold then you believe. Gold is not only vital here but also for some other planets being not found there. The world's largest nugget has not been found nor largest mine/deposit.

Biggest and fastest profit is copper but found to be extremely heavy. Pennies on ebay including all years can be purchase half of their value and way below that. Spending $200 daily instantly returns me at least $600 or above daily. There is many hours involved though if not hoarding.
    So who is buying your copper?

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

GOLD mirrors Iowa farmland

Expecting a 10-15% drop in farmland for 2014, hold off on gold buying until Halloween.

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

A little secret,there is a company named Polymet Mining ''symbol PLM'' selling at just under a dollar a share that is getting approval to mine a huge claim in northern Minnesota that is one of the biggest gold reserves ever in the USA along with copper nickel and many other non ferrous metals.Some mining engineers in the know are saying it's got a bigger reserve than the old Homestake mine in Lead,South Dakota.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    GOLD mirrors Iowa farmland

Expecting a 10-15% drop in farmland for 2014, hold off on gold buying until Halloween.
    Corn sales go boom?Lol........

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Heres a info-graphic that includes all the gold ever mined.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

I can believe it. Look at Parker Schnabel. Damn dude goes a whole season mining dat der gold, just to barely pay off his expenses. Don't really make it seem much worth now, does it?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

On to the trade pit:

An 18 wheeler can only carry 80,000 lbs. A bar of gold weighs 27.4 pounds. You can only put 2919 bars of gold in an 18 wheeler even though there is more room.

The amount of all gold mined is 171,000 tons. So you will need 4,275 18 wheelers to move it and not just 3.

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

One of my fave sites has the marginal cost of gold at b/w $1,250 and $1,300 (incl. CAPEX).

Linkage: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-1...oduction-costs

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Great graphic byronbb. Thanks!

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    An 18 wheeler can only carry 80,000 lbs. A bar of gold weighs 27.4 pounds. You can only put 2919 bars of gold in an 18 wheeler even though there is more room.

The amount of all gold mined is 171,000 tons. So you will need 4,275 18 wheelers to move it and not just 3.
    I didnt say you could move it it, in fact I said you would need a couple of locomotives for that. " Haven't calculated how many locomotives it would take to pull one. I would guess it may be two."

The point being there is not a lot of it. Up another $7 today btw.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The problem is not the 18 wheeler or the locomotive. The problem is the bridges. You can only have 16 tons per axle and 4 tons for the cab. So if you use a locomotive you will steel need to put the gold in 4725 railroad cars to spread the load out else if you put it all 171000 tons in 2 locomotives you will collapse the first bridge you try to go over.

Have you ever seen a locomotive pulling 4725 railroad cars or even half of them?