TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Wow, how did I forget this?

Anyone else think its bullshit that Paterno had to vacate all of the wins from 1998-2011? WTF sense does that make? What NCAA rule did he break? I've never heard of vacating games for poor MORALS AWAY FROM THE GAME

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

There were no poor morals away from the game. I see ignorance is still running rampant. I hate this retarded country.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

But I'm not going to argue on the internet about it. Stupid will always prevail over facts and 50 years of Success with Honor.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    There were no poor morals away from the game. I see ignorance is still running rampant. I hate this retarded country.
    wtf man, I'm saying your school shouldn't have been stripped of those wins

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

But I'm not going to argue on the internet about it. Stupid will always prevail over facts and 50 years of Success with Honor.
    Pedo state gtfo.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

50 years of Success with Honor.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Then haul your dumbass out of this "retarded" country asap, pal.

The biggest ignorance would be you staying somewhere you hate....when you're free to go.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Vacating wins is the stupidest rule of NCAA and trust me they have plenty of stupid rules.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

None of us will ever know what really happened but it's fair to say Paterno did not do enough. The NCAA came down way too hard on them however because Joe died, Scumdusky went to jail, and the President left.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Anyone else think its bullshit that Paterno had to vacate all of the wins from 1998-2011? WTF sense does that make? What NCAA rule did he break? I've never heard of vacating games for poor MORALS AWAY FROM THE GAME
    what rule did he break? I don't like to talk behind someone thats dead but guy turned a blind eye on child molestation. Their is no reasonable excuse for his behavior.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    what rule did he break? I don't like to talk behind someone thats dead but guy turned a blind eye on child molestation. Their is no reasonable excuse for his behavior.
    is that really in the NCAA handbook? I mean come on

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

This is new news?

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Poor morals? Seems like putting what happened lightly.

Poor judgment on the part of Peen St.? Absolutely.

Should the NCAA even been involved in this? No. Because everything they do seems trivial at best, petty at worst, and will always be another example of failure by the NCAA to take appropriate action.

If the NCAA wanted to hit them, should they just hit them for lack of institutional control and proceeded accordingly? Probably. This at least makes sense somewhat.

Does vacating wins make sense for this type of violation? No.

Sandusky being Sandusky does not = more wins.
    Reggie Bush being Reggie Bush = more wins.

NCAA being the NCAA.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Who gives a fukk....If Joe Pa didn't do every single fukkin thing in his power to help/get rid of the situation (Which he didn't), they deserve whatever they got

Next

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

I enjoyed the part of PTI today when Wilbon and Bob Ryan both stated that the NCAA would be gone within the next 5-10 years, and something else will replace it.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

Its Penn state, can't imagine too many will be shedding a tear for whatever happens to that university right or wrong. If JoePa knew what was going on and turned a blind eye or didnt do whatever he could to stop it at the first hint of what was going on then they should dig up his grave and leave it open for the homeless to relieve themselves in it. Fukk that it was kids and pieces of shit are worried about football.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ra77er

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Penn St. was stripped of the wins....not Paterno specifically. Yes, he was coach during that period so it does counts against him, but this is mostly a sanction on the school....not the coach.

Penn St. was in violation of NCAA policies for many, many years. For violating the policies, the following sanctions were enforced:

• Five years probation.
    • A four-year postseason ban.
    • Vacating of all wins from 1998 to 2011–112 wins in all. This had the effect of stripping the Nittany Lions of their shared Big Ten titles in 2005 and 2008. It also removed 111 wins from Paterno's record, dropping him from first to 12th on the NCAA's all-time wins list.
    • A $60 million fine, the proceeds of which were to go toward an endowment for preventing child abuse. According to the NCAA, this was the equivalent of a typical year's gross revenue from the football program.
    • Loss of a total of 40 initial scholarships from 2013 to 2017. During the same period, Penn State is limited to 65 total scholarships—only two more than a Division I FCS (formerly I-AA) school is allowed.
    • Penn State was required to adopt all recommendations for reform delineated in the Freeh report.
    • Penn State must enter into an "athletics integrity agreement" with the NCAA and Big Ten, appoint a university-wide athletic compliance officer and compliance council, and accept an NCAA-appointed athletic integrity monitor for the duration of its probation.

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Do you think that it was a coincidence that they arrested Sandusky just after Paterno got his all-time record win, 409th?

The number of wins from 1998-2011 is just a number. The NCAA only cared about getting Paterno off the all-time win leader.
    Last edited by tb1984; 10-23-13 at 12:15 AM.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Its Penn state, can't imagine too many will be shedding a tear for whatever happens to that university right or wrong. If JoePa knew what was going on and turned a blind eye or didnt do whatever he could to stop it at the first hint of what was going on then they should dig up his grave and leave it open for the homeless to relieve themselves in it. Fukk that it was kids and pieces of shit are worried about football.
    Of course he knew about it and he didn't do shit about it - so that is exactly what he deserve !!!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Paterno was a great man. Not a good man but a GREAT man.

Fukk the NCAA and everything they stand for.

The fact that the wins are vacated is irrevelant. Penn State won those football games on the field.

Their opponents cannot go back in time and feel like a winner on the days Penn State beat them.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Jerry View Post
    Of course he knew about it and he didn't do shit about it - so that is exactly what he deserve !!!
    Really ? He did report it to the proper authorities. That has been documented.

I didnt think anyone was arguing that.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Anyway the matter should have been handled internally.

Sandusky should have been ask to resign and the media should never have even caught wind of it.

Penn state should have settled with the families and paid them to keep it hush hush.

Paterno's legacy should have been protected. He can't help it if his D-Coordinator is secretly banging his players in the shower.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

and what they really need to do is eliminate group showers in team locker rooms so this type of behavior doesnt happen.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Paterno was a great man. Not a good man but a GREAT man.
    He was the most powerful man in the university and Ped State happened under his watch. The fact that he did nothing reflects poorly upon him.

He ruined his legacy because now that's what he's remembered for.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

joe paterno can rot in hell

my history with him goes beyond this incident.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    joe paterno can rot in hell

my history with him goes beyond this incident.
    Rudy......did he touch you? You can tell me. No one is judging.

Pretend you're in the trust tree.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

if he did i would have put that million on a game

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    He was the most powerful man in the university and Ped State happened under his watch. The fact that he did nothing reflects poorly upon him.

He ruined his legacy because now that's what he's remembered for.
    My thing is i believe Paterno was a good man at heart. Should he have done more ? yeah probably

But he was put in a horrible situation. If this had gone public right away then the media would have crucified the Penn State program and he would not have been able to get the same caliber recruits.

But in the later years of Paternos career he was in poor health and even watched many games from the press box b/c he couldnt hardly walk.

I think he was in denial and i think he respected the Sandusky he thought he knew and didnt want to believe that was really happening

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

My thing is i believe Paterno was a good man at heart. Should he have done more ? yeah probably

But he was put in a horrible situation. If this had gone public right away then the media would have crucified the Penn State program and he would not have been able to get the same caliber recruits.
    Right, I agree. He didn't want to hurt his football program. In other words, he put football success ahead of children, and allowed children to be abused so he could get wins.
    Points Awarded:

I/O gave yisman 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

There is also the fact that the proper authority was the head of campus police, who at Penn State has as much power as any city police chief. To whom JoePa went to, and was basically told "someone will look into it". Not his fault that there was failure to do anything about it, he could have been adamant, but he without a doubt did nothing wrong legally.

The sanctions brought down cost Paterno and his family millions, and while it would seem morally reprehensible, I still haven't figured out why the Paterno family has not sued anyone and everyone involved in this mess.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

and what they really need to do is eliminate group showers in team locker rooms so this type of behavior doesnt happen.
    Are you really this stupid?

smittyallsports
    smittyallsports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6929

Right!!! Because we all know that group showers incite bringing a 10 year old in and having sex with them smh. You sound ridiculous considering the guy was bringing the kids to his house and molesting them there also.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Are you really this stupid?

I really think he may be.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Joe got screwed

He was fall guy

I root for penn st

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Joe got screwed

He was fall guy

I root for penn st
    Joe Paterno was A JOKE IN THE LATER YEARS!!!!!!! DUDE WAS THERE 10+ YEARS TOO LONG. HAD NO CLUE!!!! 84??? THE GUY DIED OVER BAD NEWS!!!!! YOU THOUGHT HE WAS CAPABLE OF STILL RUNNING A PROGRAM??????????

PATERNO DOG SHIT MOST OVERRATED SPORTS PERSONAILTY OF ALL TIME GET OVER IT CHESTER STATE FANS IGNORANT ASS AMERICA WILL ALWAYS SEE YOU AS CHESTERS. PENN STATE=CHESTER STATE UNIVERSITY WHERE WE HUMP SMALL BOYS AND COVER IT UP!!

12 Last