will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

If Northwestern covered, people would be rioting. Most people were on OSU, therefore it isn't one of the biggest "bad beats" of all time.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

and that is why I bet the ML for Ohio State in a 2 team parlay

tough road game environment vs ranked squad who fights hard

and that is the reason I laid -6.5 on Buckeyes last week vs Wisky.... 1st big 10 game @ home.

Miller from last week to tonight looked day and night... that is big when it comes to capping a team

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice now you got Will2 going, need to get that oxygen mask on pal

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Ties lose!

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

You people who think Brent Musburger gave a shit one way or the other obviously don't watch many Musburger games. He's cognizant of the point spread, as is Herbstreit, but it doesn't mean he has a dog in the fight. I've seen countless games where Musburger or other broadcasters make subtle allusions to the point spread near the end of the game....nothing new. Plenty of games, during garbage time, I've heard something along the lines of "Well that touchdown there means a lot to SOME people," if the touchdown affected the spread outcome. I'm pretty sure it's against policy to have money riding on a game your calling, as it would severely compromise your ability to call it objectively.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    If Northwestern covered, people would be rioting. Most people were on OSU, therefore it isn't one of the biggest "bad beats" of all time.
    WTF are you talking about?

That post makes zero sense.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4149

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    You people who think Brent Musburger gave a shit one way or the other obviously don't watch many Musburger games. He's cognizant of the point spread, as is Herbstreit, but it doesn't mean he has a dog in the fight. I've seen countless games where Musburger or other broadcasters make subtle allusions to the point spread near the end of the game....nothing new.
    Al Michaels does it all the time. During the Stanford game halftime show on ESPN, the studio guys showed that final play and as the players were scrambling for the ball, the studio announcer said "All across America, people were yelling COVER IT!!! CO-VER-IT!!!!!!!" Lou Holtz and Mark May had a little chuckle at that.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7870

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

i agree, a bad beat is a bad beat.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

If Northwestern made a miraculous cover like OSU, people would be going crazy because most people bet on Ohio State. People benefitted from the late TD;make sense?

It is considered a bad beat but would be much worse if most people were on Northwestern. Like someone said, they were covering the spread for the entire game easily.

Eddy Munny

Al Michaels does it all the time. During the Stanford game halftime show on ESPN, the studio guys showed that final play and as the players were scrambling for the ball, the studio announcer said "All across America, people were yelling COVER IT!!! CO-VER-IT!!!!!!!" Lou Holtz and Mark May had a little chuckle at that.
    Yup, Al Michaels does it a lot.....it's naïve to believe that sportscasters aren't cognizant of the significance of the point spread. But it's foolish to believe that Musburger lost money on the outcome simply because he made mention of it.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Had NW OVER 12.5 2H...shiiiit, I knew the line looked too easy. That last hallapallooza circus play must of ruined some nights...

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

If Northwestern made a miraculous cover like OSU, people would be going crazy because most people bet on Ohio State. People benefitted from the late TD;make sense?
    A lot of people had Northwestern too.

It was a horrific beat.

OSU wasn't covering the entire game and was in jeopardy of losing and then they cover like that.

It was a terrible beat.

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

It is considered a bad beat but would be much worse if most people were on Northwestern. Like someone said, they were covering the spread for the entire game easily.

This wasn't like a normal back door TD. Where a team is down 10-14 points and get a meaningless TD. As they are on offense and even down 10-14 they should be trying to score. If anything to get the Offense on track etc.

This was a game NW had the ball with 5 seconds left and a moron fired a Warren moon laser pitch to a guy 2 feet from him that bounced around in the end zone which was covered by Ohio st giving them the cover with no time on the clock lol.....

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Are you high?

Eddy Munny

For sure it was a bad beat.......this one goes down in the Bad Beat Hall of Fame. Doesn't matter what side the majority was on. If just one guy had Northwestern +7, you can rest assure that for him, it was a terrible fukking beat.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4149

Yup, Al Michaels does it a lot.....it's naïve to believe that sportscasters aren't cognizant of the significance of the point spread. But it's foolish to believe that Musburger lost money on the outcome simply because he made mention of it.
    Oh I don't think he had any money on it. These days, announcers are strictly forbidden from gambling. He would lose his job. But I tell ya this.... I do remember watching MNF back when it was Frank and Al and Dan. They were reminiscing about a MNF game from the 70's or something like that, and they were joking about how Don Meredith was in a bad mood announcing that game.... so Frank Gifford said "I think Don was laying the points that night"

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Koldazzice View Post
    This was a game NW had the ball with 5 seconds left and a moron fired a Warren moon laser pitch to a guy 2 feet from him .....
    Yeah, I don't know what that idiot was thinking. I can understand Northwestern trying to pop a miracle, but how bout a pitch? Not a frozen rope.

Eddy Munny

Oh I don't think he had any money on it. These days, announcers are strictly forbidden from gambling. He would lose his job. But I tell ya this.... I do remember watching MNF back when it was Frank and Al and Dan. They were reminiscing about a MNF game from the 70's or something like that, and they were joking about how Don Meredith was in a bad mood announcing that game.... so Frank Gifford said "I think Don was laying the points that night"
    I wasn't implying that you in particular thought he had money on it. I was responding to the handful of others in this thread who seem to think that was the case. They acted like it was the first time an announcer has hinted at the pointspread on air.....it's rather commonplace if you've seen enough football.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Are you high?
    I didn't bet the game. Did you lose? It's a bad beat. Are you happy? I'm just saying that OSU didn't deserve the cover and most people were on OSU. Sad for NU backers.

SplitAces
    SplitAces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

You people who think Brent Musburger gave a shit one way or the other obviously don't watch many Musburger games. He's cognizant of the point spread, as is Herbstreit, but it doesn't mean he has a dog in the fight. I've seen countless games where Musburger or other broadcasters make subtle allusions to the point spread near the end of the game....nothing new. Plenty of games, during garbage time, I've heard something along the lines of "Well that touchdown there means a lot to SOME people," if the touchdown affected the spread outcome. I'm pretty sure it's against policy to have money riding on a game your calling, as it would severely compromise your ability to call it objectively.
    Eddy
    He may not have had any money on that game, I do not know. He is however a south florida guy who plays big action, that I know.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes and his handle here is Lemart

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I didn't bet the game. Did you lose? It's a bad beat. Are you happy? I'm just saying that OSU didn't deserve the cover and most people were on OSU. Sad for NU backers.
    A horrific beat is a horrific beat, regardless of who "the public" was on.

This was a horrific beat.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

The PRiCK is the biggest winner FUKKKK YOU PRICK smh cant even get some damn points lol

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

What if OSU was -10 1/2

They DIDN'T KICK THE EXTRA POINT!

Why not??

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    What if OSU was -10 1/2

They DIDN'T KICK THE EXTRA POINT!

Why not??
    shut the fuk up guy!

thehoorse
    thehoorse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    Musberger and Al Michaels know when the line is crossed.

winz
    refuse to lose
    winz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 949

such an awful beat for me..had 2480 to win 2000 on nw +7 -124...was up like 4 k on the day before that thanks to fsu, ore, and baylor over..this just ruined the whole day....cant even sleep..punched the laptop too but luckily it survived..lol...sickening...

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

After sportscenter showed the highlights of the game. Espn host said the ending of that game led to a 300 million dollar swing in Vegas

winz
    refuse to lose
    winz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 949

Quote Originally Posted by rcene View Post
    After sportscenter showed the highlights of the game. Espn host said the ending of that game led to a 300 million dollar swing in Vegas
    guess my $4480 swing is peanuts but damn it feels like a million to me right now....i actually had changed the channel and didnt even find out i lost till like 15 min later when i logged back into my acct

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

I'm just glad I had OSU moneyline.

But this really was a horrible beat.

Like second worst in football I know of recently, second only to the "fail-mary" after which I am sure a number of people probably blew their brains out.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Are you shitting me? This was pricks team thought I had him at 2-1...wtf...I don't even wanna know fuk it I'll never beat the guy

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57553

That was criminal! I hate when the team I have tries that lateral crap at the end of a game. It never works and ends very badly sometimes... like tonight.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Get under the bed!!
    Points Awarded:

InTheDrink gave Ernie Mccracken 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

booksbroker
    booksbroker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 554

Have ohio in 2 of my parlay.... Cash in on parlay 3.. My other parlay still alive... Woooot......

First 1234 Last