rara51
    rara51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2052

Parlay Question-need some advice

hi guys- really quickly i was in a knock out pool that had a 45000 pot. i was one of 11 people left going into sundays games (of course the Texans screwed me-but thats besides the point) as a hedge (and somewhat of a gamble) i placed two parlays: Parlay A was a two teamer: 1000 dollars on the JAX at +385 with an open spot not yet filled! i have 90 days to close out the second leg of this parlay (Heritage lets you do this) and Parlay B was a four teamer with SD +160 and TB +305 already hitting with TWO open spots (once again at heritage) left to fill in the next 90 days. Just lookn for some good advice to secure some cash here- i have an idea of what to do but i wanna see what the forum has to say !!!!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

take 49ers -5.5 over Redskins

and

Buckeyes -12 over Michigan

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

are you looking for an advice from a bunch of strangers on how to lock your winnings?... why?

all you gonna get is bunch of responses with sure bets ranging from -110 to -5000...all will be claiming to be a total lock.

you got yourself this far with a few good calls in these parlays...finish them like a man.

if you miss your calls at least those are going to be your own calls and not some joe schmo's from a gambling forum that you just happened to trust with closing out your parlays.

gl!

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3376

I would take some Heavy Favorites to close out those open parlays. You have some good dogs that scored, wouldn't get greedy. GL.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    are you looking for an advice from a bunch of strangers on how to lock your winnings?... why?

all you gonna get is bunch of responses with sure bets ranging from -110 to -5000...all will be claiming to be a total lock.

you got yourself this far with a few good calls in these parlays...finish them like a man.

if you miss your calls at least those are going to be your own calls and not some joe schmo's from a gambling forum that you just happened to trust with closing out your parlays.

gl!

good advice. If i had a $1,000 bet i would want to make my own selection since i would be betting my own money

rara51
    rara51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2052

the way i would handle the two separate parlays would be to bet a +200 dog on the 4 teamer with the opposite side of the game on the open portion of the two teamer (hoping the dog wins outright): the subsequent two teamer would be a loss and now ive got a one more leg of the 4 teamer which if it hits wcould pay out close to 25 dimes. if not than id bank close to 7 dimes on the two teamer if the fave wins outright - i just wanted to know if any one had different angles on my take?

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3376

Quote Originally Posted by rara51 View Post
    the way i would handle the two separate parlays would be to bet a +200 dog on the 4 teamer with the opposite side of the game on the open portion of the two teamer (hoping the dog wins outright): the subsequent two teamer would be a loss and now ive got a one more leg of the 4 teamer which if it hits wcould pay out close to 25 dimes. if not than id bank close to 7 dimes on the two teamer if the fave wins outright - i just wanted to know if any one had different angles on my take?
    Sounds like a good strategy. The fact you have 2 open parlays with dogs that scored plays to your advantage.