Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

NFL Blackout rule is whore shit...

Fukk them, no one wants to pay 75 a pop to see a team go 0-19.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

well then you shouldnt even want to watch them for free they fukkin stink so bad

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

i'd rather stay home than pay 75 to see a team go 19-0.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    well then you shouldnt even want to watch them for free they fukkin stink so bad
    Football is football.

onthewhat
    onthewhat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Impossible for them to go 0-19

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Detroit is now 0 17...... just saying......

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four7 View Post
    Detroit is now 0 17...... just saying......
    They are 0-18

Last game they won was week 15 of 07 vs. KC.

Deuce knows best.

I wish they would have lost that KC game. They would now be 0-25 if then had.

Madukwe
    Madukwe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    They are 0-18

Last game they won was week 15 of 07 vs. KC.

Deuce knows best.

I wish they would have lost that KC game. They would now be 0-25 if then had.
    Was Barry Sanders the only bright spot in the franchise's history?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by Madukwe View Post
    Was Barry Sanders the only bright spot in the franchise's history?
    Bobby Layne and Barry Sanders

Layne put a curse on the Lions

Sanders is the best running back of all times.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fukk them, no one wants to pay 75 a pop to see a team go 0-19.

I fight the same shit here with the Rams.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Solution: Sunday Ticket -- Especially for a heavy hitter like you Richkas

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Tough times Goodell is a prick

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

deuce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how you doing buddy?

BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5087

Bet a lot of companies got rid of their season tickets and suites to cut costs during the recession. The company I used to work for dropped all of their season tickets in 2009 to save money. A lot of companies aren't going to write blank checks for expensive tickets anymore so there might be more blackouts this year. Plus many people probably got laid off who used to have season tickets and can't afford to renew.

Madukwe

Jaguars are having a lot of trouble, lost like 17,000 season ticket holders

They're trying a "Draft Teebow" campaign to try to sell tickets for next year. Taking market research surveys now to test it out.

Its really pathetic when you consider drafting your first rounder because he is a town favorite and not because of talent.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I did not realize so many people throughout sports have dropped their season tickets

They should change the blackout rule

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter
    Squirrel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

Jacksonville, Detroit and San Diego will all be blacked out this week - Dallas arent even certain of being on tv yet if you believe what CBS 11 say.

Dallas will obviously not be blacked out, but if another game is a shocker and 4 Games do get blacked out, it would be fairly nasty for the NFL having 25% of games not available in local markets.
    Last edited by Squirrel; 09-17-09 at 05:50 AM.

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Tampa Bay will be blacked out by week 4-5.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

this is a sad trend to see, but times are tough

smarmy
    SBR Lurker
    smarmy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 274

they won't lift the blackout rule. Their thinking is that if they give it away for the people that aren't going now, they'll lose some more of the people that are still showing up. Football is going to take a major hit in the next couple of years. Especially with the CBA hovering.

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

holy sh*t, detroit fans pay $75 a ticket??!! That's more than watching Chelsea at home in the premier league

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

All corporate seats are up for grabs now. If you think for even a second that every game televised is sold out you're a nit wit. Corporations buy up what is left. That won't happen anymore. Fukk Goodell.

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter
    Squirrel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

Quote Originally Posted by Smogs View Post
    holy sh*t, detroit fans pay $75 a ticket??!! That's more than watching Chelsea at home in the premier league
    PL prices are shocking, the Birmingham/Aston Vila game the other day was £48 for the "CHEAPEST" ticket

koby25
    koby25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

I was watching Inside The NFL lsast night and they had some dude from the NFL on their and I thought he said Every NFL blackout game will be on NFL site sunday night. If I'm telling you right most games will be over but you would still be able to watch the game.

BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5087

All corporate seats are up for grabs now. If you think for even a second that every game televised is sold out you're a nit wit. Corporations buy up what is left. That won't happen anymore. Fukk Goodell.
    Minnesota used to get bailed out by General Mills a while back when there was an agreement that General Mills would buy all tickets not sold, but that sweetheart deal expired a few years ago. Only Corporations that might buy remaining tickets is FOX or CBS that has the game on tv and would buy a small amount of tickets to save their advertising spots sold at a premium for the game.

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

The idea that people won't go to football games if they aren't available for free, might make sense for say 10k or so swing fans, but in general, people who go to games because they like going to the actual event. Whether or not the game is on TV doesn't matter to most fans.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer1212 View Post
    Solution: Sunday Ticket -- Especially for a heavy hitter like you Richkas

Its not that simple. The mobile home community where I reside doesnt allow sattelites. Everybody has charter cable, which of course doesnt offer it.

Madukwe

My Bengals almost got blacked out last week, but were saved when the local CBS affiliate and Kroger bought thousands to give to charity and local military families

This won't happen every week, wayyy too expensive for them

Madukwe

Quote Originally Posted by JoshW View Post
    The idea that people won't go to football games if they aren't available for free, might make sense for say 10k or so swing fans, but in general, people who go to games because they like going to the actual event. Whether or not the game is on TV doesn't matter to most fans.
    Disagree.

I'm a HUGE NFL fan, but I'd much rather watch on tv then go to the game. Comfy basement with widescreen tv, cheap food, and 10 dollar 12 packs to last me the afternoon.

Also, wayyy too many breaks in the action at the stadium. Would rather watch it with friends/family at home

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

See Ford Field is roughly 68 to 70k. All they have to do is section of about 5k of the upper bowl and they won't have a prob selling it out. Usually every black out game is around 5k left. They owners have power to do that.

That being said, they play every game here on TV but not until around 8pm after the game is way over with. Whore shit. Unreal. Fukk them.

Madukwe

Tough times Goodell is a prick
    The Blackout Rule is in the media contract that was in place before he took his job, not entirely his fault. I'd rather see his staff spending most of its time/resources working on the '10 cap-free situation/bargaining agreement.

It would be great if he could make some sort of exception during this down economy tho, especially since my team will be blacked out about 5 times this season...

...Guess ill just have to drive somewhere outside the 75-mile radius or fork over some big ones for some live action. NFL always wins.

Madukwe

See Ford Field is roughly 68 to 70k. All they have to do is section of about 5k of the upper bowl and they won't have a prob selling it out. Usually every black out game is around 5k left. They owners have power to do that.

That being said, they play every game here on TV but not until around 8pm after the game is way over with. Whore shit. Unreal. Fukk them.

The Jags tarped off a ton of seats too, and they still wont sell out. Maybe 7-8 blacked-out games in Jacksonville this season? That franchise will be relocated in the next 5 years for sure

Bigmikesm
    Bigmikesm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

They should lower the ticket price to around 20 bucks for upper level seats in the towns where shitty football is being played.

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

So a blackout would cause you to buy tickets?

I am with you at watching at home. I am not a huge fan of any one team in NFL, but I watch football pretty much whenever it is on. So if they blacked out say the Chiefs, I would just watch other games at home or worst case go somewhere that has NFL ticket to catch other games. A blackout wouldn't cause me to actually go to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Madukwe View Post

Disagree.

I'm a HUGE NFL fan, but I'd much rather watch on tv then go to the game. Comfy basement with widescreen tv, cheap food, and 10 dollar 12 packs to last me the afternoon.

Also, wayyy too many breaks in the action at the stadium. Would rather watch it with friends/family at home

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Somehow the fukkin Lions sold 69k tickets. I just don't get it. It's on FOX on Sun. Unfukkinreal

12 Last