RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Vikings sign Greg Jennings

Beat you TT. SUCK IT!

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Vikings agreed to terms with Greg Jennings, formerly of the Packers, on a five-year contract.

Minnesota put the full-court press on Jennings Thursday night by bringing in coach Leslie Frazier and star RE Jared Allen to dinner. After trading Percy Harvin, GM Rick Spielman badly needed to replace his production. Jennings, 29, can play all three receiver positions and finished 2012 on a roll after an injury-plagued regular season, with 25 catches for 280 yards and four TDs over Green Bay's final four games, including playoffs. The way Minnesota's receiver corps looks now, we'd expect Jennings and Jerome Simpson to play on the outside with Jarius Wright in the slot. Minnesota also has two first-round picks. Jennings' signing is a good get for Christian Ponder's development.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Mar 15 - 7:16 PM

mnwild11
    mnwild11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4005

yeah buddy

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Livid as a packers fan,

We won't make playoffs

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

As a MN fan. I'm not impressed.

Paid way too much.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Livid as a packers fan,

We won't make playoffs

Huh?

Chili_Powder
    Chili_Powder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Teddy Thompson is not perfect, but he is among the best in determining how much a player is worth. Cobb is better then Jennings at this point, and Nelson and Jones are also good. Not making the playoffs Deemer? Vegas would beg to differ.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by Chili_Powder View Post
    Teddy Thompson is not perfect, but he is among the best in determining how much a player is worth. Cobb is better then Jennings at this point, and Nelson and Jones are also good. Not making the playoffs Deemer? Vegas would beg to differ.
    Yep.....No way Ted was signing him for 5 years. Jennings took the money and ran....Now he can experience life after Rodgers.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Jennings is a damn good WR.....Packers will be fine but it helps the Vikings alot

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4699

Livid as a packers fan,

We won't make playoffs
    Packers are alright at WR without Jennings. Cobb, Jones, and Nelson.

They need a solid RB.

ronzer
    the search for bigfoot continues
    ronzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

Jennings wanted way to much. I would have loved to keep him on the Packers, but not for that much.

BigDeem5

Listen guys.. Nelson isn't a #1, neither is Cobb, Nelson running the 'X' routes, contributed to ineptitude on offense at times, Rodgers said this.

Cobb is a slot. They should have traded James Jones (stock is high), Kept Jennings/Cobb/Nelson...

Finley is a cancer too, they did nothing to improve defensively.

Thompson just sitting on his thumb. I think Rodgers is best QB in league, but I don't know how many 35-31 games they can win. Their defense is BAD.... This only hurts offense, they missed out on s. jax too

meader99

Listen guys.. Nelson isn't a #1, neither is Cobb, Nelson running the 'X' routes, contributed to ineptitude on offense at times, Rodgers said this.

Cobb is a slot. They should have traded James Jones (stock is high), Kept Jennings/Cobb/Nelson...

Thompson just sitting on his thumb. I think Rodgers is best QB in league, but I don't know how many 35-31 games they can win. Their defense is BAD.... This only hurts offense, they missed out on s. jax too
    While I will agree that Jennings had a positive effect on what the other wrs were able to do, they still need to pony up the dough to Rodgers, Matthews and Raji. I odn't know how that's possible by giving Jennings 10 million a year. If Jennings didn't have the injury bug the last two years, the Pack probably keep him. Got plenty of guys coming back from injury, my only question is how many more will go down. This team has been snake bitten the last 3 years.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I had Jennings on my big $$ fantasy team last season (As well as Cobb who was a stud) so I watched the Packers a ton......Jennings missed most of the year and the Packers didn't miss a beat (On offense). Jennings is damn good, but they'll be fine without him. Can't pay huge bucks for everyone

Nelson, James Jones, and Cobb is a great trio and they will prob draft a solid 4th WR

They do need to fix their defense, I agree......Need a new linebacker, a few DB's

Will prob draft a RB early as well and there are a bunch of solid mid rounders in this draft, and rookie RB's you can plug right in usually (Alfred Morris for example last season)

Other than that, their offense is fine as long as Rodgers is still slingin the rock

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I can never understand the mentality of taking the most money no matter the team. When you're talking millions of dollars whats the difference between 10/m a year and 8/m? Do you need that fifth house that extra 2 a year would give you? Wouldn't playing on a playoff team with the chance of going all the way mean more to these players? I'd take Texans or 49ers at 5 mil a year over Buffalo at 8, wouldn't you?

BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5087

Vikings needed Jennings big time as they had no decent wrs. Had to overpay for him, but that's the only way he would sign here as Ponder is a shit qb. As a Vikings fan, I'm glad they signed him but still have to find more wrs in the draft.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Chili_Powder View Post
    Thompson blundered badly on Cullen Jenkins. Packers still looking for his replacement, 2 years later.

But, there was no way they could keep Jennings. Packers already have so many needs and WR is one position where they have some depth. Now they need to use that money to get some body that can solve one of their problems at DE, OT, S, CB, TE, RB, etc.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Sweet. Guy will look awesome running 10 yd. out patterns. Superbowl.

the tross
    Update your status
    the tross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6226

Bullseye slacker00, and you can add Scott Wells to the list too

BigDeem5

There was nothing better than Jennings running the seam for 20 yds and Rodgers hitting him for a TD.

Packers are in trouble, decent OL, no running game, pathetic defense, great qb and good wrs...

They need 2-3 d-backs, 2 lbs, 2 d linemen. Ted Thompson never signs big guys.. This is looking 9-7 a lot.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

NFC North will be bad this season.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Good signing. All they had at receiver was Jarius Wright and dime bag Jerome. They'll get another Wr in the draft. Not like these contracts are guaranteed for their entirety.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    I can never understand the mentality of taking the most money no matter the team. When you're talking millions of dollars whats the difference between 10/m a year and 8/m? Do you need that fifth house that extra 2 a year would give you? Wouldn't playing on a playoff team with the chance of going all the way mean more to these players? I'd take Texans or 49ers at 5 mil a year over Buffalo at 8, wouldn't you?
    What about more money and be on a playoff team?

meader99

There was nothing better than Jennings running the seam for 20 yds and Rodgers hitting him for a TD.

Packers are in trouble, decent OL, no running game, pathetic defense, great qb and good wrs...

They need 2-3 d-backs, 2 lbs, 2 d linemen. Ted Thompson never signs big guys.. This is looking 9-7 a lot.
    I think between House, Shields and Hayward they will be ok at cb. They also get Bishop and Smith back and Perry, although who knows what to expect from him. The thing about the running game is there seems to be no comittment to it. Harris was a heck of a spark, hit the hole on the fly instead of tap dancing around waiting for a hole to open up. Is he big enough to last a full NFL season?

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6910

Livid as a packers fan,

We won't make playoffs
    what a fukkn idiot
    Points Awarded:

GamblerSpirit gave ThaTopMoron 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4699

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    NFC North will be bad this season.
    Lions win the NFC North this year.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Lions win the NFC North this year.
    The thought crossed my mind. Don't think they can do it with current coaching staff. Team takes way too many dumb penalties and are poorly disciplined. Getting rid of Titus Young was a good start. They need to instill a new culture in that locker room.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Greg emphasized on having a good qb throwing him the pigskin, but as always money talks bullshit walks. Vikings overpaid. 27mill guaranteed daaamn.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    Greg emphasized on having a good qb throwing him the pigskin, but as always money talks bullshit walks. Vikings overpaid. 27mill guaranteed daaamn.
    Ponder entering year 3 reminds me of a young Joe Flacco. Ponder had 3 TD 0 INT to put the Vikings in the playoffs W17.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Ponder entering year 3 reminds me of a young Joe Flacco. Ponder had 3 TD 0 INT to put the Vikings in the playoffs W17.
    He also had multiple games where he threw for less than 100 yards. Hard to do when teams stack 8 and 9 in the box to stop the run.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Vikings overpaid but they had to. They don't have any other receivers. Unless they were going to run a wing T offense they had to bring in somebody with some experience and Jennings was the best on the market.

The Packers also had to let him go for financial reasons.. Even without Jennings they still have one of the best receiving corps in the league. They need to allocate resources elsewhere like offensive line, Pass rusher, LB, RB.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    He also had multiple games where he threw for less than 100 yards. Hard to do when teams stack 8 and 9 in the box to stop the run.
    He was working with marginal WR talent most of the year. He still got it done in the clutch. Ponder has upside.

Granted, it was GB that he sliced up. Even Skelton and Gabbert had career days v.s. GB, so I will give you that.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Ponder is a smart guy. He's going to know the playbook as well as any Qb in the league and he's a good athlete. I just don't know if he has the arm to get it done.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Ponder is a smart guy. He's going to know the playbook as well as any Qb in the league and he's a good athlete. I just don't know if he has the arm to get it done.
    If he can't, there's always Matt cassel to save the day.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    He was working with marginal WR talent most of the year. He still got it done in the clutch. Ponder has upside.

Granted, it was GB that he sliced up. Even Skelton and Gabbert had career days v.s. GB, so I will give you that.
    Then he faked an injury because he knew he couldn't do it back to back.

12 Last