PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thursday NHL Plays

Went 1-2 last night boys and lost my parlay. Besides straight up, I am going to go with another 2 team parlay tonight and I'm going BIG. All I can say is Thank God for the Baltimore Ravens after these last two nights I've had in the NHL.

Need to win this one, boys.

Florida Panthers/Philadelphia Flyers UNDER 5.5 -140

St. Louis Blues/Detroit Red Wings Blues ML -170

2 Team Parlay

Panthers/Flyers UNDER 5.5

St. Louis Blues ML -170

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

is this a fade or tail thread? thanks in advance ..... ......

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted69 View Post
    is this a fade or tail thread? thanks in advance ..... ......
    The way I'm going the last two nights, fade. LOL

Although the stats are on my side. Total has gone UNDER in 5 out of last 6 games between the Flyers and Panthers. Total has also gone UNDER in the last 5 out of 6 home games for the Flyers.

In the St. Louis/Detroit game, I'm going against the stats. Detroit is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing St. Louis, however, this is not the same Detroit team. St. Louis is clearly a better team than Detroit is now and so I'm going to go against them and play St. Louis here.

Good Luck!

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

How do you have 3 losing plays but go 1-2? Parlays don't count as losing money?

Oh wait you don't even gamble...... so why do you bother posting on a gambling website to begin with?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    How do you have 3 losing plays but go 1-2? Parlays don't count as losing money?

Oh wait you don't even gamble...... so why do you bother posting on a gambling website to begin with?
    I said I lost my parlay. I went 1-2 SU. Anaheim won.

onacloud

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Went 1-2 last night boys and lost my parlay.
    Just making sure you realize you went 1-3 last night not 1-2... and 1-3 the night before bringing you to 2-6 since your little break to read up on the ESPN stats/trends...

Also proving there is no way you could be betting real money and still continue to act like you know what your doing

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Son, you need to start tracking your units.... otherwise whats the point in posting your record if you are doing parlays. Maybe you wouldn't get razzed so much be everyone here if you realized this.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Just making sure you realize you went 1-3 last night not 1-2... and 1-3 the night before bringing you to 2-6 since your little break to read up on the ESPN stats/trends...

Also proving there is no way you could be betting real money and still continue to act like you know what your doing
    I don't understand this. What do you mean by act like I know what I'm doing? If I win my parlay tonight I'm up nicely unit wise.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by numismatist View Post
    Son, you need to start tracking your units.... otherwise whats the point in posting your record if you are doing parlays. Maybe you wouldn't get razzed so much be everyone here if you realized this.
    As long as I know exactly where I am what does it concern everyone else? Why do people on this forum need to know how much/many units I play? As far as parlays go, I've been doing them since the beginning, just haven't posted them before now. I post my SU record because I assume most people (myself included) play mostly SU. Parlays, for the most part, should be avoided as they dramatically decrease your chances of winning.

Giroux
    Giroux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7412

As long as I know exactly where I am what does it concern everyone else? Why do people on this forum need to know how much/many units I play? As far as parlays go, I've been doing them since the beginning, just haven't posted them before now. I post my SU record because I assume most people (myself included) play mostly SU. Parlays, for the most part, should be avoided as they dramatically decrease your chances of winning.
    Going tonight, I will root them in for us (and the under).

hugh_morris
    hugh_morris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 976

Best of luck Philly....I slapped a bit on WAS +175 ...PIT will spiral at some point ...Good luck tonite fellas on tonights action...peace

onacloud

I don't understand this. What do you mean by act like I know what I'm doing? If I win my parlay tonight I'm up nicely unit wise.

You were down when you took a 'break' and since then have gone 2-6 obviously digging that hole much deeper

But now somehow if you hit one 2-team parlay that pays prolly around +150 you will be up?

See this is what I'm talking about if you simply tracked units you could make this argument... The reason I hound you is because you continuously say you are up money because of all these parlays or other bets not mentioned.... See how this will all be resolved if you kept one thread with units tracked like EVERYONE else around here who posts picks daily..

Also you said you needed a break because NHL is too unpredictable and that you need to 'analyze stats' but wait I thought you have been hitting parlays since the start of the season?

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by hugh_morris View Post
    Best of luck Philly....I slapped a bit on WAS +175 ...PIT will spiral at some point ...Good luck tonite fellas on tonights action...peace
    They just finished spiraling...they're now climbing, and I would advise waiting until they plateau before you start fading them.

hugh_morris
    hugh_morris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 976

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    They just finished spiraling...they're now climbing, and I would advise waiting until they plateau before you start fading them.
    I hear ya' Puck...It's strickly a gut play for a little action....The play is based on a little redemption...Best of luck tonite....

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

You were down when you took a 'break' and since then have gone 2-6 obviously digging that hole much deeper

But now somehow if you hit one 2-team parlay that pays prolly around +150 you will be up?

See this is what I'm talking about if you simply tracked units you could make this argument... The reason I hound you is because you continuously say you are up money because of all these parlays or other bets not mentioned.... See how this will all be resolved if you kept one thread with units tracked like EVERYONE else around here who posts picks daily..

Also you said you needed a break because NHL is too unpredictable and that you need to 'analyze stats' but wait I thought you have been hitting parlays since the start of the season?
    What you don't realize is that I was up when I took the break. I took the break because I was seeing shit that was abnormal trend-wise and it fukked me up for a bit.

I understand your point. Completely. What you don't seem to get is that what I'm making or losing isn't really anyone else's business. You can hound me all you want, it's not going to change anything. The way this place works is, you get criticized no matter what you do so just be yourself.

I would actually like to think that, by now, most folks who are regulars on this board know I'm not in the least bit a bullshitter. I think it's pretty obvious by now that I'm a pretty straight up guy despite any other criticisms you may have against me.

So, if I say I'm up, I am. If I say I'm a broke dikk fukk, I am. If I say I need to win, then I do.

If you ask me any other thing, it's not like it's going to be a problem for me to answer you. I'll be more than happy to have any conversation on any topic you want. The one thing though, that I will keep private, is my earnings.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

You don't think losing Lovejoy is going to have any effect?

zandyman
    zandyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

A positive one, if u ask me. Good ridden, hippy! (just kidding) With Bortuzzo coming out of his shell Lovejoy was getting limited ice time anyways, and now they will have Reese subbing in and out of the pair (Reese/Bortuzzo + Engelland) they should be a force to reckon with.

Reese, 28, will be a welcome addition to the Penguins’ blue line. He is a solid, two-way defender with smarts and speed. He’s a perfect fit for the way the Penguins want their defensemen to play. He has the intelligence to know when to join a rush to create an odd-man break, but also has enough speed to get back into a defensive posture if the puck were turned over or countered.

Reese’s speed allows him to be solid in puck retrievals, and he’s shown a good ability to quickly move the puck to his forwards (which is what you want to do with the talented forwards the Penguins boast).

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

Quote Originally Posted by zandyman View Post
    lol

zandyman

Hey puck, when they dumping Tangredi, or did they already?

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

Hey puck, when they dumping Tangredi, or did they already?
    I think he's still hanging on for dear life, but his time is certainly numbered. I know he's scratched again for tonight.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

One loses best you go is 1-2. Are you fukking brain dead?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    One loses best you go is 1-2. Are you fukking brain dead?
    Don't jinx me. I'm not going to lose.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

A positive one, if u ask me. Good ridden, hippy! (just kidding) With Bortuzzo coming out of his shell Lovejoy was getting limited ice time anyways, and now they will have Reese subbing in and out of the pair (Reese/Bortuzzo + Engelland) they should be a force to reckon with.

Reese, 28, will be a welcome addition to the Penguins’ blue line. He is a solid, two-way defender with smarts and speed. He’s a perfect fit for the way the Penguins want their defensemen to play. He has the intelligence to know when to join a rush to create an odd-man break, but also has enough speed to get back into a defensive posture if the puck were turned over or countered.

Reese’s speed allows him to be solid in puck retrievals, and he’s shown a good ability to quickly move the puck to his forwards (which is what you want to do with the talented forwards the Penguins boast).
    Penguins defensive depth should be a concern don't you think? Who's this Reese character?

zandyman

Too many D actually, which is why they let Lovejoy go. Miskanen coming back soon too.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Too many D actually, which is why they let Lovejoy go. Miskanen coming back soon too.
    Letang might be out though.

Top defenseman Kris Letang, however, left the morning skate early Thursday for undisclosed reasons. If Letang is not able to play, that could open up an opportunity for Reese, who has three goals and 14 assists in 74 NHL games over the past three years with the New York Islanders.
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=13807

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

Reese is not an overly big guy (6-foot-1, 201 pounds). But what he lacks in size, he makes up in smarts. His biggest area of improvement since coming to professional hockey has been his positioning and stick work. Look for him to pick his spots and to have an active stick. Reese might not outmuscle guys, but he will outsmart them.

Reese’s arrival in Pittsburgh will be a sort of homecoming. He’s a Pittsburgh native, born and raised in Upper St. Clair. Watching legend Mario Lemieux lead the Penguins to back-to-back Stanley Cup titles in 1991 and ’92 inspired Reese to pick up his first hockey stick – even though he initially wore roller skates (four-wheel variety) and shot balls in a local tennis court. Now he is a step closer to possibly suting up for his boyhood team.

But Reese didn’t sign with the Penguins just because he was from Pittsburgh. And the Penguins didn’t sign him just because he was a native son. It’s a nice story. But both sides agreed to a one-year deal in the summer because each side saw it as a perfect fit, with the homecoming a nice anecdote.

“For me it’s just a great opportunity to play for a team that’s a winner,” Reese told me in September. “I’ve played with three different organizations and they all were good organizations, but we didn’t do too much winning to be honest. The Penguins are a perennial powerhouse; a team that’s expected to win with a couple of the best players in the world. It’s great to be at home with family and friends and play for a winner. It’s an organization that’s establishing itself over the last six, seven years as one of the best to play for in the league.”

I think he'll be a good fit. Kinda the brains and brawn pair if he's on the line with Engelland. If Letang is out tonight, that's a different story.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Reese is not an overly big guy (6-foot-1, 201 pounds). But what he lacks in size, he makes up in smarts. His biggest area of improvement since coming to professional hockey has been his positioning and stick work. Look for him to pick his spots and to have an active stick. Reese might not outmuscle guys, but he will outsmart them.

Reese’s arrival in Pittsburgh will be a sort of homecoming. He’s a Pittsburgh native, born and raised in Upper St. Clair. Watching legend Mario Lemieux lead the Penguins to back-to-back Stanley Cup titles in 1991 and ’92 inspired Reese to pick up his first hockey stick – even though he initially wore roller skates (four-wheel variety) and shot balls in a local tennis court. Now he is a step closer to possibly suting up for his boyhood team.

But Reese didn’t sign with the Penguins just because he was from Pittsburgh. And the Penguins didn’t sign him just because he was a native son. It’s a nice story. But both sides agreed to a one-year deal in the summer because each side saw it as a perfect fit, with the homecoming a nice anecdote.

“For me it’s just a great opportunity to play for a team that’s a winner,” Reese told me in September. “I’ve played with three different organizations and they all were good organizations, but we didn’t do too much winning to be honest. The Penguins are a perennial powerhouse; a team that’s expected to win with a couple of the best players in the world. It’s great to be at home with family and friends and play for a winner. It’s an organization that’s establishing itself over the last six, seven years as one of the best to play for in the league.”

I think he'll be a good fit. Kinda the brains and brawn pair if he's on the line with Engelland. If Letang is out tonight, that's a different story.
    Was this dude cut by the Islanders?

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Good luck, Philly.

Stars screwed you last nite.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

He was basically a call-up it seems. He played 73 games for them over a three year span.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Good luck, Philly.

Stars screwed you last nite.

Thanks pal. Good luck to you too. I have to admit, I didn't think the Stars had it in them. Jagr is such a transformative presence isn't he? Makes everyone around him better.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

jagr probably posts on here somewhere

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

jagr probably posts on here somewhere
    You know, I heard he had a gambling problem. How true is it? Are we talking Pete Rose level?

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

He does he popped by the last bash for a bit in Vegas

12 Last