James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Minority head coaches in NFL

It is a guarantee one of the major stories in the NFL this week will be the lack of hirings of minority coaches in the wave of hires this week. We currently have 3 minority coaches. Pitt, Cincy, Minnesota. A few years ago we had eight. My personal belief is that the lack of minority hires has lots to do with the current wave of hiring offensive coordinators not defensive. I just hate that people make race an issue so so often when in many instances it is not an issue. I mean there are major rumblings and complaints that Pres. Obama doesnt have minorities in his cabinet. I mean enough already. We seem to cry wolf so many times that sometimes real racism which obviously still exists, gets ignored.

I just think the NFL is such a results oriented league that is a GM or owner thinks a coach can help them win he wouldn't be dumb enough to jeopardize his investment, worth hundreds of millions of dollars, because a coach is a minority. What do you guys think?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I'm still waiting for affirmative action regarding white cornerbacks in the NFL. Force each team to have one on roster.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I'm still waiting for affirmative action regarding white cornerbacks in the NFL. Force each team to have one on roster.
    RB too, man.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Totals would increase by an avg of 5 pts

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    The NFL is always looking for ways to create more offense.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

The deep bomb would make a huge comeback to the game.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Not if they played them in the redzone, totals would actually drop...

The hybrid "redzone cornerback" is the next adaptation to football...

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Not if they played them in the redzone, totals would actually drop...

The hybrid "redzone cornerback" is the next adaptation to football...
    If my rule went into place, some teams would move their white Safety to CB to fulfill whatever CB requirement. Eric Weddle, Chris Conte, Steve Gregory, Matt Giordano, etc could play CB if they had to. I have been studying this far a while now, trying to see if I can create an all-white NFL team, true #1 CB is the toughest position to fill, but finding a true #1 RB is tough too.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

If whites weren't raised like such pucies these days they would be keeping pace with black athletes. The passive movement has made our country a bunch of mindless wimp MFers. The whole let em grow into their own person, don't stop them when they are doing dumb shit, don't whip their ass. lol Nice job public! Now what? We have spoiled lazy fucin idiots that verbalize them selves. They can't break and egg with their punch but they will call the law and report you for getting aggressive. Now let's give up our guns and be total fucn morons. Glad I'm old enough to watch you hopeless fucs try to exist with the work ethic and stupidity that dominates our country. As for black coaches the owners have seen enough coach player relations become more friendly then professional. Whitey will do what the owner wants Big Black listens to know one since the beginning. What happens in a few years when Whitey is the minority, do they get the free breakfast, lunch, food stamps, phone, housing, special preference on jobs. Hell does the work force become more blacks working while whitey gets the free ride are the blacks going to carry another race like they have been carried? Fuc NO!! Name one successful black society......You can't they(the black race not individuals) are a failure world wide. Love thy brother

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

the whites understand the X's and O's of football therefore make better offensive coaches which is popular with the owners. The blacks are better at handling the defensive type players (the Ray Lewis's).

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    It is a guarantee one of the major stories in the NFL this week will be the lack of hirings of minority coaches in the wave of hires this week. We currently have 3 minority coaches. Pitt, Cincy, Minnesota. A few years ago we had eight. My personal belief is that the lack of minority hires has lots to do with the current wave of hiring offensive coordinators not defensive. I just hate that people make race an issue so so often when in many instances it is not an issue. I mean there are major rumblings and complaints that Pres. Obama doesnt have minorities in his cabinet. I mean enough already. We seem to cry wolf so many times that sometimes real racism which obviously still exists, gets ignored.

I just think the NFL is such a results oriented league that is a GM or owner thinks a coach can help them win he wouldn't be dumb enough to jeopardize his investment, worth hundreds of millions of dollars, because a coach is a minority. What do you guys think?
    I think its time for Cincy to fire Marvin Lewis and if Tomlin keeps making stupid mistakes that cost his team the game his stinking ass should be fired too
    You cant just hire minorities if they are stupid and incompetent, Obama knows that

So stop crying like a little bitch

Mills
    Mills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4819

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    It is a guarantee one of the major stories in the NFL this week will be the lack of hirings of minority coaches in the wave of hires this week. still exists, gets ignored.
    You are prophetic, James D.

The NFL has taken notice and plans to do something about it. In all, teams went 0-for-8 in hiring minorities (or as CBSSports.com's Freeman wrote, “0-fer-black”).

Here's the statement from Robert Gulliver, the NFL's executive vice president of human resources:

"While there has been full compliance with the interview requirements of the Rooney Rule and we wish the new head coaches and general managers much success, the hiring results this year have been unexpected and reflect a disappointing lack of diversity. The Rooney Rule has been a valuable tool in expanding diversity and inclusion in hiring practices, but there is more work to do, especially around increasing and strengthening the pipeline of diverse candidates for head coach and senior football executive positions. We have already started the process of developing a plan for additional steps that will better ensure more diversity and inclusion on a regular basis in our hiring results. We look forward to discussing these steps with our advisers to ensure that our employment, development and equal opportunity programs are both robust and successful."

apalm8
    Hello friends, Jim Nantz.
    apalm8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 146

The Rooney Rule is an absolute joke. No one is insisting that there is racism in NFL front offices so this whole thing is a moot point. No minorities were among the hired coaches...so what? Can we stop worrying about what freaking color people are and just start worrying about hiring the best coaches? This whole thing is so ridiculous.

Also, even if NFL teams were racist, their decision not to hire a minority candidate would hurt their team because they would then have to hire a less qualified person. Some other non racist team would benefit from the coaching skills of the minority candidate. The free market is always the best solution to these types of things and I tired of these dumb liberal ideas being spread through our sports.

Rand Paul 2016.