Misc:
    95.5 passer rating (ranked 8th)
    68.7 QBR ratings (ranked 8th)
    3 fumbles lost

Answers:
    Player A = RG3
    Player B = Andrew Luck
    Player C = Russell Wilson

Why is Luck considered the front runner for MVP? He has more turnovers than TD's. He is tied for first in INT's. He's ranked 31st in passer rating. Only reason why he has all these great 4th quarter come backs and passing yards is because he turns the ball over early, putting his team in a hole. If you ask me, this is a two man race between RG3 and Russell Wilson. I'd give the slight edge to RG3.
    Last edited by Speedy88; 12-17-12 at 03:55 AM.

neutral
    Update your status
    neutral's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3546

My vote goes to RGIII as well, his best attribute is actually making great read at the line of scrimmage for where the blitz is coming from, hence why he has thrown limited amount of INT. QB intelligence and decision making are the first 2 key attributes that I look for.

Luck has great technique through his throws along with very good receiving core, he will always be dangerous but my goodness, his decision making has been damn right reckless, reading of the game at the LOS hasn't impressed me at all.

As for Wilson, his assessment lies in between the first two.

Youkeepthislove
    Youkeepthislove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3295

I am a life long diehard Seahawk fan and a season ticket holder... But as of now, I'd definitely give a slight advantage to RGlll. Wilson is without a doubt hotter than him now, so we'll see how things play out in the last 2 weeks.

Luck is just riding his name from Stanford.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Right now I'd give the ROY to RG3, with Russell in second. I know Luck throws it a lot more, but how is he being considered over RG3 and Wilson? Outside of Luck's yards and pass attempts, both RG3 and Wilson have better stats all around. I just don't see how you can consider Luck as the ROY when he has more turnovers than TD's.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Right now I'd give the ROY to RG3, with Russell in second. I know Luck throws it a lot more, but how is he being considered over RG3 and Wilson? Outside of Luck's yards and pass attempts, both RG3 and Wilson have better stats all around. I just don't see how you can consider Luck as the ROY when he has more turnovers than TD's.

Luck doesn't have more turnovers than TDs. He's got 25 TDs and 23 turnovers according to your own stats.

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Only way Luck loses IMO is if they dont make the playoffs.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

RG3 deserves to win it.

RG3ING
    RG3ING's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Luck or RG3 it should go to the one who advances farther in the playoffs hands down

Slimpickens

Quote Originally Posted by RG3ING View Post
    Luck or RG3 it should go to the one who advances farther in the playoffs hands down
    Playoffs dont get considered when selecting individual player awards.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Playoffs dont get considered when selecting individual player awards.
    But everyone still takes it into account. If the Skins were 4-10 right now, I doubt RG3 would be the frontrunner for ROY.

I just think Wilson gets the short end of the stick. He has better numbers than Luck in every single category aside of passing yards and completions.

cash$bro91
    Update your status
    cash$bro91's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9883

Who said Luck is the front runner? RGIII may not even be the best rookie on his own team, Alfred Morris is ranked third in rushing yards among all players not just rookies.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ratpack

Slimpickens

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    But everyone still takes it into account. If the Skins were 4-10 right now, I doubt RG3 would be the frontrunner for ROY.

I just think Wilson gets the short end of the stick. He has better numbers than Luck in every single category aside of passing yards and completions.
    RG3 isnt the front runner.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by cash$bro91 View Post
    Who said Luck is the front runner? RGIII may not even be the best rookie on his own team, Alfred Morris is ranked third in rushing yards among all players not just rookies.
    Lets be honest....there is no way Alfred Morris will finish ahead of RG3 in rookie of the year voting....even if RG3 doesn't play another snap this season.

cash$bro91
    Update your status

RGIII wouldn't have had the numbers he did this year without Alfred Morris and the running game.

Slimpickens

RGIII wouldn't have had the numbers he did this year without Alfred Morris and the running game.
    Morris isnt even in the discussion. Its clearly a 3 horse raace with Luck the clear favorite like it or not.

cash$bro91
    Update your status

Morris isnt even in the discussion. Its clearly a 3 horse raace with Luck the clear favorite like it or not.
    He should be just like AP should be in the discussion for NFL MVP and Comeback Player of the Year.

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

RGIII is ahead now, but a lot will depend on how their teams finish the season. If SEA wins out and skins don't make the playoffs, it would be tough to not give it to RW IMO

Slimpickens

Quote Originally Posted by MobFade View Post
    RGIII is ahead now, but a lot will depend on how their teams finish the season. If SEA wins out and skins don't make the playoffs, it would be tough to not give it to RW IMO
    Lucks Current odds to win right now are 1/2.

Slimpickens

He should be just like AP should be in the discussion for NFL MVP and Comeback Player of the Year.
    Oh AP is definetly in the discussion for MVP now. Passed Tom Brady for 2nd likliest winner yesterday.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I was thinking the 3rd was Tannehill because Wilson had 0 rushing TDS last time I checked, but I guess he got 3 last week.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Statistically, they're even closer when comparing advanced stats than conventional stats, which are a lot more meaningful than raw numbers. Seattle has the better offensive line and better run support (As good as Morris is, Lynch is better), and Washington's option offense affords RG3 a natural advantage in rushing and a more complicated system for defenses to contain. The Seahawks have played a marginally tougher schedule.

A big negative for RG3 is his tendency to put himself in situations where he's taking big shots all game. RG3 actually has 11 fumbles this year (only 2 fumbles lost) to Wilson's 5/3. I feel like Wilson is the smarter QB, and plays better situational football. I give the edge to Wilson as the QB I would prefer to have on my team. By the end of the year, I think he'll deserve it more, but it will be close.

If you step outside QBs, Alfred Morris and Doug Martin both deserve attention as well. Both have been shouldering huge loads all year.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Statistically, they're even closer when comparing advanced stats than conventional stats, which are a lot more meaningful than raw numbers. Seattle has the better offensive line and better run support (As good as Morris is, Lynch is better), and Washington's option offense affords RG3 a natural advantage in rushing and a more complicated system for defenses to contain. The Seahawks have played a marginally tougher schedule.

A big negative for RG3 is his tendency to put himself in situations where he's taking big shots all game. RG3 actually has 11 fumbles this year (only 2 fumbles lost) to Wilson's 5/3. I feel like Wilson is the smarter QB, and plays better situational football. I give the edge to Wilson as the QB I would prefer to have on my team. By the end of the year, I think he'll deserve it more, but it will be close.

If you step outside QBs, Alfred Morris and Doug Martin both deserve attention as well. Both have been shouldering huge loads all year.
    The race is really close, and it will probably only get closer. If Seattle wins out and finishes at 11-5, it will be hard to ignore what Russell Wilson has done. However, if the Skins make the playoffs, I think RG3 deserves it, assuming he plays at least one more game this season.

There is no question that Luck and RG3 are more valuable to their team, but it the award is called "ROY," not "Rookie MVP." If it were Rookie MVP, it would be a two man race between RG3 and Luck. But it's not. Since we are giving the award to the best rookie, I think it is a two-man race between RG3 and Wilson.

Don't forget that Wilson has already beaten the Patriots, Packers, Cowboys, and the Bears. Impressive.

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

Lucks Current odds to win right now are 1/2.
    Ya, that is the worst bet in professional sports at the moment. No doubt Luck has elevated his team, but he is still statistically one of the 3 WORST QB's in the league according to QBR. Indy might make the playoffs in a feat of variance rivaled only by Tebow and the Broncos last year, but being drafted first overall and being the second coming of Peyton/Jesus does not in and of itself make you a shoe in for ROY, no matter what ESPN says.

I do think that Luck will be a great QB in the future, but the Colts are a bad team on a heater right now.

Speedy88

Ya, that is the worst bet in professional sports at the moment. No doubt Luck has elevated his team, but he is still statistically one of the 3 WORST QB's in the league according to QBR. Indy might make the playoffs in a feat of variance rivaled only by Tebow and the Broncos last year, but being drafted first overall and being the second coming of Peyton/Jesus does not in and of itself make you a shoe in for ROY, no matter what ESPN says.

I do think that Luck will be a great QB in the future, but the Colts are a bad team on a heater right now.
    Agreed. Statistics aren't everything, but they also don't lie. Just don't see how you can give a guy the ROY award. He leads the league in interceptions! For goodness sakes, he has more INT's than Sanchez. People need to get off Luck's jock.

Slimpickens

I dont disagree, was just stating his current odds on status. He has now been bet up to -250.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Redskins win without RG3 playing

would the Colts w/out Luck?

doesn't matter what QB rating says or numbers that's due to offensive styles of teams = more or less risky style of play

total QBR is better rating and all 3 are pretty close there, redskins won last 2 games without RG3 available (at end of Ravens game)

Luck has 6 4th quarter comebacks & doesn't have the defense Seattle sports or plays a safe offense like Redskins do

Luck hasn't once made a fatal 4th quarter decision in a game that is up for grabs (8-1 in games decided by 8 points or less)

lots of reasons for either guy to win it this year

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I would vote for Wilson right now, the guy is just a pure efficient machine.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post

Foolishly irrelevant, unless you're suggesting Kirk Cousins and Drew Stanton are equivalent options? Stanton hasn't taken a snap since Dec 19, 2010. Washington has the FAR superior backup QB.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post

doesn't matter what QB rating says or numbers that's due to offensive styles of teams = more or less risky style of play

total QBR is better rating and all 3 are pretty close there, redskins won last 2 games without RG3 available (at end of Ravens game)

Luck has 6 4th quarter comebacks & doesn't have the defense Seattle sports or plays a safe offense like Redskins do

Luck hasn't once made a fatal 4th quarter decision in a game that is up for grabs (8-1 in games decided by 8 points or less)

lots of reasons for either guy to win it this year

Speedy88

Lets not forget Cousins beat the Browns. I think there are plenty of backups that are capable of beating the Browns. The fact that Cousins beat the Browns last week shouldn't hurt RG3 in the ROY race, but the fact that he has now missed a couple games should be held against him.

One major difference between Wilson and RG3 is that Wilson NEVER takes big hits. I've watched every single game, and I don't think I can remember one time where Wilson has gotten hit hard.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Wilson is actually the greatest "story" of all these guys, and your average fan on the street wouldn't recognize him and doesn't even know anything about him. It's a shame. Guy lasted to the third round, was supposedly too small to play, and has basically dominated, as a rookie! Including needing to win the job away from a big-money free agent signing. If not for the highly publicized Luck and Griffin (not that they don't deserve the pub too), he'd be the story of the season. Love the guy. Too bad he'll never win this.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Wilson is actually the greatest "story" of all these guys, and your average fan on the street wouldn't recognize him and doesn't even know anything about him. It's a shame. Guy lasted to the third round, was supposedly too small to play, and has basically dominated, as a rookie! Including needing to win the job away from a big-money free agent signing. If not for the highly publicized Luck and Griffin (not that they don't deserve the pub too), he'd be the story of the season. Love the guy. Too bad he'll never win this.
    All the analysts agree. If Wilson were 3-4 inches taller, he would have been the #3 pick behind Luck and RG3.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Luck has the records and the win diff, he will the award. But I agree it is close. All 3 are outstanding and this year's class will never live up to these gentlemen. But the Colts were a joke last season and now will make the playoffs.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Such a hard year to pick the ROY. IMO RG3 wins it, Luck should win it, and Russ is very unlucky being a rookie in this year b/c he is playing good enough to win it in a lot of other years. Luck is doing more w/ less than any of the other 2 QBs.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Griffin might lead the league in passer rating and QB rushing he has a better case for MVP than luck does for ROY.

12 Last