It pains me when people like him and I are proven right over the years

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let the verbal shallacking begin...

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Drug control is stellar too. Rape, stabbing, robbery, arson, drunk driving all gone. Abolished.

It's the mentally challenged people that need help and its starts from the parents at home. They kill people.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Costas wasn't talking about gun control.

He was talking about the gun culture among professional athletes.

Did you take the time to listen to him? or what he said the following day?

These were his words:

NBC Sports commentator, Bob Costas, continued to do the rounds on TV on Wednesday in an effort to calm the storm surrounding his Sunday Night Football remarks on the availability of guns. Costas stood by his comments but seemed to regret the way in which certain aspects of his commentary were received.

“I am not looking to repeal the Second Amendment… I didn't call for any specific prohibition on guns,” Costas told Bill O’Reilly on the latter’s nightly show. “I am not the least bit afraid to talk about the gun culture,” he continued. It was clear from Costas’ demeanor that he was not used to performing damage control. At times during his interview with O’Reilly, Costas appeared nervous and uncomfortable; however he got his point across with few interruptions from the host (a rare occurrence).

Costas went on to state that his Sunday Night Football commentary was more of an observation on the amount of guns floating around the NFL, and less to do with gun control, a term he correctly said was never mentioned by him at any point on Sunday. Evident from from Costas’ interview was that he feels that guns are too readily available and that more stringent background checks and training programs should be introduced.
    Last edited by SamDiamond; 12-14-12 at 07:36 PM.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Nice post, Sammy.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by ChileCheese View Post
    It pains me when people like him and I are proven right over the years
    The only thing that's been "proven" by you over the years is that you're a dumbfukk pedophile.

Best of luck with all that!!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    The only thing that's been "proven" by you over the years is that you're a dumbfukk pedophile.

moron is back for more abuse

costas was 100% right

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Tobacco kills more people than guys, ban it. Ban it all now. Tobacco control.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Tobacco kills more people than guys, ban it. Ban it all now. Tobacco control.
    People choose to smoke or chew tobacco they dont choose to get shot at school or a movie theatre. There's no solution anyways people will always go crazy and shoot people because they know it brings mass attention. Why go out alone when CNN and the rest of the world will report it.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

This place is becoming a disaster, take your beliefs to another forum. This is a gambling forum, we should be thinking about the kids and families who suffered today and that's it.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    People choose to smoke or chew tobacco they dont choose to get shot at school or a movie theatre. There's no solution anyways people will always go crazy and shoot people because they know it brings mass attention. Why go out alone when CNN and the rest of the world will report it.
    Second hand smoke kills more people than guns. Now what?

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Again you can avoid that easier than a gun being pointed to your head.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Smoking or tobacco, in general is a personal choice. Using a firearm, who's ONLY job is to kill, on another human is doing something different - it's violating someone else's freaking life. You can't compare ANYTHING to guns. Not cars, not drugs, not f'n anything. It's stupid at this point to draw a parallel. I give Costas credit for having the balls to take on the fear/hate wing of the US. I'm glad the President stepped up today, also.

I believe in the 2nd Amendment - but I think it's time we at least talk about it. How many mass shootings have to happen before we do it? This issue really doesn't have to do with the 2nd Amendment, though - sure the guns used by these insane people did the work, but it's the fact that these assholes think it's ok to violate other people's right to live.

The real elephant in the room is the stigma on people's mental health. This is a huge issue that's cultural and how we view living in the US. This isn't the wild west. It's how the white-right wing views living, IMO, and I think that ideology became dated after they killed all the Natives, enslaved Africans and kicked the Brits out of the States. I'm not gonna be packing just to live my life. That's de-evolution of humankind. I sure as shit wouldn't send a 5 year old to school packin heat.

The problem is societal. It's too big of an issue to tackle in clever sound bites. The time passed long ago. I think the debate has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. I think it has everything to do with the assholes that think having 30 round clips is more important than anything in their lives. Fear/hate and not embracing mental health is going to kill us all as a species. I just hope the debate goes live - there's easily 10-20 societal issues that the nation needs to address before we even think about talking about guns.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Easy to blame it on guns.

At the same time I can't argue against stricter gun control laws.

It's a complicated issue and I typically lean conservative but I would have no problem if they cracked down on gun control.

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

any thing can be a weapon.
    psycho's don't need guns to kill people.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/02...uicide-attack/

ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post

I know how troubling a day like today must be for you.
    A Hug from me to yours

Popcorn Trick
    Popcorn Trick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Shhhhhh!!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I don't know what the answer is but guns so readily available make it 100x easier for shit like this to happen.....Sure the next guy could come in with knives or a bomb or whatever, but I seriously doubt we would see this as nearly as often and deadly every few months like we do now

I usually lean very libertarian on social issues but this gun shit is crazy lately....And yes I know people kill people but the overall good of society is definitely in question with such easy access to guns for the crazies

mikefromsd
    mikefromsd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2257

I blame Hollyweird

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I have seen both sides use this tragedy as a way for leverage on gun control. To me, getting rid of all guns is just as dumb as saying all teachers should carry guns. Some teacher would eventually use it on a student. I think we should work together as a society to keep stupid people from getting guns. You get a vision check when you get your drivers license, you need a physical to play sports, why not require a short mental evaluation when getting a gun licences. Make the penalty for having a gun without a license stiffer, especially if a trained professional said you were deemed unstable. Nothing is ever going to solve ALL crime, that is just stupid to think, but if we worked together instead of fighting, we could make things harder on criminals, save a few lives and not punish those who are not abusing their rights.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Re-posting from elsewhere. Don't feel like typing it all again.
    I'm really done with the 2nd Amendment arguments. I'm with the Amendment. I still am. What happened today in Sandy Hook/Newtown was within 30 seconds of where I used to work and 5 minutes from where I used to live for a long time and most of my family is close to there (less than 5 miles). Hell, if I live 100 yards in another direction, that's where I would've went to school, when I was younger. I'm certain I have former school-mates that have kids that go to that school. I've been by there 100s of times. It hits home BIG, to me. But to waste time talking about guns is not the real real issue. It's societal. Yeah, my natural instinct is to jump on the ban gun thing, but the root cause is bigger. Our culture is fahked.

I just hope this nation gets on the wagon of talking about issues (the 10+) that are involved with what happened today - and stop sucking off corporate interests/bullshit lobbies rather than the PEOPLE. The REAL elephant in the room is mental health, insurance and health care. That's the big one - but there's a fuckton more.

At some point our nation has to grow up and deal with REAL issues, rather than fear crap like the NRA. This crap happens way too much and guns aren't the issue, although, they do the heavy lifting. Lets find the root - and this topic is HUGE. That conversation MUST happen or this kind of crap will continue. I know what happened in Newtown is a big deal, because it's an upper-middle class area - with plenty of 1%ers.. Socio-economics is a big deal we need to get over. It's a smaller issue in the bigger picture.... Ugh - Holding off tangents of life experience in Newtown, CT.

Bottom line is, I'm glad the President took charge today in bringing up the issue of guns. I know that's not the real problem - I just hope, as a nation, we can discuss the REAL roots. We've all been pussy-footing around them to be smart/brilliant - whilst our elected leaders side with deep pocketed people BEFORE everyone else, and sucking off the fear/hate living fox news intentional-morons to appease them. People don't need to die for no reason. That stance won't ever change, for me. Lets find the root and incinerate that. Can we? We have to.

Just 1 quick tangent, I must vent, sorry - the joke about Newtown cops was if you got pulled over, you'd get cuffed/frisked/violated. There are some streets there that if you broke the 20 MPH speed limit by 1 MPH you'd suffer those consequences. Yes, there are 15 and 20 MPH streets all over there. One thing you learned fast is to not penetrate with their cops. Hell their cop cars were always modern and ahead of anything any neighboring town had. The thing you always remembered in Newtown was that it was always watched/observed - and you did not f with it. Speeding meant you might have an anal probe - that's their reputation. If kids can get gunned down there, then where the F do we start REALLY talking about why we're all fahked. It's gotta happen.

Bottom line is - does it have to happen in your community before you wake up to the REAL issues involved? There's a TON to tackle here - but lets get talking. Only way it's going to be solved.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

You want to talk about real issues? You and most of the people you know are going to die from heart disease or cancer. Maybe you're one of the 100,000 people killed every year by medical mistake. Unlikely, but you are still 8x-10x more likely to die at the hands of a physician than a lunatic with a gun. If causes of death were pro sports, random gun violence would be the Pittsburgh Pirates.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Guns are not the root cause of these mass murders so stop being ridiculous and dramatic.

However these tragedies can be reduced by minimizing gun restriction laws and allowing open carry everywhere. This kind of crap won't be happening to the same extent in an open carry environment.