tuckman
    tuckman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2398

The problem with BetIslands right now is they built their reputation on same day payouts. When they first popped up, they needed a niche so that was it and they lived up to those standards quite well which landed them with the book to be with for all you squares. Now that its a few days for a P2P, they have nothing to offer anyone. Its surely not their lines, or their mass options to wager, etc etc. If they cant get back to same day P2P, they are just another vanilla shop not worth using.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 5 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ttrace35, 5mike5, darkhat, Cuse0323, and Hankwins

JasonDC
    JasonDC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 238

This is mind boggling to me..with the problems Debtislands are having there is no way i would admit that the boss and his sidekick Ryan are on vacation..even if it were true i would never tell people that..people are pissed they cant get their money and you tell them the boss cant help solve your problem because he is on vacation...again! amazing.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29104

Quote Originally Posted by tuckman View Post
    The problem with BetIslands right now is they built their reputation on same day payouts. When they first popped up, they needed a niche so that was it and they lived up to those standards quite well which landed them with the book to be with for all you squares. Now that its a few days for a P2P, they have nothing to offer anyone. Its surely not their lines, or their mass options to wager, etc etc. If they cant get back to same day P2P, they are just another vanilla shop not worth using.

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonDC View Post
    This is mind boggling to me..with the problems Debtislands are having there is no way i would admit that the boss and his sidekick Ryan are on vacation..even if it were true i would never tell people that..people are pissed they cant get their money and you tell them the boss cant help solve your problem because he is on vacation...again! amazing.
    this!

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

If that's what they are saying, I'd say betislands accounts are worth maybe 25c on the dollar...... Pretty good chance they'll not survive this run on the bank.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

jon i cannot speak for but ryan was supposed to be in all week (that's what he told me yesterday) and he had a personal emergency to take care of (that is what i was told today)

tuckman

Quote Originally Posted by RealSlimShady View Post
    If that's what they are saying, I'd say betislands accounts are worth maybe 25c on the dollar...... Pretty good chance they'll not survive this run on the bank.

.25 cents on the dollar? They are paying out still, so just be up in line first before they run out of loot if the run on the bank continues.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post

Had houston won last night I would have probably gotten paid today.

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

The over is what got them, too.

Sammy had both, NE & Ov

I'm glad I deal with a solid Local & Bookmaker/DSI (5Dimes & Heritage)

tuckman

I honestly dont believe its a money issue as much of an incompatence issue and prossing problem. If it was indeed a money issue why the hell would they have aquired a dead 7red book and agreed to pay the scam artist Cory and apparently are doing so. I do think if the run on the bank continues, it will then become a money issue as well. GTFO either way though, you can always re-deposit once the smoke clears if they walk away still up and running and able to process those same day P2P

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Somebody give their email address please.

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

IF they get everything working right in 2 weeks...I'll love to bump this thread and your posts in here and see if you eat crow.
    This is just the topic of the day...everyone jumping on board when the issue has already been explained.

I don't even play there or necessarily like them and still realize these threads are without merit. Jon posted many times on this forum in the last week on what the issue is..it's not like it just popped up today. 3/4 of the posters in this thread don't even have a pending withdrawal...everyone just jumps on the ship.

Something tells me everyone saying "BETISLANDS IS DONE" will forget they said it when they are back up and running fine in a week or two...Let's see what you say if that happens.

woodsy5822
    woodsy5822's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1212

I honestly dont believe its a money issue as much of an incompatence issue and prossing problem. If it was indeed a money issue why the hell would they have aquired a dead 7red book and agreed to pay the scam artist Cory and apparently are doing so. I do think if the run on the bank continues, it will then become a money issue as well. GTFO either way though, you can always re-dopsit once the smoke clears if they walk away still up and running and able to process those same day P2P

maybe they bouught 7red casue they saw this coming?? i dont know just a possibility.. i agree with what you are saying though...

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    jon i cannot speak for but ryan was supposed to be in all week (that's what he told me yesterday) and he had a personal emergency to take care of (that is what i was told today)
    Yeah, he had to get the hell out of dodge with everyone's money....

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cloverfield obviously Jon's ghost. How's the weather in Maui?

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfield View Post
    IF they get everything working right in 2 weeks...I'll love to bump this thread and your posts in here and see if you eat crow.
    This is just the topic of the day...everyone jumping on board when the issue has already been explained.

I don't even play there or necessarily like them and still realize these threads are without merit. Jon posted many times on this forum in the last week on what the issue is..it's not like it just popped up today. 3/4 of the posters in this thread don't even have a pending withdrawal...everyone just jumps on the ship.

Something tells me everyone saying "BETISLANDS IS DONE" will forget they said it when they are back up and running fine in a week or two...Let's see what you say if that happens.
    SO what? I hope thats exactly what happens. Been there over 2 years and loved it. Wish it does get better in 2 weeks.

Smoke

JasonDC
    JasonDC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 238

The guy i spoke to today, his name was Rudy, told me that he used to work for betislands and was rehired to help with customer service, he said this was his first day back on the job..it will be interesting to see if Ryan comes back..i wish i could bet on whether or not the story of Ryan being away for a 'personal emergency' is true..id unload my whole account that it's a BS story..A good general manager would never leave his business for a vacation at a time when many of his clients are unhappy and have questions to be answered..im sorry Jon but thats the truth.

RealSlimShady

I honestly dont believe its a money issue as much of an incompatence issue and prossing problem. If it was indeed a money issue why the hell would they have aquired a dead 7red book and agreed to pay the scam artist Cory and apparently are doing so. I do think if the run on the bank continues, it will then become a money issue as well. GTFO either way though, you can always re-deposit once the smoke clears if they walk away still up and running and able to process those same day P2P
    Not sure, but say if you had a big balance there and someone offered you 90% of value in cash now, I'm sure you'd take it. I don't know what fair value is on $ there, but it certainly isn't 100%. Maybe my estimate of 25% is low, but there's risk to account balances there if they're not paying in a timely fashion.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    SO what?
    Jon will come in with a nice essay to clear everyone's worries for a bit until the shit hits the fan again. Hopefully people see the writing on the wall and stop playing at that dump with shit lines, shit CS and shit management. But, people are entitled to do as they wish, as stupid as it may be.

Smoke

Hey darky, I don't get why people just don't deal with Wager Chief Shawn aka Ryan " fast payout " Rossi , he will take care of all their needs. #1 clerk in the industry

tuckman

Not sure, but say if you had a big balance there and someone offered you 90% of value in cash now, I'm sure you'd take it. I don't know what fair value is on $ there, but it certainly isn't 100%. Maybe my estimate of 25% is low, but there's risk to account balances there if they're not paying in a timely fashion.
    I get they are not paying out on a timely fashion to their standards they have set, and checks stopped out of no place (bullshit excuse to use Sandy), but they are still processing P2P within a few days, that is great compared to most books and even A rated books.

If BetIsland was smart to save their reputation and this is indeed not a money issue, find a few guys in the states, pay them a few % to help facilitate money out to customers in a timely fashion. They still get the fees they normally get and it might cost a bit more than that to get the help stateside, but in the longterm, that few extra % would save their reputation and it would be made back 10 fold

RealSlimShady

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfield View Post

Sure, bump it. I could very well be wrong.
    But when the people who are supposedly in charge of paying are suddenly "on vacation" it should raise red flags. Nothing more, nothing less.

tuckman

Probably alot easier for BI to make one mass payment or 2 mass payments to someone stateside with a % for them to help over say 300 P2P that have been requested at this point. Its not a longterm solution but one that could bail them out of the current situation

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Unreal.

My $12 to win $290 on the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl better get paid.

Popcorn....easy on butter extra salt

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Hey darky, I don't get why people just don't deal with Wager Chief Shawn aka Ryan " fast payout " Rossi , he will take care of all their needs. #1 clerk in the industry
    why are you reposting this??

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by CollegePro View Post
    why are you reposting this??
    it was flying illini's quote of the week last week so it is part of some deal they have

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

surprise surprise, another thread about this dogshit costa rican book and its absentee, lying dickhead owner.

how many of these is it going to take for people to stop playing there forever?

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betislands has never stiffed anyone, ever.

They deserve the benefit of the doubt here.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by DudleyDawson View Post

Weren't you the one who yelled "FIRE!" in a crowded room on BetIslands a few weeks back?

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by DudleyDawson View Post

Everybody always pays. Until that 1 day when they dont.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: paranoyd androyd

Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    it was flying illini's quote of the week last week so it is part of some deal they have

First ... 3456789 ... Last