Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Did Anyone else see Austin Trout Win Decisively over Miguel Cotto Last Night?

Very impressive win for the young 154 pounder, especially going into a longtime Cotto turf at MSG. This instantly puts Trout up with the other top 154 Pound fighters like Floyd Mayweather, Canelo Alvarez and Robert Guerrero.

I think Cotto is on probably one more loss away from retirement and after seeing Austin Trout last night the idea of him vs Canelo Alvarez intrigues me even more than Cotto

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Alverez vs Austin will be the better fight.. If Cotto can't win in MSG what makes anyoen think he can win anywhere else.. And yes I was there at MSG last night and it's Peurto Rico country in MSG last night.. He really didn't have a lot.. Cotto was feared because of the power behind his punches, he couldn't hurt Austin last night and 3 rounds in told my wife it was going to the scorecard or Austin will win in KO..

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cotto

Looked Old.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Was there...had good seat too...trout was the play all day...if I could post pics from my phone I would..may post later...certainly opens some things up for Floyd...he could whoop Guerrero first and let Canelo trout duke it out ...trout could be a prob for Floyd

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Canelo - Trout is happening for sure. I feel like right from Round 1, commentators were all over Trout knowing that he was going to win this fight and they needed to start hyping him more. Don't get me wrong, he definitely deserved the win. Just feel like everyone in the know at Showtime saw this coming a mile away. Cotto's heart didnt appear to be in it. Talking about retirement and his family. Can't have one foot in one out in sports, especially combat sports.

Couldnt believe Trout still sitting at +180 live in 11th round.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Dank_Fire View Post
    Very impressive win for the young 154 pounder, especially going into a longtime Cotto turf at MSG. This instantly puts Trout up with the other top 154 Pound fighters like Floyd Mayweather, Canelo Alvarez and Robert Guerrero.

I think Cotto is on probably one more loss away from retirement and after seeing Austin Trout last night the idea of him vs Canelo Alvarez intrigues me even more than Cotto
    Dude seriously take me thru your mindset and tell me how you didn't see the other threads on this same topic to ask this question? Just curious.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Dude seriously take me thru your mindset and tell me how you didn't see the other threads on this same topic to ask this question? Just curious.

id like to know how he thinks beating an irrelevant washed almost washed up guy like Cotto put Trout on the same level as Mayweather... again, i have to laugh

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post

id like to know how he thinks beating an irrelevant washed almost washed up guy like Cotto put Trout on the same level as Mayweather... again, i have to laugh
    To be honest, Trout would give Mayweather a hell of a run for his money. Don't forget, Mayweather ain't so spring chicken either. His time should be coming soon if he's not smart enough to pack it in before then. Problem is, they got a younger version of Mayweather coming up in Broner. Guy will be killing big names shortly.

MARVEL
    MARVEL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 935

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    To be honest, Trout would give Mayweather a hell of a run for his money. Don't forget, Mayweather ain't so spring chicken either. His time should be coming soon if he's not smart enough to pack it in before then. Problem is, they got a younger version of Mayweather coming up in Broner. Guy will be killing big names shortly.
    Its funny because people thought boxing would be in win trouble when Manny and Floyd retire, but with Broner and Gary Russell Jr coming up boxing is going to be exciting for many more years. If you haven't checked out Gary Russell Jr, you are probably seeing the quickest hands you will see in your life, it should be illegal to have hands that quick.

Mojorising21
    Mojorising21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 720

Trout is nothing special just had youth on his side and on the other was an old great warrior at the end of his Career.To many wars for Cotto.Its time for him to hang em up

Thor4140

You would think after some of these comments Trout is the next Leonard. The guy had a nice fight. He is a lefty which gives Cotto a little problem. He is bigger. At no time did i think Cotto was gonna be knocked out. Reading this sight u might think Cotto got smashed from post to post.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Mojorising21 View Post
    Trout is nothing special just had youth on his side and on the other was an old great warrior at the end of his Career.To many wars for Cotto.Its time for him to hang em up
    He still has talent but you are right. Why fight on. hopefully he saved some money. A lot of these knuckleheads don't.

Mercersux

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    You would think after some of these comments Trout is the next Leonard. The guy had a nice fight. He is a lefty which gives Cotto a little problem. He is bigger. At no time did i think Cotto was gonna be knocked out. Reading this sight u might think Cotto got smashed from post to post.
    I didn't think that Trout had a chance of knocking out Cotto but from the 8th round on there were multiple times Cotto got hurt. So honestly not sure what fight you were watching. Also, I think Trout actually is very good. He should Canelo all he can handle and can beat him. So if he beats Canelo then what will you be saying?

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

He should Canelo all he can handle and can beat him. So if he beats Canelo then what will you be saying?
    He will do nothing of the sorts. Also him giving Floyd a run for his money comments are a joke as well. People jump on hype trains way too fast. This fight says more about where Cotto is than where Trout is. Trout gets a lopsided ass whooping from Canelo and the only question is whether he survives 12 rounds. I really hope people like you jump on Trout so I can hit the Canelo line even harder.

Mercersux

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    He will do nothing of the sorts. Also him giving Floyd a run for his money comments are a joke as well. People jump on hype trains way too fast. This fight says more about where Cotto is than where Trout is. Trout gets a lopsided ass whooping from Canelo and the only question is whether he survives 12 rounds. I really hope people like you jump on Trout so I can hit the Canelo line even harder.
    Would love to see you unload on Canelo. Will make my line even better. Nobody is jumping on any stupid hype train because he beat Cotto. It wasn't surprising in the first place because I knew and it seems mostly everyone on this forum knew Trout was going to win. As far as Canelo, Don't twist what I said. I know it will be a very competitive fight fought at a high level. I just give the slight edge to Trout. As far as lopsided, now thats a JOKE.

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Cause Thor you asswipe i dont spend all day on the forum clicking refresh at the top of the page..

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Sorry but Austin's not in the same league as Mayweather... as of now atleast.. Maybe in the future but now no..

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Dank_Fire View Post
    Cause Thor you asswipe i dont spend all day on the forum clicking refresh at the top of the page..
    u have to be on the forum all day long to realize there were two or three other threads pertaining to the same subject, right on the very same front page? Interesting

flickavic
    Lets Go Skins !!!
    flickavic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

IMO Canelo would put a beating on Trout,and Mayweather would box the ears off Trout. Trout could be competitive with anyone else though.I'd also like to see Angulo and Kirkland back in the mix.Cotto is WAY to in love with his left hook. The few times he would mix his straight right in he would land it. He was winning the fight when he was the bully, putting Trout in the corner or his back to the ropes. When he would let trout come forward and he would try to be a counter puncher he would loose that round.
    Last edited by flickavic; 12-03-12 at 01:01 PM.

Thor4140

I didn't think that Trout had a chance of knocking out Cotto but from the 8th round on there were multiple times Cotto got hurt. So honestly not sure what fight you were watching. Also, I think Trout actually is very good. He should Canelo all he can handle and can beat him. So if he beats Canelo then what will you be saying?
    im not knocking Trout bud. i was knocking some of these points of views. Cotto got stung a few times but u are kidding yourself if u think he at anytime was ready to call it quits. Cotto is not as bad as a lot of guys are making him out too be and Trout isn't as good as they are making him out to be. If he beat Canelo i wouldn't say anything. I think it is a pretty even fight cause Trout is crafty. Cotto might have beaten Trout if he would have stayed to the body. All those silly bombs he was throwing were useless. Cotto was getting to the body and they were working. I have also said for years that if u want to beat Cotto go to his body. he loves to body punch but he sure hates getting them.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Trout won, but those scorecards were awful. Right man won, but the judges need to be fired

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Would love to see you unload on Canelo. Will make my line even better. Nobody is jumping on any stupid hype train because he beat Cotto. It wasn't surprising in the first place because I knew and it seems mostly everyone on this forum knew Trout was going to win. As far as Canelo, Don't twist what I said. I know it will be a very competitive fight fought at a high level. I just give the slight edge to Trout. As far as lopsided, now thats a JOKE.
    Can't wait to hear your excuse after Canelo walks down Trout

Mercersux

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    Can't wait to hear your excuse after Canelo walks down Trout
    Well I'm sure by the time this fight goes down we'll both have forgotten about this little back and forth but hey whatever floats your boat brother...lol