dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Does anyone's bookie offer them "lightning" bets?

Best kind of bet there is...

For example, a $100 lightning bet on the Patriots -3. For every point the Patriots cover by, you make $100. So if the Patriots win by 10, you make $700... but, if the Patriots lose by 10, you owe $1,300.... Such a fun bet and great way to make some money (or lose a lot). Garbage tds/fgs end up meaning so much.

Anyone here ever make this kind of bet?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Correct term is action points

I think 5 Dimes has them for NFL

Greek Also

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

you got to call these bets in

dlunc3

My local calls them lightning bets... never seen an offshore book take them... Will have to look into it for fun every now and then

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

I was thinking this would be popular for NBA. Gives you interest even late into games where your side is losing or winning big. Also was thinking an Asian Handicap could be developed for NBA spreads where you basically have action on a variety of alt spreads contained within a single bet.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

UK has it at spread betting firms but not for usa citizens

5 Dimes does not offer it..I called

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    you got to call these bets in
    nice info....u been behaving urself 'jerry?'

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man this could be dangerous, or awesome.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Correct term is action points

I think 5 Dimes has them for NFL

Greek Also

Bookmaker also has action points, you have to call them in. They are more fun with basketball than football, action points on the over good times when you win

dlunc3

I got hit hard with one of these bets a few years back when the pats were blowing everyone out.. of course I jump on them with a lightning bet and then they decide to stop blowing everyone out

talk about a rush though if you ever needed one...

Fun bet for the casual/fun bettor, not the serious investor.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    Bookmaker also has action points, you have to call them in. They are more fun with basketball than football, action points on the over good times when you win
    You could make bank or lose the bank if/when OT strikes... that could be brutal/amazing.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Never even heard of it. Sounds decent.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38481

If your not familiar with ACTION POINTS, here is how they will work at -Fishheadwagering- for Packers/Lions..............(Though all i'm doing is just copying what books do on prop bets and making it sound new to you posters to make myself look cool)

1. Each and every ACTION POINT at FHW will be worth 10 pts and each poster that wagers ACTION POINTS will have the oppurtunity to win or lose anywhere from 1-15 ACTION POINTS(10-150 PTS). (15 is the limit for me because I'm............ scared of losing more than 150 betpoints to you posters.

2. ONLY POSTERS WITH A MINUMUM OF 150 PTS will be eligible to particpate in this NO VIG ACTION POINTS PROMOTION AS THEY MUST TRANSFER THE 150 PTS TO FHW AFTER STATING WHICH SIDE THEY WOULD LIKE THEIR ACTION POINTS WAGER ON. (Of course I will reject 90% of the offers as usual that is given to me but it's not like they would know)

3. The static line to be used for the games will be LIONS +6.5 and PACKERS -6.5, and these lines will remain the same until FHW closes this offer, which FHW has the right to do at anytime before the game begins, pay attention in the thread to make sure this VIG FREE offer still is available. (Yes pay attention to this thread. SBR Points are serious business. This is all i do and betpoints mean everytime to me and occupy at least 10 hours of my day eventhough I'm a MILLIONAIRE from Iowa.)

4. A poster will win 10 pts for each and every pt that their wager beats the POINTSPREAD SIDE they choose, for example, if a poster takes LIONS +6.5 POINTS and they win by 3 pts, the poster will have won by 6.5 pts and would win 65 SBR POINTS, if LIONS losses by 15, they would lose 115 points. A poster can choose either side, and can only win or lose a MAXIMUM OF 15 PTS(150 pts) (Of course there will be no more than 3 players i have action with and the maximum amount and i can lose to each poster is minimal so FishHeadWagering won't take more than a 450 point hit daily because we are a LUCRATIVE SHOP.)

5. This promo is for GREEN BAY/ DETROIT LIONS game only. (Remember you have 20 minutes before gametime SHARP to make your offer and I will choose to accept or reject your offer. Of course I will look for an excuse to reject your offer as I don't take more than 3 offers in a day.)

6. Periodically throughout the day FHW will state all who have CONFIRMED ACTION........if for some reason a poster/punter did something wrong, they will be notified that they have NO ACTION. (Yes I always CAPITALIZE those few words EVERY SINGLE TIME)

That's it, sit back and enjoy a VIG FREE ACTION PTS WAGER with -FHW-!........for LIVE PENDING ACTION on this promo simply...........

A. POST YOUR TEAM(Packers/Lions)
    B. TRANsFER 150 PTS in this thread to -FH-

-FHW-, where the SBR POINT PROS play!

And remember, MATCHBOOK IS A MUST OUT FOR THE USA PUNTER!

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

interesting but unless you had a credit acct you would have to have a large extra balance in your acct right..dont see how this could work at a cash place..i mean how could they take that bet from you if you had an extra few hundred in your acct, and then your team gets lit up by 20..then what?..you walk and never play there again..thats prob why they dont offer it.

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

what the fukkk is a fishhead?

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Quote Originally Posted by romecloneout View Post
    nice info....u been behaving urself 'jerry?'

who in the hell is jerry

do you think you know me or something?

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

I heard Artie Lange mention this before. If you win it's a great bet but if you lose you are done.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    interesting but unless you had a credit acct you would have to have a large extra balance in your acct right..dont see how this could work at a cash place..i mean how could they take that bet from you if you had an extra few hundred in your acct, and then your team gets lit up by 20..then what?..you walk and never play there again..thats prob why they dont offer it.

at bookmaker you set a limit up front, like say $10 a point 30 point max, so your max win or loss would be $300. I'm guessing that's why you have to call it in, so they make sure you have the money in your account. Not as much fun as a credit where you can win unlimited but not as risky either.

Sceptre
    Sceptre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I've played action points with two different bookies in Alabama for quite a few years.

I wold love to know what caused Sportbooks to stop taking them.