WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I keep hearing people saying that the Chiefs need to find a way to play hard and honor Javon Belcher with their play this afternoon.

Mike Ditka even said something about the guys needing to play with him in mind, or with his spirit today, which somewhat disappointed me.

I truly do feel bad for the Chiefs players and staff, as I have also dealt with suicide before and their road is sure to be long.....however...

How do you honor a murderer? Belcher murdered his girl, and orphaned his child. I understand there is little else that the Chiefs can say at this point, but how on earth do these guys play today? Tragedy can be a motivator, but this wasn't just a single man taking his life.
    Last edited by WvGambler; 12-02-12 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Autocorrect BS

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Agreed, it's sketchy territory. Not really a situation where you can rally behind it
    Last edited by coop; 12-02-12 at 09:50 AM.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Thought you were going to say Chiefs signed tt to fill roster spot based on thread title.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol, seaborneq, onacloud, and greenhippo

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I agree. Fukk Belcher.

I'd want nothing to do with his legacy. He's no better than OJ.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Thought you were going to say Chiefs signed tt to fill roster spot based on thread title.

Comedy level: 10/10

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Agreed. KC is in an impossible situation, really.

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Do you really see the chiefs coming out and shitting themselves though? I mean, at this point, what do they have to lose? Emotions will be high and what better way to release your hurt/frustrations by taking it to the opposing team? I think the team that is at a bigger risk of having a let down are the panthers. I think the play is KC or no play (no play for me).

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    I would have said they Rick majerus in a glass coffin?....too soon?

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles27 View Post
    Do you really see the chiefs coming out and shitting themselves though? I mean, at this point, what do they have to lose? Emotions will be high and what better way to release your hurt/frustrations by taking it to the opposing team? I think the team that is at a bigger risk of having a let down are the panthers. I think the play is KC or no play (no play for me).
    Maybe, and I am not saying "pound the Panthers" or anything like that. I do like the Panthers today, but that was earlier in the week when you could get -3 at (-105).

Sure, they could come out like a house on fire....but I think what's more likely to happen is the Panthers score early and the KC players just say "fukk it." They pretty much have a free pass today to mail it in; NO ONE would fault them. I also firmly believe that there are guys in that locker room today who are saying "forget Belcher. Let's honor him by doing nothing." Many of these guys have kids, and "brotherhood" aside....they have to be disgusted with him. For doing this to that child, that woman, and to them.

WvGambler

Chrimany, I misspelled Chiefs in the title......why cant that be edited? That drives me nuts.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would guess KC will be flat as hell.
    The organization sure is not going to honor a murderer and get the fans pumped up, and his loss will discourage the players.
    Carolina is underrated and played a TOUGH schedule (#1), lost some close ones but they just played a road game on Monday night, now to KC, laying 5, tought to back a 3-8 team laying 5 on the road.
    BUT if you have to decide, KC might be in shock and be flat whereas Carolina it is business as usual, so I would lean to Carolina.

WvGambler

Let's also not forget (speaking gambling) that this Chiefs team went like 10 games without a lead....and couldnt score a TD to save their souls.

This isnt a decent team, going through turmoil.....it's a bad team with little to play for long before yesterday.

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Absolutely love when people comment on shit and don't know all the details. Get a life or go get laid or something.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Watching it on the local channel Crennel is taking it really hard...the NFL gave the Chiefs one last chance to cancel the game last night at 9:30 and they refused. The local group who've been flying banners over the stadium and organizing food drives (can Pioli) in order to fire Crennel and Pioli have stood down for the day out of respect for the families. The media has been asking the general public to be respectful of the team today...(what a joke)

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Look what bryce brown did to the panthers I see Charles having a big game keeping the chiefs close

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    Look what bryce brown did to the panthers I see Charles having a big game keeping the chiefs close
    He was supposedly the closest on the team to Belcher too. He could absolutely go nuts.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Why cancel the game? Because a thug killed his 3 months old mother then killed himself? These guys are pros not baby's. Only a pussy would not want to play today.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah it's spelled Chiefs chief. Also I believe the term you was quoting was 400 lb elephant in the room.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Yeah Charles gf said Belcher and his gf were arguing a lot, I think Belcher must have gotten really angry, over reacted, realized he doesn't want to spend his life in jail so he killed himself

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by alling View Post
    Why cancel the game? Because a thug killed his 3 months old mother then killed himself? These guys are pros not baby's. Only a pussy would not want to play today.
    OK tough guy...it was for the coaches who were 20 ft from the guy when he killed himself....I know internet tough guys like yourself are bullet proof, but some normal people actually get affected from watching someone blow their brains out
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink, and SugarShane

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Chiefs have played some decent games at home against teams like Den/Bal. No way in hell would I lay more than 3 with the Panthers. They have a suspect defense and it always breaks down late in games.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

fukk belcher he is a heartless coward.

if he wanted to die, he should have just shot himself...

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    yeah it's spelled Chiefs chief. Also I believe the term you was quoting was 400 lb elephant in the room.
    What would I do without you?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    What would I do without you?
    Let's not even ponder the thought. Would be a terrible thing.
    Points Awarded:

WvGambler gave Mikail 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Maybe, and I am not saying "pound the Panthers" or anything like that. I do like the Panthers today, but that was earlier in the week when you could get -3 at (-105).

Sure, they could come out like a house on fire....but I think what's more likely to happen is the Panthers score early and the KC players just say "fukk it." They pretty much have a free pass today to mail it in; NO ONE would fault them. I also firmly believe that there are guys in that locker room today who are saying "forget Belcher. Let's honor him by doing nothing." Many of these guys have kids, and "brotherhood" aside....they have to be disgusted with him. For doing this to that child, that woman, and to them.
    I guess my spin is they dont come out and do it for Belcher, they come out and do it for them-selves and the city. Anger goes a long way in contact sports and I think people have got to be pissed at this point. Also Romeo stepping up and deciding to coach the game (even after witnessing one of his players commit suicide) should be inspirational to the players. He's not quitting, so why should they? Who knows though, this game has definitely peeked my interest (still not willing to wager any money on it though) lol. But if I did, Id lean chiefs.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

These teams have a lot in common, guess everyone forgot Rae Carutth. Although he didnt pull the trigger himself or commit suicide he caused the death of a woman he was with, who was pregnant.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

so charles' wife was belcher's girlfriend's cousin?

added impact here

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    These teams have a lot in common, guess everyone forgot Rae Carutth. Although he didnt pull the trigger himself or commit suicide he caused the death of a woman he was with, who was pregnant.
    nah man, belcher killed his girlfriend.

carruth killed a hooker with bad reviews.

too bad carruth missed your review or else he would have never touched that bitch...

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Belcher was black sir

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

yesterdays events was a microcosm of the chiefs organization in recent times.... pathetic

kill yourself is cowardly and killing another human being is like killing all of humanity.

fuk this piece of sh1t team. its time to clean house and start over. trade / draft qb, wr, te, any other offensive skill positions. relying on one receiver and a running back is pathetic.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who wants to bet the baby wasn't his and that's the reason he killed a bitch. It's one of the only logical explanations of why he'd kill her then himself.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    I would have said they Rick majerus in a glass coffin?....too soon?
    Too Soon? Try 'False Start" jerk

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Not the politically correct thing to say, but more likely to be the truth than playing for him rather than in spite of him.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

I keep hearing people saying that the Chiefs need to find a way to play hard and honor Lavon Belcher with their play this afternoon.

Mike Ditka even said something about the guys needing to play with him in mind, or with his spirit today, which somewhat disappointed me.

I truly do feel bad for the Chiefs players and staff, as I have also dealt with suicide before and their road is sure to be long.....however...

How do you honor a murderer? Belcher murdered his girl, and orphaned his child. I understand there is little else that the Chiefs can say at this point, but how on earth do these guys play today? Tragedy can be a motivator, but this wasn't just a single man taking his life.
    Who's Lavon Belcher

12 Last