No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

UCLA +270 Friday

Anyone on board with this? Bruins have the talent to get the job done. They had zero reason to beat Stanford last Saturday, and this game might tell a different story altogether.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

I don't like the ML

I like em + the number

Stanford too hot right now

Rolling on all cylinders. Will be a close game but I don't see UCLA winning

GL Coiner

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

UCLA will get thrashed just as bad as last week

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Hate the dog here. Stanford too good at 1) running the ball and 2)stopping the run.

There is the rematch angle, revenge, ect. But I would look at the X/O's angle and UCLA simply does not have enough talent on either line to get it done.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    I don't like the ML

I like em + the number

Stanford too hot right now

Rolling on all cylinders. Will be a close game but I don't see UCLA winning

GL Coiner
    Thanks. I'm just considering this play at this point -- like Georgia. I see reasons at least taking the points could work. Worried about UCLA up front on both sides of the ball. Stanford is superior in all facets there.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Hate the dog here. Stanford too good at 1) running the ball and 2)stopping the run.

There is the rematch angle, revenge, ect. But I would look at the X/O's angle and UCLA simply does not have enough talent on either line to get it done.
    Can't disagree with that. If UCLA covers and/or wins, they're going to need a lot of big plays from Hundley and Franklin.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I heard Stanford coach Shaw is a candidate to be the next coach of the Carolina Panthers.

As far as this bet .. I like taking the 9 points

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Anyone on board with this? Bruins have the talent to get the job done. They had zero reason to beat Stanford last Saturday, and this game might tell a different story altogether.
    No.

It would be one thing for UCLA to have lost a close game last week, or if they hadn't tried at all, but they did try to stand up with Stanford last weekend and failed in every key category. They got dominated at the LOS, allowing Stepfan Taylor to do whatever he wanted, and they couldn't protect Hundley at all. The Cardinal win this game easily.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

That would not be wise. Stanford is a different team with Hogan at QB. Don't see a close game here.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    No.

It would be one thing for UCLA to have lost a close game last week, or if they hadn't tried at all, but they did try to stand up with Stanford last weekend and failed in every key category. They got dominated at the LOS, allowing Stepfan Taylor to do whatever he wanted, and they couldn't protect Hundley at all. The Cardinal win this game easily.
    Thanks for the response, fellas. Two posters I respect a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    That would not be wise. Stanford is a different team with Hogan at QB. Don't see a close game here.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Don't trust the bruins at +20.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Ucla didn't show all there cards last game. Ucla +points and ml

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

UCLA first half ML at +230 has a lot more value
    Points Awarded:

SugarShane gave rm18 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

+8 for sure. ML worth a shot.

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please
    JayHorne3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Thanks. I'm just considering this play at this point -- like Georgia. I see reasons at least taking the points could work. Worried about UCLA up front on both sides of the ball. Stanford is superior in all facets there.
    UCLA and the points here should not be a bad play. I felt like they saved a lot last week and Stanford just does not have the offense to blow teams off the field unless the Bruins turn the ball over. However, I think Alabama could be the best play of the entire week. I know a lot of people are on Georgia but I have seen the Bulldogs play twice this season. They will not match-up well against Alabama on either side of the football. Georgia scored just 24 points against South Carolina and Florida (two defenses that I would compare) not to mention the fact Florida coughed up 6 turnovers. I know Alabama is living off a lot of last year's accomplishments but I have seen both teams live more than once this year, Alabama will have the upper hand in this game. Alabama -7 or no play.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Don't bury me pal... I've got kids.

tatddy

A) Ucla "not showing all their cards" is pie in the sky. I like the creativity thinking that a trip to Palo Alto is better than a trip to Eugene but I'm not buying it.

B) Why are you so impressed with this UCLA team? Look at the schedule. A dominant win vs a defenseless inconsistent Arizona team? A rivalry win vs the most underachieving bunch of scabs in college football in USC? Look, Jim Mora has done a great job with this team and they have a great future ahead of them but that doesn't put them on the same playing field with Stanford.

You guys know this game is all about momentum...what have you done for me lately. I'll repeat what I said before...Stanford is a completely different team with Hogan at QB. Nunes was completely inept and had no business being the QB for as long as he was. The stalled drives and complete lack of athleticism and playmaking ability are a thing of the past. The only reason the Oregon State/Stanford game was so close was because David Shaw was being David Shaw and did everything he could to kill momentum and not hit the kill switch. Stanford should have won by 10+ going away.

This Stanford team, with Hogan and it's current defensive form, could beat any of those SEC teams on a neutral field. Let's not get into that...just trying to emphasize how much more capable they are than UCLA. Can UCLA win? It's possible. The weather is crap in the Bay Area and that field could be full of slop where anything can happen. Jim Mora is a better coach than David Shaw. Does that make that much difference? Maybe.

But all the probability of UCLA winning don't justify the price you're getting.
    Points Awarded:

suicidekings gave tatddy 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Rule of thumb: Expect the unexpected in the Pac-12.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Rule of thumb: Expect the unexpected in the Pac-12.
    Good point. Transitive property definitely doesn't apply at all in the Pac12. Same teams playing a rematch game from a week before is definitely a unique one though.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

regardless of what ucla held back or not, what i think very apparent and hard to fix is they were murdered up front, i have no idea how that changes? this stan d shuts down a lot of high powered run gms and hard to see that not being the same.... no idea if i even play it but cant get past the fact i believe stanford will control the trenches so it either them or nothing to me, could very just pass but i cant play ucla.. ..

Lakers Dynasty
    Lakers Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

I wanted to Stanford but there is heavy rain expected for this game.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Dynasty View Post
    I wanted to Stanford but there is heavy rain expected for this game.
    Which means what exactly?

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

agreed with the up front comparisons. Stanford is just too big. I wish the spread was smaller. Im hoping to catch Stanford at a good number live.

Lakers Dynasty
    Lakers Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

It means sloppy field conditions are more likely to lead to more mistakes. I'm less incline to take chances on a favorite under these conditions.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I like the play... Feel this should be a coinflip. Grab the points too if you like it.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Dynasty View Post

It means sloppy field conditions are more likely to lead to more mistakes. I'm less incline to take chances on a favorite under these conditions.
    Sure. Also means more of a station to station game. UCLA's rush defense is not good. Stanford's rush defense is the best in the Nation.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

^^^ you think a sloppy field hurts stanford?

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

MAYBE just MAYBE cover but thats it.. stanford's too good

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

The pac 12 lets one of the teams have home field advantage in the championship game????

Thats fukkin bullshit!!!

And this game is at Stanford????

Man fukk that!!! UCLA will get their doors blown off this game is not even worth watching

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    A) Ucla "not showing all their cards" is pie in the sky. I like the creativity thinking that a trip to Palo Alto is better than a trip to Eugene but I'm not buying it.

B) Why are you so impressed with this UCLA team? Look at the schedule. A dominant win vs a defenseless inconsistent Arizona team? A rivalry win vs the most underachieving bunch of scabs in college football in USC? Look, Jim Mora has done a great job with this team and they have a great future ahead of them but that doesn't put them on the same playing field with Stanford.

You guys know this game is all about momentum...what have you done for me lately. I'll repeat what I said before...Stanford is a completely different team with Hogan at QB. Nunes was completely inept and had no business being the QB for as long as he was. The stalled drives and complete lack of athleticism and playmaking ability are a thing of the past. The only reason the Oregon State/Stanford game was so close was because David Shaw was being David Shaw and did everything he could to kill momentum and not hit the kill switch. Stanford should have won by 10+ going away.

This Stanford team, with Hogan and it's current defensive form, could beat any of those SEC teams on a neutral field. Let's not get into that...just trying to emphasize how much more capable they are than UCLA. Can UCLA win? It's possible. The weather is crap in the Bay Area and that field could be full of slop where anything can happen. Jim Mora is a better coach than David Shaw. Does that make that much difference? Maybe.

But all the probability of UCLA winning don't justify the price you're getting.
    Thanks again, tat.

72'RoseBowlChamp
    72'RoseBowlChamp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1323

Stanford will win this game! They are stronger now than at any point of the season! With Brian Hogan now the starting QB through his 5th game has made the Card have not only a defensive weapon but just as deadly on offense.... If we would have had hogan Vs Wash/ @ ND I think the Card would be undefeated this season! Stanford will pound the ball with Taylor all day and their 6ft 7inch TE Tololo and the best TE in the country right now Zach Ertz will do their part like they have all season in the passing game. Along with the num 1 rush defense and most sacks in the country I see UCLAs punter being on the field all night tomorrow! UCLA does have the talent to get this W but it just wont happen also due to the "Stanford Swag" getting their team to play together and for one another, you saw it in Oregon! Have not been to the rose bowl since 2000 and haven't won it since 1972! Also I dont see why any NFL team would be looking at coach david shaw? He's only in his second season and has never been a head coach before since then! Don't get me wrong hes a good coach but not enough experience yet under his belt plus most of these kids on the team were recruited by Harbaugh... Stanford wins by 10+

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

UCLA probably laid down last week to reserve some tricks but they still don't have enough to get it done against Stanford,

Maybe a cover but a win is wishing upon a star...................

72'RoseBowlChamp
    72'RoseBowlChamp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1323

I would admit Mora being a better coach of course but you also need to look at the post season experience of these teams. Great what mora has done down there at ucla this season, great improvements from the neuheisel era! Stanford is playing for its 3rd consecutive BCS bowl game and the majority of this team has played in those games! Stanford is not going to let this rose bowl slip, they have controlled their own destiny these past few games and are going to finish the job!

lonegambler
    lonegambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

if there is heavy ran in forecast , i believe the advantage in the trenches is no more a advantage ? bad wet grass leads to bad footing for all lineman , which does neutralize the advantage of the cardinal. my take on this i read all opinons in thread and some good points but mora i do believe did hold back plays not wanting to show all his cards last week knowing this wek is for all the marbels, i do believe from past history in football teams that were in ucla situation last week operate the same way more or less playing the game as a blaize glorified exhibition game , question is do they have enough to get job done ? my belief as line drop down all week long i fell bruins will cover the spread at 8 or 9 but if it goes to 7 watch out. MY PLAY CONSIDERING ALL MENTIONED IS UCLA +8 1/2 I BOOKED RIGHT NOW GL TO ALL

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

Not to mention UCLA got stomped last week by Stanford in their own back yard, now they have to go to Palo Alto and play them again.
    I don't see how the outcome this week will be any different than last week.

12 Last