HockeySB
    HockeySB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

MinEdge

Hi,

I am new to sports betting and I just started reading Sharp Sports Betting.

In is book, he as a section on MinEdge. This concept is kind of weird for me. I understand correctly the MinWin, but I don't understand how the MinEdge is working.

If I understand correctly, I would have to say... I think LA as a chance of winning by 56%... then I would have a edge of 6%. If my MinEdge would be 5%, then I would bet on that game.

My question is... how do you determine the 56%. I don't see how I could determine LA having a chance of winning by 56%, 54% or even 48%.

Maybe I am just mixing things.

Can someone help me please!

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by HockeySB View Post
    Hi,

I am new to sports betting and I just started reading Sharp Sports Betting.

In is book, he as a section on MinEdge. This concept is kind of weird for me. I understand correctly the MinWin, but I don't understand how the MinEdge is working.

If I understand correctly, I would have to say... I think LA as a chance of winning by 56%... then I would have a edge of 6%. If my MinEdge would be 5%, then I would bet on that game.

My question is... how do you determine the 56%. I don't see how I could determine LA having a chance of winning by 56%, 54% or even 48%.

Maybe I am just mixing things.

Can someone help me please!
    That number would come from a model/formula you have created.
    But for it to be profitable your numbers have to be so exact that I find it hard to believe any significant amount people actually make money doing it. The difference in expected value between 51% and 53% over 1000 bets is so large that your numbers would have to be spot on, or you must find lines that are extremely off, which does not happen very often.