marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have any ever Paid for Picks??

Or purchased packages??

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

nope, you probably should't be gamblig if you have to.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

I've paid for making terrible picks and misclicks etc... but never given my money to a dirty tout.

I do pay for a line service though. A decent line comparison service is an absolute must for anyone doing this seriously.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Back in 1996 I paid ATS consultants for a package...of course it lost, felt like a total jerkoff and never considered it again

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

fukk no i am my own tout. i make my own fukkin picks

marcojuiceman

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Back in 1996 I paid ATS consultants for a package...of course it lost,
    How does ATS stay in business??

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Early 80s paid

Mike Warren
    Jim Feist

Feist had a really hot run in NCAABB during one season back then.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29104

Hell no

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

You people are so Naive.

A. There are some touts That put out winning picks consistently.
    B. If you (like me) supplement your income with sports betting, it helps if you are able to wager all year long.
    B. Unless you are an expert on ALL the major sports you will not be able to wager all year long (successfully).

Example - I make money from my own picks in NBA, AFL, NRL and some other sports (netball, rugby union, tennis). However the quietest time for me is the middle of the year when MLB runs. I like and have some knowledge of MLB, however not enough to make consistent winning picks so I buy a season package from a proven TOUT and have made money during MLB season 2 years in a row now.

Does that mean I should not be gambling?
    Does that mean I know nothing about sports?

Every single week I am looking to make money from sports. If my knowledge is not at a pro level I have no problem paying someone whatever the fukc they want, as long as the end result is net profit in my bankroll.

Oh and before anyone starts with the "you can pay me for my picks crap" save it and bash the picks up your arse.

Lastly, anyone who thinks they are an expert in more than 2-3 sports, clearly has very low standards.

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Probably more people here then would like to admit it....Years ago I joined Mike Warrens gold key club,I actually made money with this shyster.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

Ras for a couple years

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

lang.

he went 0-3 that day. 0-4 including free pick.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

I've paid for many over the years, but now I just subscribe to one - sb professor's various systems.

4under
    4under's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Never payed. I`m new here but been in the game for a while. 9-0 this week against the spread. If you have the time to do your own research then why pay...... unless your a mush...

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

When I was starting I paid a guy, Charlie Maze, who is now at wagerocity, he started off hot ($100 units, I was up $1150 for the first week, I gave him $300 for the rest of the month of picks. Well, he started losing (and losing bad), and then I faded him the last 4 days of getting his picks, and ended up $500. At that point in my career +$200 for a month was damn good, so thats my story buying picks.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I paid for soccer. It's not much tho. I'm an American so I know shit about England league 1 and league 2 shit.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Br0nxer's package is worth it.

I think my annual renewal is up this month though

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only picks worth paying for are the SBR Syndicate Picks in the SBR Store.

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    The only picks worth paying for are the SBR Syndicate Picks in the SBR Store.
    Lou was confused after he opened this thread. He thought it said 'have you ever paid for dick', and he was coming to share his story of that one night with Loshack at Puchos.

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

11-12 years ago when I was getting started off betting American Sports, a workmate found an NHL tout who had a pretty good record so me and him chipped in for a season worth of NHL picks - think it was something like $100-$120 for the season in total, so $50-$60 each seemed like a good deal and gave me something to cheer on while I was still learning the ropes.

As it turned out, the guy did end up having a decent season - not spectacular by any means, but we covered the cost and made a decent profit on top.

I think he was on about following them again the next year, but by that point I had learnt a lot more and figured would quit paying for picks while I was ahead.

He got a new job somewhere else after that, and I havent heard from him since so no idea how he is getting on and if he is still paying for picks.

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

Having said that, this season I have started paying for a pretty well known (I would think) sports service that sends out various projections on NCAAF + NFL.

I havent been following the picks in there as well, but have been using the projections in conjunction with a few other stats and views of my own to help my handicapping of the NCAAF with some fairly good success this season so far, with the exception of this weekend where I went 3-5 on my college bets that is !

If I have a good season overall using it then I will likely use them again next year, but still early days yet.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

One time on a Sunday morning back 1989 i was going inside a local convenient store when i saw a young boy who couldn't have been more than 11 standing in-front of the store with his bicycle. He offered me a $1.75 to go in and place a bet for him on the Houston Oilers. I talked him into buying my plays for only $1.50. I took his money and told him to enjoy the plays. I think that kid grew up to be Smoke.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Years ago Ben Burns for hockey and he buried me

Its why I hate touts

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    You people are so Naive.

B. Unless you are an expert on ALL the major sports you will not be able to wager all year long (successfully).
    I like how you start out calling everyone in the thread naive and then make a massively naive statement. If only you knew how dumb statement B is.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    You people are so Naive.

B. If you (like me) supplement your income with sports betting, it helps if you are able to wager all year long.

Example - I make money from my own picks in NBA, AFL, NRL and some other sports (netball, rugby union, tennis). However the quietest time for me is the middle of the year when MLB runs. I like and have some knowledge of MLB, however not enough to make consistent winning picks so I buy a season package from a proven TOUT and have made money during MLB season 2 years in a row now.
    What part of the year has MLB but no union / league / AFL running?

marcojuiceman

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Lou was confused after he opened this thread. He thought it said 'have you ever paid for dick', and he was coming to share his story of that one night with Loshack at Puchos.

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Years ago Ben Burns for hockey and he buried me

Its why I hate touts
    Yah but that's like saying that you got food poisoning from McDonalds 30 years ago, so now you hate all burgers.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

touts have the same probability of winning any pick as compared to you.

One thing you need in gambling is experience. Bet low amount first 2 years..after that you will know the right spots to pick.