k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1848

Too much talk abou BAD BEATS, let's talk about GOOD BEATS!!

I had Marshawn Lynch u98.5 yards rushing in that comedic game. He finished with 98 yards...

Which was also enough for my fantasy team to beat JAKEPEAVY by exactly 1 point.....

Stars must have aligned, I might get hit by lightning soon.

Oh yeah, thanks SBR for giving us nice odds on the Seahawks, how big of a point hit was that?

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Good beat, having Memphis in a last leg of an open parlay vs. Golden state. Memphis was getting their shit pushed in for 3 quarters, down by some ungodly number - turned it off, threw the controller, went to bed.

Woke up, logged into 5Dimes, and my account had a lot of new money in it. Memphis somehow won. Watched the replays, and still couldn't believe it.

---

Subsequently, I took Memphis in the playoffs, where they had a catastrophic meltdown. Still dislike that team.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I remember that Memphis / golden state game vividly

They went on some ridiculous run to end the 4th

But sadly I had the warriors so I'm in the wrong thread

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Duke game about 10-12 years ago

had the other side. it was either Clemson or G tech. cant remember

Getting about 19

Down low 30s 4 minutes left. turned it off. Logged onto account later that night and money was in there from that game.

Duke didnt score another point after i turned it off. Got outscored like 17-0

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1848

Notice how short this thread is, while a bad beat one would be 10 pages already....

I vividly remember most of the real bad beats, can't think of too many good beats off the top of my head.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

can't remember the good ones tbh

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

K13, props for returning those points. I had truthfully forgot about those. Good guy!

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

I guess most recent Detroit Lions +3 2H vs 49ers late TD covered....

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

if the padres come back and win this game tonight it would be a REALLY REALLY good beat

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

Although Lynch ****** me because I had to pay a lot on bets on the big baller fantasy league, i will contribute my good beat.

University of Houston about 5 years ago, I was done with my classes one afternoon and was supposed to go to work at the Toyota Center for a Rocket's game but my car wouldn't start. So I called out and since I was stranded I made my way to Robertson stadium because UH had a home game that night. I got in for free with my student ID and since I wasn't about to watch that shit for free, I called my local to put a nickel on UH -17 or some shit like that. UH proceeded to shit the bed and they were down like 3 TD's at halftime. I said fuk my life! and just left the stadium to see if my car would start now. Sure enough, it started and I drove home. Got home, ate something and then went to watch some tv, I turn the tv on and it was on espn which was showing the game. UH had like a 35-3 run in the second half and now they were wining by 11 with about 3 minutes left and driving the ball. I remember thinking life was just teasing me because the fukers were probably just drive and get a FG and I'll lose anyway but they ended up getting a TD with like 30 seconds left and won by 18 covering the spread by 1.

After that game I went on the craziest run I've ever had gambling. I made like 14k in the next 4 months or so with my local. Good times.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Teased O 45 in Saints/Falcons last year, last game going and needed it for a $1.300 payday. Falcons driving down 20-23 and kept lobbing it up at about the 10 yard line while I'm screaming to just kick the tying FG because it looked like every attempt would be intercepted. They kicked the FG and cover my tease but not the 51 total.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

this wasn't a bad beat really just a funny one

orlando was playing someone i forget. reg. season game. game over, backups in. the under is a lock if you just dribble it out. anthony johnson that scrub. one of the worst players in the nba. at the horn just chucks up a 3.

my brother is worried at this point becase he can along for the under. i tell him, "don't worry, it's anthony johnson. no chance he makes a wide open jumper."

fukkin flat shot no rotation no arch, somehow goes in. we lose.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Also reminds me of a game just a few weeks ago. Some MAC game or some shit, can't remember now and had over 55 or 56 for the game. There was a total of 10 points scored midway through 3rd quarter, turn it off, log back in and see it was graded as a win. Total was 30-27 in OT.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

got to add in a bad beat

worst beat ever. next to my miguel tejada walk off 3 run homer killing my twins RL +1.5 bet but I have already told that story

fukkin NBA nickel reverse with a local. long fukkin time ago. before I ever played offshore

first part of the reverse won. 2nd end Blazers-Twolves game

Took twolves. getting something like 6. whatever I was getting had spread covered by a point. so down like 5. 15 seconds left. Blazers dribbling the clock out. JR Ryder claps to the PG to pass him the ball. Gets the pass and fukkin dunks it with like 1 second left. Lost by a point. couldnt fukkin believe it. fukker must of had money on the game with the homies

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

OP, are you going to give us a winner?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Just won on an unreal good beat had Washington +.5 3rd quarter, 3rd and 11 at their own 30 they complete a pass 1 yard short of the first with 20 seconds left and it looks like they will punt but at the very least will run the clock down to the end of the quarter but they run up to the line and snap it with 1 second left and the running back who has done nothing all game breaks a 60 yarder

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I just calculated it I think I was a 204000/1 dog approximately to win that bet at one point